Blueskysea B1W dashcam

Will there be a GPL filter for Blueskysea B1W ?
If yes, when?

Sorry, CPL not available for B1W!

Does the Blueskysea B1W come with any warranty? Haven't been able to find much information on this, and the amazon listing doesn't indicate this either. Thanks in advance.

Probably a better idea would be to get a dedicated hard-wired kit with a Micro USB connector and hard wire the camera into the vehicle, this way you can forget all the cable issues and you should not have connection problems.

the dash cam is only temporary for me. the tesla model 3 will eventually have a dash cam feature using the existing cameras.

Normally easier to use a 10 foot USB extension cable and then whatever special cable is required on the end, makes it easy to swap between micro USB and mini USB cameras, and also makes it easier to find a good quality cable with thick conductors for power.

Personally I often use the mass storage mode, so disabling it should be an option, not a complete removal! I find it easier to take the camera into the house than take the SD card, and then it is easier to plug the camera into the computer than use a separate card reader.
i eventually got a data blocker adapter. seems to work fine.

You need to use a different cable.
The firmware is not related to the cable. You need to use a cable that is only used for charging, not for data transfer
i'm suggesting the firmware should turn off flash drive mode by default, and add an option in the app. or at least mention in the manual that the camera will not record in flash drive mode.

i'm suggesting the firmware should turn off flash drive mode by default, and add an option in the app. or at least mention in the manual that the camera will not record in flash drive mode.
Sorry, but it seems to me that you are confusing something with something

On page No. 16 of this topic, it seems to me that the members answered your question

I bought the B1W from estore009 on ebay. I have a Tesla Model 3. The Model 3 has front 2 USB ports. When I plug B1W into the front USB port, the B1W detects an SD card but does not start recording. However, when I plug into an external battery, B1W records.

My assumption is that the Model 3 is treating the B1W as a flash drive (for playing MP3 files) instead of providing power only. Can you create a new firmware that disables flash drive mode? Otherwise I can't use the B1W since the cigarette port is too far and my USB cable I bought is 10 feet only.
If you did not succeed, maybe the USB-connector in your car Tesla Model 3 has a non-standard pinout and is not intended for power supply dashcams. The fastest way is to pay attention to this. The connector in your Tesla has the same function as in the computer, and not as in the charger. Try to clarify this with the Tesla manufacturer.

Does the Blueskysea B1W come with any warranty? Haven't been able to find much information on this, and the amazon listing doesn't indicate this either. Thanks in advance.
Maybe the answer is here: http://www.blueskysea-inc.com/contact.aspx?FId=n7:7:7

Free 6-Month Extended Warranty
Register your dash camera (with order id) to extend an additional 6 months free warranty for all Blueskysea products.
Register your product now and to get faster and more personalized assistance from us.
Customer Service
Tel: 1-213-441-7188‬ (US)
Mon--Fri, 9 am to 5 pm PST
Email: CS@blueskysea-inc.com
support@blueskysea-inc.com

Attachments

• Warranty.jpg
    Warranty.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 25
I have noticed a new fw on blueskysea-inc website dated 0528 / 0626. Any changelog? What's new?

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

I have noticed a new fw on blueskysea-inc website dated 0528 / 0626. Any changelog? What's new?

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk
Adds USA time format MM/DD/YY
Adds "beep" alert when card error per 5 seconds ( previous firmware only voice prompt once)

Adds USA time format MM/DD/YY
Adds "beep" alert when card error per 5 seconds ( previous firmware only voice prompt once)

I updated to the latest firmware. Can you point me to where the option is to change the date to USA format? I cannot find it in the settings.

I updated to the latest firmware. Can you point me to where the option is to change the date to USA format? I cannot find it in the settings.
What is your APP version? 1.7.5 version has such Date/Time format option!
app2.png
app1.png

Last edited:
What is your APP version? 1.7.5 version has such Date/Time format option!
View attachment 39629
View attachment 39630

Thanks. That was my problem. I updated to 1.7.7 and it has the option. New problem though. 1.7.7 is not in English in the settings area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

New problem though. 1.7.7 is not in English in the settings area.
Please show me your APP interface, so I can have a check, thanks!

Back