Blueskysea B1W dashcam

New problem though. 1.7.7 is not in English in the settings area.
Please show me your APP interface, so I can have a check, thanks!

Please see the screenshots below. Thanks

86eec17975df807d4d7b7d8925c262e4.png

096dabe80b798d6ca21bbca99988eb83.png

0b10c5468f302901cefb9b5bdafcb67d.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey, where are you guys getting versions 1.7.5/1.7.7??? My phone apparently upgraded to 1.7.2 recently, and now I can't connect to any of my 3 cameras. This is the only version I see on Google Play.Screenshot_20180703-133553.png

My wife still has an earlier version, and her phone is able to connect. I also noticed her DVR has a version number, whereas mine doesn't.

17605.jpg

you won't get a version number until the app can connect, try putting it in flight mode to disable cellular data and then turn wifi back on and see if you can connect then

I sideloaded version of 1.7.1 from another website, and it's working again. Weird thing is, Google Play says it's version 1.7.1, but it clearly states it's 1.7.2 when you download it and click ABOUT. Someone might want to check the version on Google Play.

Looks like the US roll-out of the next version is taking some time. 1.7.1 was up, I found 1.7.2 on an apkmirror site and sideloaded it. Working well!

Just a note for anyone else, when I flashed the newest firmware wifi-on, it automatically reset the wifi password back to the default. No big deal.

Just a note for anyone else, when I flashed the newest firmware wifi-on, it automatically reset the wifi password back to the default. No big deal.

anytime you reload or update firmware it will have the default password again, that's the expected result

I sideloaded version of 1.7.1 from another website, and it's working again. Weird thing is, Google Play says it's version 1.7.1, but it clearly states it's 1.7.2 when you download it and click ABOUT. Someone might want to check the version on Google Play.
Thanks for the report! This android APP 1.7.2 only works with newest firmware 20180528s; And for the previous firmware 20180103s, should update camera with newer firmware 20180528s; Anyway, do not worry, my team will solve it within 1~2 days, so this newest APP can compatible with both firmware!

anytime you reload or update firmware it will have the default password again, that's the expected result

If that's the case, why is there a separate 'wifi password reset' firmware to flash?

If that's the case, why is there a separate 'wifi password reset' firmware to flash?
Some users have changed the default WiFi password and have forgotten it. If this happens they can reset the WiFi password by loading this firmware.

@Mebejedi its Android APP on Google Play should be updated already, could you have a check it again?

new member here , just ordered one based on the good reviews

i plan to hardwire this for neatness , am i right understanding if i hardwire it to always on then i would have to manually select park when parking up then deselect it when ready to drive away ? not sure i would use that feature if so

and if wired to 12+v permanent how long until this runs the battery down? i often park at the airport for 1-2 weeks

lastly...browing dashcam reviews i see some degrade the dab signal , does this unit suffer any problems as i like my dab radio

thanks

new member here , just ordered one based on the good reviews

i plan to hardwire this for neatness , am i right understanding if i hardwire it to always on then i would have to manually select park when parking up then deselect it when ready to drive away ? not sure i would use that feature if so

and if wired to 12+v permanent how long until this runs the battery down? i often park at the airport for 1-2 weeks

lastly...browing dashcam reviews i see some degrade the dab signal , does this unit suffer any problems as i like my dab radio

thanks
There is a firmware update coming which will give an auto parking mode, however it still uses power, not as much but still significant.

You will need an off switch for when it is at the airport, a 100% full and reasonably new car battery might last 1 week, but in winter if you don't drive much and use lights+heater+wipers+++ then it may only be 2 days, depending on the size of your car battery. Some hardwire kits have a low voltage cutoff, but for a 2 week park you should switch it off anyway because your car alarm may drain the battery in 4 weeks so you don't want the camera to only leave 10% for the alarm.

Hard to tell with the DAB, it depends on the quality of your DAB antenna and how close you run the camera power cables, but the B1W is one of the lowest power dashcams so likely is one of the best. You can always upgrade the DAB antenna to solve the problem. When you install the dashcam, make sure the power cable goes up the opposite side of the windscreen to the radio antenna.

yes already plan to run the wires down the other side will see how it goes

think i will just with an ign live then , so filming will start and stop automaticly as i start the engine right?

yes already plan to run the wires down the other side will see how it goes

think i will just with an ign live then , so filming will start and stop automaticly as i start the engine right?
Yes, it's insert a non-fake SD card, plug in and it will auto record, only thing you may want to do is set the time/date which needs the wifi app.

I'm a retard!! Just realized the date is
dd/mm/yyyy. hahaha my bad!!

any way to change format to mm/dd/yyyy?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk
@Picard Newest 1.7.9 APP has this date format option, and also you should update camera firmware 20180528s if your camera comes with old firmware 20180106s!

what am i doing wrong

new cam arrived , sd card in and it says sd card detected , i turn on the app and it just stays at the connecting page ?

brand new card ..i just inserted it ? should i have done something else?

Back