Blueskysea B1W dashcam

It is certainly possible for it to affect DAB reception, but it is possible for most electronic devices to affect DAB reception if you car has a poor quality DAB antenna or is in an area with a poor DAB signal. If you have a good quality DAB antenna then you will probably notice no difference, although car manufacturers tend to fit cheap DAB antennas rather than high quality ones!
signal with cam off..high , cam on no signal

I'm using 0614s firmware, new camera and new card. I have the video set to 3 minutes in the settings, but it is recording in 1 minute increments.

signal with cam off..high , cam on no signal
Unfortunately that is how DAB works, it is digital, either working or not working, it doesn't have many sort of working stages in between like analogue radio.

You should ensure that you keep the camera power cable well away from the DAB radio antenna and the DAB radio antenna cable, they should not both run up the same side of the windscreen. This is the same for all cameras, doesn't matter what brand.

If you are installing the camera at the back then keep it well away from any shark fin antenna and as high up the rear window as possible while still within reach of the wiper and heater.

If you still have a problem then an upgrade to your DAB antenna may be the answer.

yeah will have a fiddle with the wiring route ...will see if wifi off helps too

sums up my issue....any known good quality chargers?

Last edited:
I'm using 0614s firmware, new camera and new card. I have the video set to 3 minutes in the settings, but it is recording in 1 minute increments.
What are your phone module and APP version? Have a try with APP 1.7.9 version!

sums up my issue....any known good quality chargers?
Yes, such radio interferences are from camera AV cables and wonder if it will be better to add RF filter on the cable end?

Thanks for your report, and we will have a check it with Android phones!

Yes, such radio interferences are from camera AV cables and wonder if it will be better to add RF filter on the cable end?

ive made this basic charger - its improved matters from zero signal to it works 70% of the time , so better but not good enough , have ordered a sheilded usb hoping that might do it

so i asked elsehwere will it cause problems with dab...and yes it does

why dont manufactures test these things before sale

Because nobody requires that they do it. And considering that to get honest results you'd have to check every device in every car model, then check every possible combination of said devices in every car, so then the task becomes as close to the impossible as there can be.

DAB interference issues are covered in a thread here somewhere. I couldn't find it in my bookmarks so you'll have to search for it. Several people found the problem insurmountable after extreme efforts using all the tricks that usually work for other types of RFI. This was with several different cams including top-quality ones too. Using distance between cables/antennas/devices and RF chokes may help somewhat but don't expect miracles. And if my sources are correct, we will soon have the same problem in the US as all analog broadcasting is to be phased out in the future so I'm told.

Let me take a moment here to give a status update for myself and my B1W. Life got insane for awhile but I'm going to be back here as I can. I had my B1W recording constantly in my second vehicle, a minivan, until 2 weeks ago without any real failure, though twice it did stop when the 'saved event' file filled up. Formatting the card in my laptop (or in my Mobuis cam) cleared this up and got things going again. We had two weeks of extremely hot weather here that caused my cheaper cams to malfunction, but not this one. It would still be going right now but that car is apart for a serious repair with the battery disconnected.' Im still on the original firmware using a SpyTech hardwire kit and a Samsung EVO select 64 GB card, but a Transcend 400X of the same size performed equally well when tested. Still having app issues but that's likely because off my crappy android tablets- it seems to work very well for most other folks.

I still feel as before about the B1W except even more strongly- this is positively one of the best dashcam values ever, and can be utterly trusted to do it's job. It's the ideal side or rear cam, but good enough for front use too. When funds allow I will be buying more- you can count on that.

Phil

I had my B1W recording constantly in my second vehicle, a minivan, until 2 weeks ago without any real failure, though twice it did stop when the 'saved event' file filled up. Formatting the card in my laptop (or in my Mobuis cam) cleared this up and got things going again.
Suggest you update its firmware 0528s, it adds the sound alert if card errors.

I'm using a old firmware added to this thread with Wifi_Off by default. I didn't saw this option again in new firmwares.

Does new firmwares already has this as an option via APP or I missed the last firmware with wifi_off by default?

Does new firmwares already has this as an option via APP
Not an option via APP, camera sound alert only it detects card errors.

Not an option via APP, camera sound alert only it detects card errors.
I don't understand.

I refer to set wiffi off by default. Nothing related to sd card.

I want to use last firmware but set wifi Off by default when I power on de Cam

With the latest changes to the parking mode (auto start 3 mins after car is no moving...), I understand that I can use a powerbank to always give power to the B1W and the camera will auto change mode between parking and standard mode with it's internal g-sensor. No more wire kit is needed. Isn't it?

Back