Blueskysea B1W dashcam

ok ive formated via the phone app....ive tried powering the camera on and off to test it , once in a while say 5 or 6 tries it says insert empty card , power it on/off and works normal?

My humble guess.
Camera came with old firmware.
1.7.9 app will not connect to it.
Dashcam FW should be updated to 0528.
?

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

struggling to update the firmware now...follwing the instructions but doesnt seem to update the camera

ok ive formated via the phone app....ive tried powering the camera on and off to test it , once in a while say 5 or 6 tries it says insert empty card , power it on/off and works normal?
It happens if you use a slow speed card, and suggest that you have a check your memory card with tool H2testw!

struggling to update the firmware now...follwing the instructions but doesnt seem to update the camera
You can find camera firmware in APP About section after WiFi connected for android user. If default 20180528s firmware, no need to update firmware then!

app says v1.060180528s

can anyone help me through testing the card...im not good at this

hmm link isnt much help...ive clicked on something and it says scanning will take 2 hrs or so, does tha sound right

hmm link isnt much help...ive clicked on something and it says scanning will take 2 hrs or so, does tha sound right
If it is busy writing to the card and displaying write speed then yes, it will take some time to check that every memory cell works, leave it going and then post the result.

You should start with an empty or freshly formatted card in order that it can check the full card.

What is the write speed in MB/s?

urrg i went outside while the programme worked and the laptop went to sleep, now the sd card isnt recognised at all

urrg i went outside while the programme worked and the laptop went to sleep, now the sd card isnt recognised at all
What was the last information from H2testw? ie how far did it get...

Format the card in your pc first time. Have you set the dashcam to access Wi-Fi?

What was the last information from H2testw? ie how far did it get...
i didnt note it...said something to the effect of failed and lit up red , no doubt because the lappy turned off

now when i insert the card into camera or laptop its not seen like its not there

It is very likely that the SD card is unusable

i didnt note it...said something to the effect of failed and lit up red , no doubt because the lappy turned off

now when i insert the card into camera or laptop its not seen like its not there
Seems very likely the card was faulty, normally they are almost indestructible. You did say that it was new and not tested.

Do you have another card that you can test with, 8GB or larger just for testing, then we could rule out any issues with the camera.

no i dont have a spare one , its a brand new branded card that worked until i tried that tester on it

not sure i want to get into trying more cards that cost half of the camera price , if theyre that picky on card brand then it should come with the correct one

its a samsung evo pro card...was that suitable yes/no?

i dont want to buy yet another one only to be told its probably maybe that , or my phone or my wifi or the wind is blowing the wrong way

Last edited:
Back