Blueskysea B1W dashcam

can you post up the exact card i need to use 32gb from a uk seller ....i dont want to buy another to be told its to blame or the wrong choice

halfords list a nextbase 32 for £20 ...will that work ?
sandiscextreme £25

guessing i can trust they sell genuine ones

Last edited:
ok i will collect the nextbase one...what do i gain from updating the firmware , i was struggling to do it before the card stopped working

Your camera load the newest firmware 20180528s already!

My B1W stops recording after 2-3 hours with audio message "SD card low speed". The green light stops blinking and just stays ON. Reformatting SD card temporarily solves the problem, but after some time it stops recording again. Is this a faulty SD card issue or some problem with the camera itself?

It's Samsung EVO 32GB and it was working just fine for two or three months before failure.

Cards can fail, you can try resetting it by doing a full overwrite erase using SDformatter, that may sort things out, worth a try anyway

It's Samsung EVO 32GB and it was working just fine for two or three months before failure.
Are you recording 24 hours a day? Or is it an old card?

The card is new but recording is (almost) 24/7.
Best to use a large card for 24/7 recording, double the size and they last twice as long before they wear out.

However I would expect a 32GB card to last longer than 6 months, if you take advantage of Samsung's 10 year warrantee then it will be interesting to see if they invalidate it due to high write count or not...

My B1W stops recording after 2-3 hours with audio message "SD card low speed"
It happens if your card was a slow speed card. I has one SanDisk C10 failed Card, it only can record about 20 mins as normal,after then, this camera will stop recording!

It happens if your card was a slow speed card. I has one SanDisk C10 failed Card, it only can record about 20 mins as normal,after then, this camera will stop recording!
Yes, it looks like the card is faulty because the camera works fine with another SD card.
Thanks everybody!

so i asked elsehwere will it cause problems with dab...and yes it does

why dont manufactures test these things before sale

so i asked elsehwere will it cause problems with dab...and yes it does

why dont manufactures test these things before sale
It is certainly possible for it to affect DAB reception, but it is possible for most electronic devices to affect DAB reception if you car has a poor quality DAB antenna or is in an area with a poor DAB signal. If you have a good quality DAB antenna then you will probably notice no difference, although car manufacturers tend to fit cheap DAB antennas rather than high quality ones!

I believe most if not all can like as not cause some interference. It is down to the radio antennae and the dashcam being in such close proximity.

Back