Buffered Parking mode

I'm just wondering are there any other benefits of conecting power cable directly to the camera not to GPS mount?I know is for parking mode,but are any other benefits to do that?

I'm new here and am just finishing setting up my A129. I hope my question is not off topic for this thread.

If car is left parked for long periods of time, what is the best mode/settings to use to track activity and use the least amount of battery power. I'm not presently using a battery pack and am thinking I might forego installing one. Any tips/ideas would be appreciated!

So regarding the new firmware, is it ready for primetime? OR should we wait until the next interation? I'm willing to reset to factory defaults but don't want endless hours of trinkering and troubleshooting and worries about reliability. Thanks in advance.

I just installed v1.8 and set up the buffered parking mode.
I have just a few initial things to report:
1 - after installing, the camera needs a factory reset, otherwise it's running quite hot (at least mine did, after upgrading from v1.5 stock)
2 - The newest version of the Android app finally get the firmware update ! I like the solution VIOFO came up with to circumvent the non-internet WiFi issue - a VPN... Hats off to VIOFO for this!
3 - Not related to this particular firmware, but to the camera itself - the G-Sensor is pretty useless! Even at the highest G-Sensor sensitivity, slamming the car's door will not trigger the event!
4 - I set the parking mode motion sensitivity to hiighest, as quickly waving my hand in front of the camera doesn't trigger a recording on the medium or low.
I'll check the SD card tomorrow and be back with more info.
Glad to see you found the VPN update for Android version.
We improved the connection on Android phone, if someone still cann't connect the camera on Android phone, please try to enable the VPN.

The VPN also enabled the internet connectivity after camera connected with phone.

I am using the original VIOFO's HK3 plugged into the camera directly (not on the GPS mount)
The parking mode is set to Auto event detection.
Parking mode motion detection and G-Sensor sensitivity are both set to highest. Do not confuse these settings with the other Motion detection and G-Sensor settings in the menus - these are dedicated to parking mode only.
I think VIOFO should also release a new version of the manual to explain the buffered parking mode and to guide users to properly set it up :)

I tested these settings tonight and they seemed to work great with the new v1.8 firmware. With Auto Event Detection ON, if an event is triggered by either the parking motion detector or the parking G-Sensor, does that mean the saved file is buffered? If so, how much time before and after the event is recorded? And finally, with the new v1.8 firmware are these Auto Event Detection files locked or flagged in any way?

I tested these settings tonight and they seemed to work great with the new v1.8 firmware. With Auto Event Detection ON, if an event is triggered by either the parking motion detector or the parking G-Sensor, does that mean the saved file is buffered? If so, how much time before and after the event is recorded? And finally, with the new v1.8 firmware are these Auto Event Detection files locked or flagged in any way?
Parking mode videos are 45 seconds. The buffered part is 15 seconds before the event detection. The files for parking mode have an extra "P" in their names like 2019_0630_211921_268PR.MP4

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Good to know. Thanks!

As far as the primary (not parking mode) motion detector and G-Sensor, what are they for and when would they be triggered? I'm assuming the main G-Sensor is for crashes.

I did a little more testing of the v1.8 firmware tonight and more specifically the Auto-Event Detection settings. While the motion detection seems to work pretty well (if there's enough light), I could not get the G-Sensor to activate, even when rocking the car up and down or banging on the trunk.

I have the same issue with the G-Sensor in parking mode. You can only trigger it if you slap the camera directly....

I have the same issue with the G-Sensor in parking mode. You can only trigger it if you slap the camera directly....
Well, that sucks. I guess I'll need to make sure that my Mazda 3 is parked near a street light so that the motion detectors will activate. :)

Im giving this factory reset another try and going to run out and see if it stoped recording in about an hour or two.
So did the factory reset and it seems that that did the trick. I know I did it before when I first loaded the firmware, but maybe give it another factory reset @Sergiosmvc, seemed to do the trick for me to get the auto event detection to work all night last night, ill keep testing to see if anything else causes it to stop randomly like we were experiencing. Going to try some other motion settings right now I have everything set to medium. going to try high sensitivity on both motion and g and see what kind of results come from it.

So did the factory reset and it seems that that did the trick. I know I did it before when I first loaded the firmware, but maybe give it another factory reset @Sergiosmvc, seemed to do the trick for me to get the auto event detection to work all night last night, ill keep testing to see if anything else causes it to stop randomly like we were experiencing. Going to try some other motion settings right now I have everything set to medium. going to try high sensitivity on both motion and g and see what kind of results come from it.
So i thought i had the g sensor in parking mode set to medium, but it was set to high. however seemingly not much in terms of impacts will set this thing off to record. Tried slamming the door a bunch, jumping on the truck but looks like the only thing that actually triggered the recording was the motion of the actual car shaking around from being in a fixed place, not the g-sensor. so anything short of slamming into the car and physically moving it enough for the motion sensors to trigger an 'event' will it record at the moment (outside of motion detection)

There have been many reports of the parking mode g-sensor not being sensitive enough. I reported this to Viofo during beta testing of the buffered parking mode FW a few months ago. It was working OK in the early beta FW, so I'm not sure what happened. We did have discussions about whether the g-sensor trigger should operate at all, since it results in a few seconds of lost recording time when the camera changes from parking mode to normal recording mode.

There have been many reports of the parking mode g-sensor not being sensitive enough. I reported this to Viofo during beta testing of the buffered parking mode FW a few months ago. It was working OK in the early beta FW, so I'm not sure what happened. We did have discussions about whether the g-sensor trigger should operate at all, since it results in a few seconds of lost recording time when the camera changes from parking mode to normal recording mode.
That is interesting, those few seconds lost of shifting from parking to normal mode shouldn't matter if the buffering is working properly, no? Maybe I'm misunderstanding?
I have noticed that the g-sensor on high sensitivity during driving saves an event if i hit a pothole pretty good, just jumping on my sidebars (thinking it would be a similar g-force) didnt trigger it.

Back