Camera holder becoming loose?

bossyman15

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
SG9665GC
Recently I have noticed my video are more shakier.

I checked the camera and I found that it have some give to it. It is no longer rock solid. I could twist it a bit and move it up and down a bit.

Below is two videos showing before and after.

Before

After

Know how I can fix this?

When did you buy your GC? Did you use the EVA foam pad? If you bought yours a while ago it might not have been included and we're happy to send you some.

Y8j9fMtl.jpg

What happens is the slight curvature of the class slowly pulls on the flat bracket. The foam fixed this.

Ah I have the foam. I will install it.

EDIT: Installed! Now the camera feels very rock solid. I will check the video after next time I drive.

i had to add adhesive felt similar to your foam pad to fix some buzzing/rattling in my videos in my a118. i figured it was the texas heat that deformed the mount/camera. very minor, not a big deal.

is it possible the EVA foam makes the fitting too snug and when removing cam, it may rip off from the glass? I installed the thin mount with the foam and it seems like if i needed to remove the cam, i couldn't without quite a bit of force.. worried about the whole thing coming off.

is it possible the EVA foam makes the fitting too snug and when removing cam, it may rip off from the glass? I installed the thin mount with the foam and it seems like if i needed to remove the cam, i couldn't without quite a bit of force.. worried about the whole thing coming off.
I have the foam on both front and rear cams - no problem removing them from the mounts. Takes a bit more force (by design) but no issues.

the foam will be quite tight when it's new, ideally don't put it on straight away as sometimes it's not needed as it just depends when the 3M tape cures how much it pulls in and if it get's movement or not, when the tape is first put on it will be tighter though, just press firmly against the glass as you detach it and it will come off no problem

This might sound dumb but what does the foam do? I didn't even get what it was for when I saw it in the box. I noticed on my camera with music playing with bass on you here a annoying thump.

This might sound dumb but what does the foam do? I didn't even get what it was for when I saw it in the box

What happens is the slight curvature of the class slowly pulls on the flat bracket. (could cause rattle/noises) The foam fixed this by filling the gap.

Y8j9fMtl.jpg

oh ok its nice of you guys to put 3 in the box :) and its not very loud music I just have a stock system. I did notice that the camera is slightly loose though I never thought anything of it before since my previous videos with the a118 from spytec that my mom has now never had a sound issue

The A118 mic/audio is not as sensitive as ours when we did side by side tests. (some are bit muffled even, not as clear) You can actually pick up a conversation from people outside the car with the doors closed on our model.

oh ok. Sorry I didn't mean to put the SG down or anything and I love the camera :) We got my brother one too and I gave my mom mine and hardwired both of their cars. I'm just not used to all the features etc of the SG one.

And ok jokiin, I'll ask my brother when I get a chance to see if he has the same issue on his. I'll probably do the same for my mom's if she has the same issue. Thanks to both of you

Back