Cannot format Lexar 64gb SD to FAT32

KennyFSU

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
A119, G1W
Running W10 on an HP laptop. Any ideas? I see a few third party programs that claim to be able to but my IT friend says that I would only be able to use half the capacity after that, is that true?

Running W10 on an HP laptop. Any ideas? I see a few third party programs that claim to be able to but my IT friend says that I would only be able to use half the capacity after that, is that true?
Can't you format it in the camera?

no, it's not. the camera uses Fat32 file system, and there is a utility called "GuiFormat" which will format any SD card size to Fat32 only.

But if I were to format the card via camera then that would be adequate, right?

Great, thanks for the help, everyone.

One last question, after formatting, do I need to follow the instructions for copying the new FW version on it?

yes, it would be about the same. I say "about" because once you format the card in the camera and exit the "Menu" the camera will start recording, and during that recording it will create a folder structure like "DCIM/Movie". :)

Great, thanks for the help, everyone.

One last question, after formatting, do I need to follow the instructions for copying the new FW version on it?
Yes, follow the instructions that come in the download. Make sure to update the Bootloader as well.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J A119 6
castle A119 25
A A119 3
mealto A119 13
K A119 6
Back