Cheap anonymous dashcam from Newfrog

efoo

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
SGGCX2PRO+, SG9665GC, A118C2, A118C.
I'm not sure where to post this review as it doesn't have a brand name, thus I called it "anonymous dashcam". Bought from Newfrog (another online Chinese retailer) a month ago when it was on sale for AU$24 (US$22). Sorry for my mumbling in the video as I just spoke off the top of my head. No rehearsal and my first time doing a video review. Can skip to 10:17 for side-by-side comparison video between this anonymous dashcam and my Mini 0801.

Conclusion: Not recommended for purchase.

Last edited:
nice review.
this camera has the worst video quality of 2015 dvr's..
i can estimate the camera worth 10-15$.

I've yet to see someone review a $20 price range product. The video is a perfect example to show the "you get what you pay" for result. You can only do so much with $20 yeah.

Yes, I am going to try 720p this weekend. Also plying open the cam and readjust the lens as the lens is not focusing far objects well.
Well, it's just a cheap dashcam for me to play around and experiment with :)

Sorry for my mumbling in the video as I just spoke off the top of my head. No rehearsal and my first time doing a video review. .

Congratulation on your 1st review !

Alright, I got good result adjusting the of the cam. I tried the lower 720p initially, the video looked worse so it is a no go. Today I took it apart and turned the lens clockwise by about 30 degree and it improved the focus.

This is before the lens adjustment (picture is 100% crop from original still shot of the video clip):
18265851506_5af5fc75a0_o.jpg

This is after the lens adjustment:
18288453252_c536ff480d_o.jpg

The white rails on the foreground appear similar in focus for both before and after shots.
However in the after shot, the tiles, white gate and brick fence appear better focused and showing more detail.
The tree behind them showing more detail in its trunk and leaves.
And those two small hatches in the background also appear better focused.

Cheers :)

Back