COVID-19 Coronavirus Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The explanation here is the "Rebel culture". People believe that it's not so much what you do or think, but whether you get caught which matters. So people do stupid things not realizing that there are wide-spread consequences to individual actions regards this virus even when the government and police aren't watching :oops: And we've got tons of church-goers who believe that God will protect them so they need to do nothing themselves o_O Add that to our Governor whose wimpy butt will not take any harsh measures no matter the clear need for them, and you get these results...

Phil

That is even more inaccurate reporting than the RT article :ROFLMAO:

More testing gives more false positive cases, the real story is told by the deaths and hospital occupancy.
And since you don't like the 28 day cutoff, this is the story since July based on death certificates which has no cutoff at all, just the doctor's opinion:

EhYmKmpWAAIgExn

(Note that Wales has a population of 3 million people, so spike of 1 death per million is not very many people, especially when a meat factory is involved.)

Far less deaths than even Australia, and vastly less than almost every American nation, except Canada which seems to be copying the Europeans:
View attachment 53252

What a bunch of CRAP! Averages? You have had 14,227 confirmed new cases in the last 7 days according to your own government figures!

The death rates are lower because of the new arbitrary cut off dates and the fact that many of the new cases are among younger people but as the news reports have been explaining these younger people are now infecting their their families, co-workers, friends and random others and the now numbers are expected to explode!

You can spin this every which way to Sunday but it is what it is. When I first pointed out the upcoming spike in cases you dismissed it. Now that it's here you are trying to make believe it isn't real.

Averages? hahhahhahhahhahhahhahhahhahhahhah! :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Most new cases here are also kids.
Idiots think they are bullet proof,,,,,,,,, just like when i was young and a idiot.
Still, i did stupid things out of ignorance, and in most cases i was the only one in danger,you cant use that excuse today as all knowledge are at your fingertips, at best you can claim " i am just lazy"

Kids are playing Russian roulette, but instead of aiming the revolver at them self they just aim it down the street and pull the trigger,,,,,,, and thats not nice at all.

wonder what the plan is now the Oxford vaccine everyone has been pinning their hopes on has been put on hold

Zowie :eek: I just saw the reports- not good, but such can happen during drug and vaccine trials, and that is why properly conducted trials are so important.

Phil

wonder what the plan is now the Oxford vaccine everyone has been pinning their hopes on has been put on hold
Currently nothing has changed, just routine testing, we have to wait for the outcome before making any judgement:

But such events are not unheard of. Indeed the Oxford team describe it as "routine". Any time a volunteer is admitted to hospital and the cause of their illness is not immediately apparent it triggers a study to be put on hold.

This is actually the second time it has happened with the Oxford University/AstraZeneca coronavirus vaccine trial since the first volunteers were immunised in April. An Oxford University spokesperson said: "In large trials, illnesses will happen by chance but must be independently reviewed to check this carefully."

Remember that in the Moderna trials, a number of people fell ill, including going to hospital, but those trials continue.
At some point you have to compare lives saved against lives lost/illnesses, if only 1 person in 10,000 becomes ill and recovers, while the vaccine saves 80% of those that come into contact with covid from all illness and death, then you probably still want to use it!

But as a backup, the Oxford team has a backup vaccine, now being tested in Australia because Australia now has far more virus illness/deaths than UK!

This could get confusing, two Oxford vaccines from the same people!

It is rather interesting that AstraZeneca and public officials refuse to reveal the nature of the illness suffered by the vaccine volunteer(s) but the simple fact that they abruptly shut down ALL trials globally including the large late stage trials suggest that it is serious.

Last edited:
It is rather interesting that AsrtraZeneca and public officials refuse to reveal the nature of the illness suffered by the vaccine volunteer(s) but the simple fact that they abruptly shut down ALL trials globally including the large late stage trials suggest that it is serious.
None of those people are going to know, the trials are being carried out by Oxford, not the WHO or Astrazeneca, and even within the Oxford group, patient data is not going to be available to most. The UK regulators will know, but they won't be talking about it.

Also, the trials continue, it is only new inoculations that have been paused. Given the numbers that have been inoculated already, getting to this point with only two pauses is good news, vaccine trials often take years, they have been making good progress.

I see the mRNA vaccines have a distribution issue, they are about as durable as the virus itself, because they are actually not much more than part of the virus.

Moderna is also under investigation:

Remember that in the Moderna trials, a number of people fell ill, including going to hospital, but those trials continue

Yes they do- BUT with a modified vaccine which so far has not shown itself to have any serious problems. Moderna is still on schedule to release their vaccine when planned.

AstraZenca/Oxford are doing the right thing here, just as Moderna did previously (y)I'm sure that they believe as I do that this will be an isolated incident but until that can be determined with certainty it is best to stop everything so as to not possible endanger lots of people needlessly.

It is sad that things needed to stop and not a good thing for expediency in getting a safe vaccine out to us, but with any luck this will be resolved quickly, at least well enough for the trials to restart. We need to remember that every vaccine can have serious side-effects for certain people up to and including death; it goes with the territory and we still administer those vaccines because the risk of widespread disease is far, far greater than the risk of an occasional serious adverse reaction. Nothing new in that ;)

We also shouldn't be using any vaccine's trial as a 'political point' in trying to make someone look bad. There's no good which can come of that as it only causes contention and promotes hate and divisiveness. Only someone with the extreme lack of character of Trump tries to use such things as a way to make themselves look better or to divert attention from something which matters more :cautious: We shouldn't lower ourselves to that despicable level.

Phil

None of those people are going to know, the trials are being carried out by Oxford, not the WHO or Astrazeneca, and even within the Oxford group, patient data is not going to be available to most. The UK regulators will know, but they won't be talking about it.

Also, the trials continue, it is only new inoculations that have been paused. Given the numbers that have been inoculated already, getting to this point with only two pauses is good news, vaccine trials often take years, they have been making good progress.

I see the mRNA vaccines have a distribution issue, they are about as durable as the virus itself, because they are actually not much more than part of the virus.

Moderna is also under investigation:

"Only new inoculations that have been paused"? Now there's a euphemistic spin if I've ever heard one. They abruptly SHUT DOWN administering the vaccine in trials world wide among tens of thousands of volunteers due to what they are claiming is a single individual who experienced a bad reaction. This would only occur if there was a serious enough concern regarding the patient who got sick.

Everyone, including you, Nigel will have to patiently wait for the outcome despite your efforts to softpedal what has happened. For months now It's been fascinating to see just how invested you are in this particular vaccine, among the many that are under testing around the world, as if the glory of the Empire depends upon it. :LOL:

Last edited:
They abruptly SHUT DOWN the trials world wide among tens of thousands of volunteers due to what they are claiming is s single individual who experienced a bad reaction. This would only occur if there was a serious enough concern regarding the patient who got sick.
Rubbish, they couldn't shut down the trials even if they wanted to, they have got to keep monitoring the tens of thousands already inoculated in case some really serious issues turn up! They are just following the rules for what happens if one of the tens of thousands becomes sick with an unexplained illness, and given that this participant could very easily be aged over 90, some participants becoming ill should be expected. It could be someone who got the placebo, until the investigation is complete we do not know. Safety First!

Let's stop bashing the vaccines and the people making them, even if we feel a different vaccine is better. These people are trying to save our lives and we need to be supporting them!

Phil

Rubbish, they couldn't shut down the trials even if they wanted to, they have got to keep monitoring the tens of thousands already inoculated in case some really serious issues turn up! They are just following the rules for what happens if one of the tens of thousands becomes sick with an unexplained illness, and given that this participant could very easily be aged over 90, some participants becoming ill should be expected. It could be someone who got the placebo, until the investigation is complete we do not know. Safety First!

Stop playing semantic games Nigel. Of course they are still monitoring the people who have been inoculated. But they abruptly stopped administering the vaccine world wide which is virtually unprecedented in a global trial of this size over a single patient's reaction. The question at hand is what adverse reaction did the patient experience and was it directly caused by the vaccine?

Once again, your personal emotional investment in the Oxford vaccine is beyond weird at this point, but certainly not surprising. Reminds me of your uber-nationalistic Brexit zealotry. How's that fiasco coming along? ;)

But they abruptly stopped administering the vaccine world wide which is virtually unprecedented in a global trial of this size over a single patient's reaction.
This is a routine action which has to happen whenever there is a potentially unexplained illness in one of the trials, while it is investigated, ensuring we maintain the integrity of the trials. In large trials illnesses will happen by chance but must be independently reviewed to check this carefully.

"Oxford University and AstraZeneca have already vaccinated approximately 17,000 people in the UK, Brazil and South Africa.

What Nigel quoted:
They abruptly SHUT DOWN the trials world wide among tens of thousands of volunteers due to what they are claiming is s single individual who experienced a bad reaction.

What I actually said:
They abruptly SHUT DOWN administering the vaccine in trials world wide among tens of thousands of volunteers due to what they are claiming is a single individual who experienced a bad reaction.

Gee, @Nigel, I just happened to notice that you are playing games with how you quoted me above. You conveniently omitted the words "administering the vaccine" after the words "SHUT DOWN" and then accuse me of claiming they shut down "everything".

Altering a member's direct quote in order to try to win an argument is rather low my friend, and desperate!

Ah, so now you quote me once again, this time accurately. Thanks for confirming.

Presumably you edited in the omitted words after I quoted it :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back