COVID-19 Coronavirus Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you mean by "unique"?
You do sometimes hear it used?

I have heard the word once or twice before, long ago. I believe it was in a book I read but it is not used at all in common language. The expression I used is basically a figure of speech and is used as a mild form of sarcasm.

I have heard the word once or twice before, long ago. I believe it was in a book I read but it is not used at all in common language. The expression I used is basically a figure of speech and is used as a mild form of sarcasm.
Ahh, it is actually in everyday use, but as you previously suggested it is a Welsh word, probably not used much outside of Wales and Patagonia these days.

I doubt the Mink are raised only for fur; just about everything has some kind of byproduct use and therefore value enough to sell if in enough quantity. And nowadays most places have specific rules about disposing of dead animals, especially cattle after BSE (mad cow disease) made it's way to many parts of the world. In nature there is little to no waste- worthless waste is pretty much a man-made thing :(

Phil

I doubt the Mink are raised only for fur; just about everything has some kind of byproduct use and therefore value enough to sell if in enough quantity. And nowadays most places have specific rules about disposing of dead animals, especially cattle after BSE (mad cow disease) made it's way to many parts of the world. In nature there is little to no waste- worthless waste is pretty much a man-made thing :(

Phil

hehe yeah.

The MO of the mutation are in the spike protein, which is what pretty much all of the cures are focused on, so in that sense it is bad if they change, but the way it hit people and how serious it get appear to be unchanged along with how infectious it appear to be.
It have been given the nic cluster 5 ( i assume there have been 4 more elsewhere no one was told about )

7 municipalities in northern Jutland will get completely shut down, and around 17 mill mink on 13.000 farms will get terminated ( before i said the mink generate a 3 bill DKKr trade annually, it is actually around 5 bill )
So these all get shut down for at least 4 weeks, with a range of sanctions stronger than seen before anywhere in the country.
Nordjyske-kommuner-Corona.jpg

If the Danish flu get out there, it do not render all research mute, but changes will have to be made for sure.

11 people have been infected with this ( all is also cleared as far as i know ) but the things is the 10 of them are in northern Jutland, but one are right smack on the middle of Zeeland, and its a old guy in a nursing home so no telling how the hell he got it.
They are saying the stuff probably got into the mink VIA seagulls that here in Denmark of course do not make a living on the high seas, no ours are on welfare and just fly around and eat where and then they want,,,,,, bleeding heart librals. :LOL:

hehe yeah.

The MO of the mutation are in the spike protein, which is what pretty much all of the cures are focused on, so in that sense it is bad if they change, but the way it hit people and how serious it get appear to be unchanged along with how infectious it appear to be.
It have been given the nic cluster 5 ( i assume there have been 4 more elsewhere no one was told about )

7 municipalities in northern Jutland will get completely shut down, and around 17 mill mink on 13.000 farms will get terminated ( before i said the mink generate a 3 bill DKKr trade annually, it is actually around 5 bill )
So these all get shut down for at least 4 weeks, with a range of sanctions stronger than seen before anywhere in the country.
Nordjyske-kommuner-Corona.jpg

If the Danish flu get out there, it do not render all research mute, but changes will have to be made for sure.

11 people have been infected with this ( all is also cleared as far as i know ) but the things is the 10 of them are in northern Jutland, but one are right smack on the middle of Zeeland, and its a old guy in a nursing home so no telling how the hell he got it.
They are saying the stuff probably got into the mink VIA seagulls that here in Denmark of course do not make a living on the high seas, no ours are on welfare and just fly around and eat where and then they want,,,,,, bleeding heart librals. :LOL:

So Danish Mink Flu could be bigger than Lego!

I didn't know seagulls could transmit COVID. I wonder where they picked up a mutation? As far as Danish seagulls flying around and eating what they want, where they want, they do that here in the US too! Some places have gotten really, really bad with aggressive seagulls harassing people. It got so bad in one town, Ocean City, that they brought in falconers with birds of prey and the pesky seagulls finally got scared away.

Ocean City’s Pesky Seagulls Fleeing in Fear

birds of prey.png

Last edited:
The seagull thing are not confirmed yet, so far they just found the virus on a seagull foot, but it is funny how rapid it have gone thru mink farms, places where seagulls do come to pick up scraps.
Where my friend use to live there was a factory next door, that was 3 floors tall, and every year on their roof seagulls would nest, and my friend would them pick them off with the .22 airrifle.
And you almost need to head shot the suckers with a .22 airrifle, out guns only have 32 ft/lbs so you want to be on target CUZ that is not a shoot anywhere to get a kill power.

Damn creatures make a lot of noise.

The seagull thing are not confirmed yet, so far they just found the virus on a seagull foot, but it is funny how rapid it have gone thru mink farms, places where seagulls do come to pick up scraps.
Where my friend use to live there was a factory next door, that was 3 floors tall, and every year on their roof seagulls would nest, and my friend would them pick them off with the .22 airrifle.
And you almost need to head shot the suckers with a .22 airrifle, out guns only have 32 ft/lbs so you want to be on target CUZ that is not a shoot anywhere to get a kill power.

Damn creatures make a lot of noise.

Whatever caused this I hope Danish Mink Flu turns out in the end to be nothing more than a tempest in a tea pot. Danish Mink Flu does have a certain ring to it though......

DMF almost DMZ, so back the the Korea / Vietnam days.

We are doing all we can here to get on top of it, and i am sure if anyone have better suggestions they would do that too.

Hehe yeah i guess things can get too exotic, even if it is native birds when you get too many it can have a bad result.
Modern farming and crops i assume could contribute to a population of something getting out of hand.

Hehe yeah i guess things can get too exotic, even if it is native birds when you get too many it can have a bad result.
Modern farming and crops i assume could contribute to a population of something getting out of hand.
they have the worst screech noise they make, they're generally eat in groups so you'll get a heap of them at once, I have a gum tree in my backyard and it's a regular stop for them at the end of the day

can get worse though, sometimes you get one that has been a pet that has learned to talk that gets out, they learn by copying so before too long you have 50 birds swearing at the same time

When I was a kid a friend's Mom ran a bar (pub) and she kept a Myna bird there who did nothing but swear all the time :rolleyes: Business slowed down when the old bird died- it was the main attraction of the place and people came from all around to hear it do it's thing :cool:

Phil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back