COVID-19 Coronavirus Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have of course never used the sync to PC features ASO, cuz why the hell would i, i cont have a schedule and meetings to coordinate and attend, so my computer better bloody well see my phone as a external memory devise and nothing else.
A bit outdated these days, both phone and PC automatically sync to the cloud these days, no need for USB sync cables and sync apps etc, just like you don't need charging cables any more, it is all wireless.

I've never had a landline, what use is a phone that is tied to the ground and that doesn't receive your email?

A bit outdated these days, both phone and PC automatically sync to the cloud these days, no need for USB sync cables and sync apps etc, just like you don't need charging cables any more, it is all wireless.

I've never had a landline, what use is a phone that is tied to the ground and that doesn't receive your email?
Everything I have that needs charging uses cables. NOTHING I have syncs to a cloud or even to the open sky.
Why would I want a phone to receive emails? The screen is to small to read much correctly.

Germany will start testing a "cure" for the corona in a few days,,,,, gott in himmel we will have German speaking zombies running around soon.
In the UK, we have started human testing on a vaccine, but the testers are worried that there aren't enough people getting infected now to get a result!

Prof Andrew Pollard, director of the Oxford Vaccine Group, who is leading the trial, said: "We're chasing the end of this current epidemic wave. If we don't catch that, we won't be able to tell whether the vaccine works in the next few months. But we do expect that there will be more cases in the future because this virus hasn't gone away."

Prof Gilbert previously said she was "80% confident" the vaccine would work, but now prefers not to put a figure on it, saying simply she is "very optimistic" about its chances.

"The aim is to have at least a million doses by about September, once you know the vaccine efficacy results and then move even faster from there," said Prof Adrian Hill, who runs the Jenner Institute at Oxford,

My phone do support wireless charging, but that's not going to be used unless the plug in the phone break, and even then i have my doubts.
wireless charging are one of my newest hate technologies.

My phone do support wireless charging, but that's not going to be used unless the plug in the phone break, and even then i have my doubts.
wireless charging are one of my newest hate technologies.
What is it that you hate about wireless charging?

When 94% of virus patients have underlying health conditions is the virus attacking the weak?

Not enough people getting infected? How can that be?
Those figures are for people entering hospital now, they got infected a couple of weeks ago.
We will see if Prof Andrew Pollard is correct in a few weeks time.

In the UK, we have started human testing on a vaccine, but the testers are worried that there aren't enough people getting infected now to get a result!
Set up in NYC instead of inside the UK. It appears NYC has a serious virus problem.

Set up in NYC instead of inside the UK. It appears NYC has a serious virus problem.
They have other plans:
The Oxford team is also considering a vaccine trial in Africa, possibly in Kenya, where the rates of transmission are growing from a lower base.

Those figures are for people entering hospital now, they got infected a couple of weeks ago.
We will see if Prof Andrew Pollard is correct in a few weeks time.

Despite your claim above about not having enough infected people to test, considering the ongoing trends seen on the constantly updated World-O-Meter tables above, one would have to assume the UK has a rather large pool of infected people to test.

As I understand there are at least 75 labs in the US alone developing vaccines using different techniques. I don't know the number world wide.

Hopefully, someone comes up with a viable vaccine sooner than later. Good luck with the UK efforts!

Just heard on the radio that random antibody testing done in New York State turned up a surprisingly significant number of people with the antibody. This suggests that the virus was circulating long before anyone was aware and also that herd immunity may be more established than previously thought. Apparently, now they need to do more thorough, more rigorous testing.

Despite your claim above about not having enough infected people to test, considering the ongoing trends seen on the constantly updated World-O-Meter tables above, one would have to assume the UK has a rather large pool of infected people to test.

As I understand there are at least 75 labs in the US alone developing vaccines using different techniques. I don't know the number world wide.

Hopefully, someone comes up with a viable vaccine sooner than later. Good luck with the UK efforts!
They don't want infected people, they need uninfected people who are known to have never had the virus before they can test the vaccine.

If most people in the UK have already been exposed then they do have a problem, both with finding uninfected people and then in getting those uninfected people infected, because both are necessary to test the vaccine.

I don't know what the chances are of this particular vaccine working, but this team does at least have experience, having already used the same technology to develop other coronavirus vaccines that work.

I just feel like its such a waste of,,,,,, everything.
Sure i know a lot of things have came about out of convenience, and apparently now plugging in a little plug are too much to ask of people.
And it also tie into my general problem with wifi, which i of course also do not use, at least not in day to day, actually the wifi router that let me access my CCTV cameras with my tablet, well the wifi on that router are only turned on while i sleep / use the tablet.
The first thing i do after waking up and sitting up in bed and swinging my legs out of the bed is saying "o ****" then stand up and go turn off that wifi.

They don't want infected people, they need uninfected people who are known to have never had the virus before they can test the vaccine.

If most people in the UK have already been exposed then they do have a problem, both with finding uninfected people and then in getting those uninfected people infected, because both are necessary to test the vaccine.

I don't know what the chances are of this particular vaccine working, but this team does at least have experience, having already used the same technology to develop other coronavirus vaccines that work.

I hear what you are saying but I was responding to your statement:

the testers are worried that there aren't enough people getting infected now to get a result!

Plenty of people are still getting infected and it is very likely there is still a large pool of yet to be infected.

And it also tie into my general problem with wifi,
It is a magnetic link, not a radio link, so rather different to wifi. Effectively a transformer, as used to be found in power supplies, but with the two coils in different devices.

I've been using it for years for the toothbrush, where it makes a lot of sense because it makes the toothbrush completely waterproof. Only turn it on to charge though. These days phones are waterproof too.

An American doctor and his team developed a vaccine in 2016 and nobody would fund the trials. :mad:

Scientists were close to a coronavirus vaccine years ago. Then the money dried up.

Coronavirus: Doctor tells Congress he developed vaccine years ago but 'could never get funding' to start trials

Plenty of people are still getting infected and it is very likely there is still a large pool of yet to be infected.
I don't know that, but I suspect the professor does know, there will have been a good reason for him saying "We're chasing the end of this current epidemic wave. If we don't catch that, we won't be able to tell whether the vaccine works in the next few months.", clearly he thinks there will be very few infections soonish.

herd immunity may be more established than previously thought
I thought you didn't believe in herd immunity! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back