COVID-19 Coronavirus Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shouldn't really be a funny subject, but this is a much better way to deal with the USA's verbal attacks and fake claims on China and the WHO's handling of the virus than any other. (Not all in the USA agree with Trump, but he is their leader, it is USA that has ended WHO funding, not Trump.)
taking credit for anything that might be seen as popular, denying involvement in anything seen as unpopular is a particular area of expertise he has

Corona are just grooming, soon there will be new stuff killing many more, and it sort of make sense only fewer people can save the world.
How to make it look good killing 3-4 billion of people, blame a decease or two, and be a hero with schools named after you for saving half of mankind.

:cautious: Aint i the happy fellow today.

I think the proper term is "delusional", and @jokiin has just described the normal character of this and every politician. It used to be humorously said that a good politician was one who remembered his lies so he could at least remain consistent, but I guess that 'value' is another one which time has eroded away into nothingness. If we could elect Mickey Mouse or Goofy to the job I'm pretty sure we'd get better results.

kamkar1 has a point though- our world population is at least close and at worst past the point of what this planet can support and sustain in the long term, and without a serious lowering of that number the future isn't going to be a pretty one. Here behind door number one is death by exposure due to there being no money for housing. And behind door number two we have starvation due to famine because a global weather event ruined a few years of crops. Behind door number three is disease which can get you in good times or bad. You have 30 seconds to pick one, and good luck!

We need to do much deep thinking and to make some really tough decisions, but instead of that we get ;people handing out 'free' rose colored glasses which aren't really free- we'll have to pay for them later.

Phil

I think the proper term is "delusional", and @jokiin has just described the normal character of this and every politician. It used to be humorously said that a good politician was one who remembered his lies so he could at least remain consistent, but I guess that 'value' is another one which time has eroded away into nothingness. If we could elect Mickey Mouse or Goofy to the job I'm pretty sure we'd get better results.

kamkar1 has a point though- our world population is at least close and at worst past the point of what this planet can support and sustain in the long term, and without a serious lowering of that number the future isn't going to be a pretty one. Here behind door number one is death by exposure due to there being no money for housing. And behind door number two we have starvation due to famine because a global weather event ruined a few years of crops. Behind door number three is disease which can get you in good times or bad. You have 30 seconds to pick one, and good luck!

We need to do much deep thinking and to make some really tough decisions, but instead of that we get ;people handing out 'free' rose colored glasses which aren't really free- we'll have to pay for them later.

Phil
You appear to have missed out the greenhouse gasses issue, which is far more important to the future than this virus, but still Trump has pulled out of the Paris agreement, canceling funding commitments already made, just at the time when serious action by all countries has become critical and the USA is one of the top consumers of the unsustainable fossil fuels while also making the least commitments to sorting the issue.

Where is the USA:
d41586-019-03330-9_17340464.jpg

... and China for that matter. I see who is leading again!

12128030-4x3-xlarge.jpg

Several European countries have now gone over the peak and down the other side and are now relaxing restrictions, Australia has also gone over the peak and down the other side and are now relaxing restrictions, but there is a big difference, Australia still has almost no immunity, nothing to stop it spreading out of control like it has in other countries, seems they are taking a very big risk! In the European countries, even if it does start spreading again, there is enough immunity to slow the rate, allowing it to be manageable, and if they have enough immunity then it wont need managing. Can Australia really manage to get back to normal without immunity? New Zealand is wiping it out completely before relaxing, seems far more sensible.

The Faeroes did wipe it out completely, bright times ahead:
_111922660_1_9783961712557_1.jpg

Put the pieces together. People are broke, angry, told they can not work until July or later and are pushing back.

According to a brand new survey from Bankrate.com, just 37% of Americans have enough savings to pay for a $500 or $1,000 emergency. The other 63% would have to resort to measures like cutting back spending in other areas (23%), charging to a credit card (15%) or borrowing funds from friends and family (15%) in order to meet the cost of the unexpected event.

Author Neal Gabler reported on the work of one economist, who concluded that in the event of a job loss, "a family in the middle quintile, with an average income of roughly $50,000, could continue its spending for ... six days." This finding is scary, and it isn't much better at the next income level. "Even in the second-highest quintile, a family could maintain its normal consumption for only 5.3 months,"

What happens when people already on the financial edge lose their incomes?

The governors actions of keeping businesses shut down could destroy the states economy if this plan remains in place.

I was nowhere near this location with no intentions of participating.
Did this event:

result in this response?

This is a cute protest song written by a cute blonde.

This shows how wearing a mask can be done.. badly... for medical reasons.

The governor wanted everyone to wear a face mask. Did the governors order say exactly where on the body to place the face masks? I am not sure. This girl wore 2 masks hoping to double her safety by using not just 1 but 2 of those anti-virus devices at the protest.

2 face msks are worn to obey the executive order.jpg

One of the best forms of civil disobedience is to do exactly what you are told to do but not the way you were expected to do it.

Another corona virus is the common cold. There has never been a vaccine against the common cold. Why would this corona virus not be as undefeatable by a vaccine as the common cold?
There is another reason why we don't use common cold vaccines. The coronavirus vaccines we do have, including most if not all the upcoming covid-19 vaccines, prevent the virus from infecting inside the body, they don't prevent it from infecting the surface of the body, which includes your skin, throat, and the surface of your lungs exposed to the air. And so they don't prevent the common cold symptoms or stop you becoming infectious, they just prevent you becoming ill. For most colds, we don't get ill, just get a sore throat, cough etc., so the vaccine is no help. For covid-19 the vaccine will prevent you needing to go to hospital and prevent death.

So if New Zealand and Australia do manage to prevent the epidemic taking off until the vaccine is available, there will be no point just vaccinating some of the population, they will need to vaccinate everybody before they can let the virus free, if they don't then there will be deaths, and even if they do, many people will still get the cough, sore throat, etc. as it goes through the population, and will probably be banned from international travel until the epidemic is over. Because everybody in those countries will need the vaccine, and not just the 60% some people were saying was required for herd immunity, and they will be competing to get it against China, and all the elderly around the world, it may be some time before they reach 100% vaccination, and of course they have never managed to get to 100% with measles, or even the 95% required to wipe out that disease. So maybe still 2 years of restrictions ahead followed by a bad cold for many people, while other countries are already relaxing restrictions because for them the epidemic is nearly over, and for the Faeroes it is over, with zero deaths. Australia is currently at 95 deaths and New Zealand at 20, so they are not going to have won anyway.

Maybe the vaccine should only be made available with the measles vaccine included so that we can finally wipe out that disease? Take it or risk death by covid-19!

This is collateral damage caused by social isolation.

By Rep. Tim O'Neal May 1, 202
I recently spoke with a woman concerning her unemployment benefits. Or rather, the lack thereof. She cried while explaining to me that she and her daughter were eating the dog’s food because she had no money to buy groceries. Am I supposed to tell her to be patient?

I also spoke with a small business owner with five employees. All of his employees are laid off, and he has no income. He’s worried that his business won’t be around when we finally open back up. Yet he continues to pay his mortgage and other expenses.

The lives affected by the loss of income are vast and they deserve the dignity of earning their own way. They deserve to have the opportunity to return to work, and we should never hear another story about a family eating dog food because of a decision the government has made. It is time to trust our citizens to act safety and allow our small businesses to operate if able.

Just remember that the people telling us to be patient are still getting paid. I’m tired of being patient.
State Rep. Tim O’Neal represents the 48th Legislative District.

Many businesses are going out of business forever right now becaue of the lockdown. Many others will soon follow the path to bankruptcy.

Aroostook county

94976177_1127248320957114_1955678611948175360_o.jpg

Does Aroostook County have an overload of corona making it unsafe to live and breathe there? 2 cases of disease is not sufficient justification to lock down that county. I bet that county has more hiv cases than that. Businesses are failing nationwide and in each state.

Snap 2020-05-03 at 14.00.37.png

95474649_10222984548264940_461659583606161408_o.jpg

95512469_10222984514184088_1433046487197024256_n.jpg

95266501_10222984507623924_259561370666663936_o.jpg

95401274_10222984494663600_8582306103017078784_n.jpg

95481496_10222984489463470_3990753916315762688_n.jpg

96025394_10219194013373506_6406218114559639552_n.jpg

Last edited:
I do get the Americans, and i can only wonder how they feel about the Chinese that are sort of to blame for the mess.

Many municipalities here have not had a single case in a week.
map_kommune_7_days.ashx

We are knocking on 500 dead now, and the number of tested daily are rising still, now around 11000 get testes every day, the plan is to go much higher than that as society slowly open up and we change to a more sniper like approach to infected and take them out instead of the whole society as we have done so far.

The corona app here have been delayed :rolleyes: and people now say why not go for the Oogle / fruit company one.
But even if its free, to keep the standard the government will probably still go for the Danish APP, it is funny though everything digital / IT related to the Danish government are a mess, always have been.
And it is the main reason i will have nothing to do with any public digital platform, and that in turn make a lot of things harder for me or down right impossible.

Also even with the Oogle / fruit company APP i am not going to put it on my phone, but if i get infected i will have little problem thinking of where i have been the past week or so, as i dont really see many places or go to many different places.

Last edited:
Many municipalities here have not had a single case in a week.
Not much sign of reopening the schools having any effect!
Maybe some sign over the next week, but it looks like a bit more relaxation of restrictions would be a good idea if you want to get to the end of it.
No point going to " a more sniper like approach " until you have enough immunity for it not to come back in a big way when you reopen the border to Germany.

Yeah its a thin line we will have to see if we can find and walk.

Yeah its a thin line we will have to see if we can find and walk.
Should be a fairly thick line by now, it is spreading much slower than before due to immunity as well as restrictions, plenty of time to make changes if you relax the restrictions too much.

Maybe, but Danes are "Thick" too, so i am sure no matter what we will see some problems, but its just a challenge we must take, and one we had several months for our glorious benevolent leaders to prepare for.
So far there have been no need for the ventilators accommodated from private hospitals ASO, but that might still come.

The US states with armed protestors, if it run amok there and all ventilators are in use and death rate go up really bad ASO, i am sure those guys will have no problems staying home.
But i feel with them, i like my freedom ( i dont have ) so much, that being Danish have a range of additional problems for me, for one some freedoms i have to take as it is not really legal here.
I have alway said i will defend myself and my property in any way i see morally justifiable, and here i am thinking of my personal morals not that of the spineless Danish society.

So far there have been no need for the ventilators accommodated from private hospitals ASO, but that might still come.
UK came to the conclusion that ventilators were killing people, so we are now only using them if absolutely necessary, not following the instructions of the Chinese and WHO which was to use them as soon as possible. Most people now just get an oxygen mask and are not sedated. Most of our field hospitals have zero patients. Given the amount of immunity you now have, I think it very unlikely you will have overload of the hospitals.

I see the WHO has explained the people testing positive for a second time - just part of the healing process where damaged cells from the lungs get replaced and the infected ones released, like dead skin cells being shed. These people are not reinfected, not ill, and not infectious, just healing.

The governor shut down the entire state for a problem in 2 counties.

How many counties need to have ZERO active cases to be declared safe to open?
Why should an uninfected county be closed for business?
I can not justify shutting down and thus destroying businesses in a county with zero virus cases.
I am not saying this applies to the county I am in or does not. It is fairness I want.
Cumberland county probably is a valid concern while Aroostook county is not.

95145668_10158577584479407_3949574512911056896_n.jpg

The governor shut down the entire state for a problem in 2 counties.
Maybe 4 counties, if you look at cases per population.

If you don't shut down the entire state then you probably have to close the borders between counties, and I don't expect individual counties are sufficiently self-sufficient to survive that?

Looks like you shut down far too early, which makes reopening a big problem, you are highly likely to get a second epidemic when you do reopen because there isn't enough immunity, and it sounds like your people aren't going to accept a partial lockdown.

You do have to get your feet wet with many things before you get going, sadly there are no trainer wheels for this virus, so you just have to get on the bike and faceplant until you learn it.
You might loose a few teeth but they will grow back ( if you are not in your 20 when you learn cycling ) here you learn to cycle ASAP, or at least you use to, Danish parents are now pampering their kids wayyyy too much.
To be honest i am surprised Denmark dident close for business sooner, we have a very unfortunate and expensive habit of overreacting and over implementing.
Many things EU are getting around to now we have done since the 80ties, for instance fertilizer and pesticide use, we are so far ahead of the curve, it is hard to sell Danish grain as it is much leaner / less protein content than grain from countries just abiding by the current EU rules.
So if you are a vegan / tree hugger, and eat bread, it should be made with Danish grain.
And it have not helped us much,one after the other ground water weells have to be closed due to pollution from farming mostly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back