COVID-19 Coronavirus Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Italy asked,,,,,, a week or so ago.
And now Denmark step up, so we are sending.
1: A field hospital.
2: A million EURO.
3: Some respirators. ( number undisclosed ATM )

Of course we are not the only ones to send stuff to Italy, and most likely not the first ones either.

PS. Some pilots tried to sky write the hospital workers,,,,,, clearly Danes have a lot to learn here.
imagescaler

The school children have a duty to do for the good of the country, just like the health workers have been doing.
If there was a significant risk to the children then it would be a different situation, but the numbers of children dying from this virus are far less than from flu, whooping cough, measles etc., even though we have vaccines for those.
My wife was infected trying to save a child’s life in Spain. We believe every child is special and should be protected.

Fembots - Children,,,,, send them in first :giggle:

Fembots even come with build in disinfectant measures, so no need for big trucks and men spraying down streets and what not.

1586394019453.jpeg

Last edited:
Good to see that you are opening the schools again soon, should speed things up a bit as the infections are slowing down and get it finished.

Good Lord! “Speed things up” - “get it finished”! You sound like a commander in a Nazi death camp!

Today's new case count in the UK was up by 5491 with a new daily death count of 938 souls! The UK deaths per million count (105) now exceeds that of the USA (44) by 2.4 times! One might think that the daily body count alone would strike some deep chord even in your dark soul. But NO! Now you double down on this widely discreditedherd immunity strategy” advocating now for intentionally putting the health of children and the lives of their teachers, administrators, school personnel and all the other support staff, plus their parents in grave danger of contracting a deadly infection so as to “speed things up” & “get it done”!

These are human beings! These are sons and daughters, brothers and sisters, mothers and fathers, grandmothers and grandfathers, aunts and uncles, cousins, friends and neighbors you seek to dispose of under some Machiavellian notion that everyone will eventually die anyway, so lets get this over with!

Except not for YOU, of course....... only “others” should die. Kill them off, the sooner the better...“Speed things up” - “get it finished” you say! But NO, not poor elite Nigel who floats safely at a distance above the fray spared from the horrific fate you prescribe for everyone else.

Nigel, we've all seen you utter some astonishingly arrogant, self congratulatory, condescending, and heartless remarks on this forum directed towards other nations and other peoples but you have sunk to new lows with this one. Such misguided, cold-blooded, inhuman thinking, this time against the lives of innocent children, their educators, their caretakers and their loved ones is so jaw dropping, so reprehensible, so ghoulish and so appalling I don't quite know what to say. It is beyond shameful and then some!

P.S.
The school children have a duty to do for the good of the country, just like the health workers have been doing.

Unlike healthcare workers and other adults who can make their own decisions about putting themselves in harm's way, children are not capable of making such a selfless life choice, nor should they be compelled to, especially against their will or without their full knowledge and understanding about what they would be facing and the consequences thereof. These children are not sent off to school alone in a vacuum. Imagine the lifelong trauma a surviving child would endure when they've come to realize that their presence in school and subsequent infection with COVID-19 led to the death of a beloved teacher, one or both parents or some other loved one.

My God, Nigel! I'm loathe to say this but I have to. You sound like Josef Mengele, the infamous Angel of Death.

Last edited:
Schnell !!!! Zu der viruschamber.:)

I think most of us get carried away with this, that's also why i don't post the daily pestilence numbers anymore.
I am flipping off the virus and just have 2 priorities now, not to get it / not to pass it to my mother, and have some fun, and we Danes can do that with a deadly virus too.

Still i am not going to make fun with the Americans new death toll record, even if i could come up with something i think are funny, or had stumbled over something funny in that regard.

We all know what to do by now, and at the top of that list should also be not follow up too much on a thread like this.
And if anyone feel like it, pray all you can for who ever you want to.

Last edited:
No responsible adult would want to see a single child put to risk of death when it could be avoided. Especially when you consider that the one will be crammed into a classroom with many others, practically guaranteeing that many will be infected by the one. The concept of achieving "herd immunity" by deliberately risking children is absurd, and so must be a person putting forth such an idea.

Yes there will be a time where even though some risk still exists, children will need to go back to school but that time is not now when this disease is at or close to it's peak in most places. It is something for later- perhaps much later- when we know the risks are small and we have the resources available to closely watch for any problems. We don't have the available resources now, and that alone is enough reason to wait. I may hold little hope for the future of humans, but what little hope I have it lies in the children, who might learn from our mistakes and do better.

Phil

I am wondering why the opening gambit here must be kids from kindergarten and up a little, then a gap and then the kids ( 9 - 10 grade ) that have exams soon, and i also think the higher educational institutions open up too.
Only if that pan out and a month later will they open up for small businesses, and after all those are a minority of work places i assume,,,,,, but i am okay with it i need a haircut as i am beginning to look like a damn hippie.
People might also have to accept working off hours to spread the people out and not having them rub shoulders, so companies that have been a 7 - 5 work schedule might become a 24/7 deal with a lot less people there.

This opening is what are fracturing the Danish parliament, cuz these new open up measures have been more or less constructed by the current majority holders in the parliament and the other parties have had no say in it what so ever, so they feel steamrolled.

There will of course also be rules for this opening, its not like kids will get crammed 25 kids into a classroom like normal, the 2 M rule i think are still in place there ASO.
So a class will probably take up 2 classrooms now, and i assume the teacher just have to run back and forth, cuz teachers as i recall is also in short supply here, due to it being a dead end public job you only take if you are inclined in that way.

Not sure what will be done in most places including here. This and every other form of social interaction will be far different than we've ever seen before- at least for awhile. Our world will never be quite the same; part of that will be a good thing and part won't but it has to happen.
Phil

"herd immunity" sounds so nice because those who believe in get the illusion they (and their loved ones) are part of the immune herd.

I am wondering why the opening gambit here must be kids from kindergarten and up a little, then a gap and then the kids ( 9 - 10 grade ) that have exams soon, and i also think the higher educational institutions open up too.
Partly to maintain the 2m distance, but mainly because many families will have 1 kid who goes to school and one that stays at home, the one that stays at home will get infected a week after the one that goes to school and so spread out the "curve" a bit, avoiding another sharp peak.
This opening is what are fracturing the Danish parliament, cuz these new open up measures have been more or less constructed by the current majority holders in the parliament and the other parties have had no say in it what so ever, so they feel steamrolled.
That is what happens when decisions need to be made at the correct time and you have proportional representation and coalition governments. Here, the opposition parties have been thanking Boris for providing good access to all the data and scientific advisors, even though with parliament currently closed they are being left out of everything, but they were powerless anyway with Boris having a huge majority.

No responsible adult would want to see a single child put to risk of death when it could be avoided.
And yet many adults with responsibility have been avoiding vaccinations which has resulted in deaths.

There are also risks to not having school; here there are a lot of children supposed to still be in school due to risk of domestic violence and other issues, and the authorities are really worried because something like 70% of them have gone missing, which may also result in some deaths and probably will result in some other serious issues.

Of course the virus can also get them at home, because although we have a lockdown, it is only enough to slow the spread, not stop it, so most children will end up getting the virus anyway, it is only a matter of when. We are flattening the curve, not preventing infection, in the end the virus will be stopped by herd immunity just as every other virus always has been, if herd immunity didn't work then there would be no people left, if you don't become immune then you die, that science is really simple!

On Tuesday, staff were told by a Home Office scientific adviser 80% of people would get Covid-19 in the end and "we can't hide away from it forever".

Last edited:
This has nothing to do with domestic violence or idiot parents who don't vaccinate their children. Those issues have no place in this discussion. The concept of intentionally using children to achieve a level of "herd immunity" by corralling them back into crowded schools while this disease is still prevalent is absurd and immoral.

If herd immunity were good, we wouldn't need to vaccinate against smallpox, polio, diphtheria, malaria, or any other disease where an antibody is the effective vaccinating agent because herd immunity would offer enough protection. Which it doesn't. At best it offers only a chance for enough survival for a species to not go extinct. As I've already mentioned, why not ask Boris Johnson what he now thinks about herd immunity- I'm certain he won't be the ardent supporter of the concept he once was. When the teeth you feel biting you in the butt are your own, you tend to learn quickly and very well. As we've clearly seen many have and have had this disease without knowing it so herd immunity is going to happen to some degree anyway, but it is a p-poor approach to saving lives or the world's Medical experts would be using that method. Which they aren't. According to everyone credible, we're going to have approximately the same number of cases whether we ignore things or whether we try to stretch the timeframe out so nothing will be different in a year's time whichever approach is used so it only makes sense to lessen the effects today as best we can.

And we don't need to involve children to do that- nor should we.

Phil

And things seems still very dicey when you think you have "immunity"
"...
Recovered coronavirus patients can have very low levels of antibodies in their system, researchers have found, in a discovery which could hamper the development of immunity tests.

A team from Fudan University in China analysed blood from 175 patients discharged from the Shanghai Public Health Clinical Centre and found that nearly a third had surprisingly few antibodies.

In 10 patients, antibodies could not be detected at all, which could also place them at greater risk of a secondary infection, the researchers warned. ...."

"...
Recovered coronavirus patients can have very low levels of antibodies in their system, researchers have found, in a discovery which could hamper the development of immunity tests.

A team from Fudan University in China analysed blood from 175 patients discharged from the Shanghai Public Health Clinical Centre and found that nearly a third had surprisingly few antibodies.

In 10 patients, antibodies could not be detected at all, which could also place them at greater risk of a secondary infection, the researchers warned. ...."

Yes, I brought that unsettling preliminary finding to everyone's attention just yesterday.

But hey Matt, recently you complained that @jokiin and I had both posted the same link you had already posted two days earlier and yet this is now at least the second time you've posted to the same stories I and other members recently have.

Personally, I don't think when well meaning members post interesting links to the same sources or information it is much of a big deal, but if you wouldn't mind, please don't complain about this when you yourself indulge in the very same activity , OK? Thanks. :)

"...
Note that you don't need antibodies to be immune, only for the antibody test to work.
To be immune, your immune system only needs to know how to produce the antibodies when it detects the virus.

Well, Sweden's death rate just spiked to 79 per million compared to the US at 49 per million. The UK is at 105 per million but that tally is still from yesterday so we'll need to wait several hours for today's numbers. Italy is at 302 per million. The number of fatalities per million is really the only solid metric that can be used to compare the impact of the disease on different nation's populations which is why that comparison is the only chart in the article. Time will tell, but there is a reason for skepticism about the approach Sweden is taking.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back