Custom Firmware Thread: *RELEASED* Ver 1.1.1aE [DR500GW-HD]

Re: Custom Firmware for DR500GW-HD | Higher bitrate | No sta

Mio said:
Video for comparison ;)
How does exposure (shade/sun)
bitrait - 15000000
lens beward - BL03618BIR-WF
exposure - AEC
Wow. That is so clear. No reflection ! How come your stamp show dr500-ca8739?

Last edited by a moderator:

Dscheng said:
How come your stamp show dr500-ca8739?
:lol: this is my number auto

Mio said:
Dscheng said:

Nice, never hurts to have more evidence the camera is actually from your specific car having the license plate number embedded into the video via stamp.

So question, did you replace the lens to reduce the fisheye/wide angle or to improve something else? I don't mind having the wide angle and would rather not have to struggle to replace it.

Will we get a similar clear image using v1.1 on 15k and the default blackvue lens?

Mio said:
Dscheng said:
Haha. How can I set as mine too?? I am still using 1.005. I guess 1.1 still in testing?

Will we get a similar clear image using v1.1 on 15k and the default blackvue lens?
yes ;)

Mio said:
yes ;)

Waiting desperately for this build. By when can we get our hands on this build?

still cant work out with this custom firmware what file we use for Brisbane, Australia time zone of +10

guys, is not so simple
Russian firmware is already there and already working
there are small nuances
trying to solve them, but it takes time
problem with night shooting
late at night, test badly

at me some with your forum took Russian firmware
let them write impressions

Mio, would you be so kind to send me the custom firmware please?

Thank you.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

Hi Guys,

Firstly, thanks Mio for the FW and the hard work.

Second, I've read through all the pages and I just dont understand what I'm supposed to do with the FW. I don't want to brick anything.

So, I'm currently on FW 1.005 from factory. What should I do with the 1.005E? Just copy the whole Blackvue folder and overwrite the one on my SD card, put back into unit and let it upgrade?

Thanks!

ABT4 said:
Hi Guys,

Firstly, thanks Mio for the FW and the hard work.

Second, I've read through all the pages and I just dont understand what I'm supposed to do with the FW. I don't want to brick anything.

So, I'm currently on FW 1.005 from factory. What should I do with the 1.005E? Just copy the whole Blackvue folder and overwrite the one on my SD card, put back into unit and let it upgrade?

Thanks!

I don't have a camera yet, but I'm pretty sure I'm going to by the DR500. I think we are supposed to follow this:
http://dashcamtalk.com/blackvue-dr500gw ... structions

The message Mio sent said we are only to upgrade things in a certain order or risk bricking. While not perfect instructions, I think using the above and below I can figure it out. Maybe we could have some clear step by step instructions though in the original post. This thread is getting rather long, and has little talk on how to actually upgrade your camera. So yeah start by sending a PM to Mio. I'm assuming he wants to keep track of people for future releases via email distribution list and that's why the download links aren't listed here.

Here are the instructions he sent minus the download links. (but 1.1 now in testing seems worth waiting for with AES)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

You can update
original 1.003, 1.005 -> 1.0.5ES
1.0.3cES -> 1.0.5ES
1.0.5ES -> original 1.003, 1.005, 1.0.3cES

It is important, only way
1.0.3aE -> 1.0.3сES

further variants
1.0.3cES -> 1.003 original
1.0.3cES -> 1.005 original (if speaks error 1 - Clean fleshcard and insert a blank)
1.005 original -> 1.0.3cES (change in file "version# FW 1.005 -> 1.003)
1.003 original -> 1.0.3cES
1.0.3cES -> 1.0.5S (afterwards)

Last edited by a moderator:

Yea, so according to Mios email, I should be able to go straight to the 1.005ES.

That part I understand, I'm still not sure about how to do that. Do I just copy over the folder?

Or going by your link I should be using a Windows PC and using the EXE under SOFTWARE folder to perform the upgrade.

I'm usually alright with these, but I tried reading the lengthy instructions included in the FW files and the translated terms are just confusing the heck out of me.

using the EXE
in custom firmware no exe files

you are upgrading just like original firmware
1. unpack the archive
2. copy on a flash drive card
3. at the root of flash cards should be
Code:
BlackVue
avserver.sh
4. fleshcart insert into the DVR
5. turn on the recorder
6. drink juice
7.used

M-Element said:
cheetos said:
The custom firmware's timezone is fixed to Moscow? I tried many times to change to America/Vancouver but it does not work. :( Any help, please? Thank you very much.

cheetos, did u change settings in the "Citytime" folder?
I changed mine to Vancover, and it seems working

Oh I see. I had "Pacific" in the "Citytime" folder. After I replaced it with "Vancouver" instead, the time is right. It works. Thank you very much. :D
Are you using 12Mbps or 15Mbps? I guess the summer of Vancouver should not be too much trouble?

I have been using 15000kbps the last 3 weeks with no issue here in the UK.

Marcus said:
I set the bitrate to 15000000. But the DVR can't work? Please advice how to set ?

Someone really needs to put together a step by step wiki or FAQ on how to upgrade the firmware and how to make the manual bitrate adjustments.
(maybe the OP can edit the first post with clear instructions for all)

Like I said I don't have my camera yet, so I can't experiment via trial and error just yet. (or I'd write up something)

Dscheng said:
Marcus said:
I set the bitrate to 15000000. But the DVR can't work? Please advice how to set ?

Hi Dscheng, i tried today, i just change the no. from BITRATE="12000000" to BITRATE="15000000" in avserver.sh
it works for me, and the video looks better running 15000 bitrate

As I see, Mio works on a new version of FW, 1.1, but it mainly focuses on picture quality. What about the sound quality and the microphone, because the sound quality is very bad. I and think everyone have same problem.

Avenger1 said:
What about the sound quality and the microphone, because the sound quality is very bad.
ask this question pitasoft :lol:
sound, we can not correct ;)

Back