Custom Firmware Thread: *RELEASED* Ver 1.1.1aE [DR500GW-HD]

Re: Custom Firmware for DR500GW-HD | Higher bitrate | No sta

Mio said:
Avenger1 said:
What about the sound quality and the microphone, because the sound quality is very bad.
ask this question pitasoft :lol:
sound, we can not correct ;)

everyone hopes, that the pittasoft will publish some FW with fixed sound quality, but this is a wish. So until this will come, everyone awaits, if you can find these sound things in that current FW and propably debug a new version with improved sound :)

to improve the sound, necessary completely remake the media server.
This requires the initial data, we do not have them
Therefore let engaged in pitasoft ;)

Marcus said:
Another quick clip with mine set to 15000kbps.

Wow Marcus that quality sure is nice once it's cranked up to 15000kbps. I'm glad you didn't crash into that van. (nice breaks)
The last thing that needs fixing is the automatic exposure correction. You can see your video jump dark at the end. I hope Mio is successful in enabling it for version 1.1. (without ruining night time performance)

Last edited by a moderator:

15000 bitrate looks sharp and smooth to me, but the auto exposure does jumping a bit up and down. :D
Thanks Mio for the hard work on the firmware.
Here is my 15000 sample

M-Element said:
15000 bitrate looks sharp and smooth to me, but the auto exposure does jumping a bit up and down. :D

Another excellent 15k example thanks M-Element. I thought 15k was all we needed to feel confident enough to buy this thing, but the jumping up and down from light exposure changes is terrible. :-/

Keep up the good work Mio! (We're all Iooking forward to a successful AEC implementation for 1.1)

Mio said:
Dscheng said:
How come your stamp show dr500-ca8739?
:lol: this is my number auto
Hi Mio, How can I edit the Stamp like your ( now just blank or original ).
tks.

Dear All,

I just receive the DR500 (x 3 :D) and nothing to say, good product, so easy to use. Just one bug with a product : the movie were jerky = i erase the SD card and copy/paste from another and its ok now.

Now, like you, i would like to change the Firmware :lol: , try higher bitrate ^^

So if someone can tell me how to do or send the FW ? I try to find the FW on the SD card but nothing, it is hide or something ?

Thanks,

Kiss

There is a lag in the update of the speed from GPS, I was actually doing 45mph at the time he pulled out and was already braking. HTH

Kiss said:
So if someone can tell me how to do or send the FW ? I try to find the FW on the SD card but nothing, it is hide or something ?
haven't you read this thread? I for one am sick of the number of times people have described how to update firmware.

Marcus said:
There is a lag in the update of the speed from GPS, I was actually doing 45mph at the time he pulled out and was already braking. HTH
im wondering if something like this one day will make an insurance company penalise an innocent person that has video evidence.

wozzzzza said:
Kiss said:
haven't you read this thread? I for one am sick of the number of times people have described how to update firmware.

I think people get long thread fatigue when we are on page 32 now, and the bits and pieces are somewhere in the middle. The original poster should edit their first post to have a short step by step paragraph. Mio isn't even the original poster is another thing.

Here is a suggestion Make a "Sticky" with the download link to the Firmware and the instructions on how to upgrade to it and post it in RED LETTERS at the head of the forum.

Then anyone posting wanting instructions can just be referred to the Sticky Every day the same question gets asked Dont they read anything.

When upgrades are made insert them into the sticky replacing the previous version.

Some of us read the threads from start to finish

Others want the work done for them Hells teeth they would get us to go and do the upgrade for them I think

If you are not competent enough to do it on your own from the provided instructions DONT DO IT

Sorry but some members spend a lot of time fixing this stuff and providing it free for your use The least you can do is find your own way through the threads.

It's not about reading or not. I read the whole thing. I just wanted clarification because some of the translated terms don't make sense.

In any case,

1. Get files from Mio.
2. Unzip.
3. Change timezone folder with correct file
4. Replace sd card content with unzipped files avserver and blackvue folder.
5. Insert sd card back into unit and it will say fw upgrade or something.

I'll double check the file names as I'm doing this on my phone right now.

Oh and I've loaded the new fw on it set to 12000. I really can't tell if its better. It should be, all the files are almost twice the size. But I can't see if it is better. Certainly not as clear as the samples posted here. Could be the night time video though. Will have to test some more.

All right i ask to Mio for some help. The fact is this thread is not very "clear" : some tests and flashback to another thing, original discussion, new question, personal request, ect ... An "How To" could be great like some people suggest or something for know at what level we are.

Kiss

ABT4 said:
It's not about reading or not. I read the whole thing. I just wanted clarification because some of the translated terms don't make sense.

In any case,

1. Get files from Mio.
2. Unzip.
3. Change timezone folder with correct file
4. Replace sd card content with unzipped files avserver and blackvue folder.
5. Insert sd card back into unit and it will say fw upgrade or something.

Yes but format the SD card before loading the new files to make it nice and clean

Hi Mio, I'd like to request the custom firmware from you. Thanks!

Hillbilly said:
Yes but format the SD card before loading the new files to make it nice and clean

Yea I just purchased a new 32gb card to test with. Should I format using the unit?

Back