Custom Firmware Thread: *RELEASED* Ver 1.1.1aE [DR500GW-HD]

Re: Custom Firmware for DR500GW-HD | Higher bitrate | No sta

In the original firmware
had a problem with the time zones
We found a way thus ;)

@mio

Thanks for the firmware. Works perfectly. :)

Hello all, this is my first post here,
but i was a leecher in the past two months. ;-)

I've bought on ebay a 16GB dr-500, and it works fine,
however i would like to try the custom firmware becouse the video quality can be better,
how just noticed here on the forum.
Mio i need your help! :)

At whom is custom firmware
WARNING
Do not update to the original 1,005
Get the "brick"

Hello I am a new member. I recently bought the BlackVue DR500GW-HD and a bit disappointed with the video quality. I tried searching the Russian forums but had a hard time registering and posting a message to get a copy of the higher bit rate firmware. How may I obtain a version of the English Firmware with 12000 bit rate ? Thanks and appreciate your help.

Wait for a new version and then send a private message to Mio.

enjoy,
Mtz

hi guys,

this is my first post in this nice forum and i want to thank all of you help me get more informations get my cam-setup perfect.

well, thx goes specially to MiO who sent me the custom-fw.

found 2 small things which does not work with my setup.

- first is man´s speech does not work while enabling and disabling WiFi
- second point is ap_11n=1 in connection with iPhone4s does not work for me - just black screen when i want to see a video on my phone, but works with ap_11n=0

well that´s not so bad but want to let you know ;)

c.u. mike

I have heard numerous reports that the N enable option does not work right. Myself included.

Is there any rumors of a new firmware version from the manufacturer ? I got a return authorization and getting ready to ship this back to the seller.

Is there an adapted firmware to get English on a Korean version.

I have loaded the English contents of an SD card and so have the English Blackvue viewer which allows me to have the setup pages in English but still has Korean voices

Would like full English if possible

Thanks

airbender said:
Is there any rumors of a new firmware version from the manufacturer ? I got a return authorization and getting ready to ship this back to the seller.
sure hope there is soon, the original firmware is apalling. dont know how they can sell these things with such crap imaging, the 400g is better.

Tried custom firmware. I updated with the default setting of 1080P and 12000000 in avserver.sh and installed. Everything looks fine. I then wanted to tweak and tried different settings including 720P_MAX, 15000000, 23000000. However for these combinations the firmware upgrade is successful but the recorder does not boot up at all after the upgrade. I then tried setting the default 1080P and 12000000 again and updated the firmware still the recorder is not coming up. I guess I am stuck.

avserver erase completely and boot without it

Mio,

I tried erasing the avserver.sh. Still no luck. The only resolution I am able to set is 1080P with 12000000, the default values. None of the other options work. There is still quite a bit of pixelation with 1080P and 12000000 bits per second. Is there a more stable version of the firmware you could PM me ? I would like to set the values to 720P and 15000000 bits per second.

I have now 1080 and 15000000
To deliver 720р, change in application BlackVue at 720
720p_MAX - does not work

Do you have any news about the new firmware?

enjoy,
Mtz

English firmware 1.005, unfortunately we do not.
can not make custom.
Was changed to 1.005 GPS work.
In some then no stable work GPS

Mio said:
I have now 1080 and 15000000
To deliver 720р, change in application BlackVue at 720
720p_MAX - does not work

that might be a chipset limitation perhaps, my camera is user selectable up to 15MB/sec but only 1080p will use that, if I set it to 720p it doesn't use that much bandwidth even if available, from memory it maxes out around 11MB/sec in 720p mode

Thanks Mio and others who helped with this. I tried setting 720P and 15000000 in avserver.sh then updated the firmware and deleted avserver.sh. I also set the config.ini to 720p option. The device reboots however the bit rate is only some 4500kbits per seconds. I am giving up. I just put everything in the original packaging and shipping it back. Hopefully when I get my $300 back I will look for better alternatives. This one was so close to my requirements yet did not work very well. I also had another strange problem. After a few minutes of recording the device kept restarting every 3 minutes. When I checked the Micro SD card it would have mp4 files but they were unreadable.

You put the hacked firmware on it, and you are now returning it? Please let me know how that goes!

Back