Custom G90 (A7LA30) Firmware r441MP - Higher VBR Bitrates - 12, 18, 24Mbps+ options.

Hello, i flashed the custom 18Mbps firmware, all seems well so far. Amazing what a '14 dashcam can do compared to a '11 camcorder that cost 3x the price.

One of the best low light performers for ~ US $1000 ( any better? ) ...

One of the best low light performers for ~ US $1000 ( any better? ) ...

$1000 is more like 14x the price, looks gorgeous, though I'd rather not leave one on the dashboard :)

Here are a couple of clips, had to remux to mkv but audio and video are not reencoded. First link has HDR on.
http://pc.cd/D7M

One duck did a forbidden maneuver but i couldn't make out a plate.

Hi,is there any way to use g90(A7LA30) as a web camera?

I don't think so - it was in some of the original specs but you only ever see a USB Storage class device when the G90 is connected up. I've been through various button combos and only the left or right buttons put it into Ambarella dev board mode for reprogramming.

Guess you are right.
I tried the highest bitrate firmware,there is just a little improvement but the size was huge.
Now with 18kbps video is almost same but sound is still very bad!
BTW I think 720 60fps looks better than 1080 30fps HDR!

I never spend much time in that mode to be honest - I've testing out 1080p in 45fps and 60fps on a few cameras here now and the faster frame rate is good for number plate reading and stuff like that for sure.

Thanks for the fast reply.Can you make another custom firmware with 1080p in 45fps and 60fps?
And if it is possible to keep the bitrate around 10000 kbps

Last edited:
The A7LA30 can't handle 45 or 60fps unfortunately - the A7LA50 tops out at 1080p 45fps which you'll see with the Mini0806 - most cameras with that only offer 1080p 30fps as well as the higher resolutions and the A7LA70 tops out at 1080p 60fps.

Hi reverend,is it possible to change the mic with higher quality one?

I would imagine so - unfortunately I'm not much good with a soldering iron but it's worth a go if you are!

It did get better in newer software versions so maybe if you're not on the latest try that and see if it improves?

I'm using 18mbs firmware you have made.
Mic is in a good place for replacing,I was curious and opened my device

Just looking through and updating everything. I have my A7LA30 BL950 running the 18MB r441MP.
Is this still the most new for the A7LA30 version?

Any elf version to suit would be fine just to get it running, even blank flash can be loaded

Hi, I was wondering what you meant by this? I am trying to recover a bricked Papago gs520, and dont have an elf file for it, only have the bin. I tried to directUSB the elf from the G90 onto and it and did transfer fine, and boots up with the G90 startup image, but turns off immediately. It even goes into USB drive mode with the G90 .elf. I placed the original firmware.bin for the gs520 on the SD card, and I can start the camera, and it asks to load the firmware, but since the .elf was from a G90, the buttons do not work, and I cannot select "yes" to load the Gs520 firmware. So I am looking for a different .elf to flash on it, or maybe make a .elf file from the original .BIN firmware that I have.

Hi, I was wondering what you meant by this? I am trying to recover a bricked Papago gs520, and dont have an elf file for it, only have the bin. I tried to directUSB the elf from the G90 onto and it and did transfer fine, and boots up with the G90 startup image, but turns off immediately. It even goes into USB drive mode with the G90 .elf. I placed the original firmware.bin for the gs520 on the SD card, and I can start the camera, and it asks to load the firmware, but since the .elf was from a G90, the buttons do not work, and I cannot select "yes" to load the Gs520 firmware. So I am looking for a different .elf to flash on it, or maybe make a .elf file from the original .BIN firmware that I have.

you need an elf from the same camera, version doesn't matter, one from a completely different camera is never likely to work unless it was the from the same PCB design house and they were similar enough in hardware spec

The board design of the GS520 is very similar to the pictures i've seen of the G90. But its got the A7LA50 chip which is used in the G90A. I cannot find firmware for the G90A anywhere... anyone have a firmware elf for a A7LA50 (G90A) ? I was only able to find ones for A7LA30 (G90) and A7LA90 (G90C).

Picture of the GS520 board:
x6a06fZ.jpg

HNUE9rU.jpg

Last edited:
I was able to get it to Resolved. When I first tried forcing a firmware upgrade in the device with the G90 elf loaded, it wouldnt take my firmware.bin. It seemed like it was only taking it halfway then getting stuck, because when I turned it on afterwards, the original boot sound would come but then it would shut off immediately showing nothing on the screen.

So instead I DirectUSB flashed it with an 0803 elf. With the 0803 elf, the camera would turn on and just show a white screen then turn off. So, I put the firmware.bin and the autoexec.ash on the sdcard as Mandami suggested. Powered on the camera and it initially just showed a white screen, then a blank screen for a couple of minutes. After about 5 minutes of nothing happening, i decided to press reset button, and it seemed to have taken the original gs520 firmware. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I was able to get it to Resolved. When I first tried forcing a firmware upgrade in the device with the G90 elf loaded, it wouldnt take my firmware.bin. It seemed like it was only taking it halfway then getting stuck, because when I turned it on afterwards, the original boot sound would come but then it would shut off immediately showing nothing on the screen.

So instead I DirectUSB flashed it with an 0803 elf. With the 0803 elf, the camera would turn on and just show a white screen then turn off. So, I put the firmware.bin and the autoexec.ash on the sdcard as Mandami suggested. Powered on the camera and it initially just showed a white screen, then a blank screen for a couple of minutes. After about 5 minutes of nothing happening, i decided to press reset button, and it seemed to have taken the original gs520 firmware. :)

What combination of buttons did you have to push to get the GS520 in DirectUSB mode? Which 0803 elf did you use? I see two of them. I'm trying to find the autoexec.ash file, and I found a few but I'm not sure which one to use.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back