Custom G90 (A7LA30) Firmware r441MP - Higher VBR Bitrates - 12, 18, 24Mbps+ options.

It looks as if your early (first batch?) G90 ought be using r328MP to help with the sound quality...
Links to the original FW versions r328MP & r 441MP can to be found in the following two posts from @Doreen :-

For 2nd batch only?
Hmm... should work with 1st batch as well as the hardware is no different.
I think reverend tried r441mp on the 1st batch G90.
I'll give it a try.

Last edited:
I downgraded to r328 last night and drove for over 3 hours to a friends place.
It didn't record anything after the upgrade even though the recording red light was blinking.
Very weird.
Looks like after every firmware change, the card needs to be formatted because same thing happened when I upgraded to custom firmware last week.
Need to make a habit of formatting sd card after each firmware change.
Luckily nothing happened and I was hoping to check night footage.
Now I have to drive at night again. :rolleyes:

I upgraded to R441MP today and so far it's working great.
Audio quality is really better now.
Bass heavy sounds/songs still distort but vocals are way better and much easier to understand.
Constant zitter/vibration in audio is pretty much gone.
All who have G90 1st batch need to try the R441MP firmware even though it's released for 2nd batch of G90.
Hopefully, it'll work without any hiccups.
Will have to test how night time video comes out but should be fine.

Here is link to the firmware from Doreen's post:
https://www.sendspace.com/file/qkb536

Last edited:
Thanks Sunny for info, R441MP helped sound a lot, not cured totally but sure it is better.

I'm not having any firmware based issues it does not seem.
However I have been having some heat issues witch I have talked to GearBest about.
The camera runs okay for awhile, and then all of a sudden while I am in having lunch or at the store and come back to the car after about 30 mins or so the camera is
extremely hot to the touch and does not respond to any button presses.

So far it has happened twice. The blue light is lit, but other then that the camera is unresponsive. I have to unplug it and let it cool down for a few hours. Then it will come back to life.

It has happened once on the stock firmware I believe and once on your Lean 18.

I record in one min clips and it takes up 140MB a clip. Things look good when the camera does not over heat.

I think the depleted battery takes about 10 minutes to charge up to capacity. The charger switch might not have gone off when the battery was fully charged. Guess where the heat came from!

That's a good point - I had my car with one of those parking companies and the video of the time it was there was corrupt on the G90 - when I checked out the same time on the GT680W they literally drive the cars around the back of their car park and cram them in like sardines but this meant the cam was only on for two or three mins so as the battery was dead it just corrupted those files as it couldn't save them in time before the camera went dead!

I need to have another play with the timings as 15 seconds is a bit long for my camera!

I need to have another play with the timings as 15 seconds is a bit long for my camera!

Yes, maybe 5 seconds like in z7 is better.
Last time, I turned the screen on of G90 before I turned off the car.
Low battery warning came on before the 15 seconds.
However, next time when I started the car, it asked to "Recover movies? " so it can get back corrupted file.

All who have G90 1st batch need to try the R441MP firmware even though it's released for 2nd batch of G90.
Flashed my BL950
Thanks. I'll play around with the stock one for awhile and switch back.

Hello. My DVR has a G90 chip ambarella A7SL30 (so says the seller). Whether it is suitable for firmware from the theme?

Hello. My DVR has a G90 chip ambarella A7SL30 (so says the seller). Whether it is suitable for firmware from the theme?
Hi, do you have a link to the actual camera you have please or a picture? Can you please check the version you are running on the camera now?

This firmware is only suitable for the Dome G90 and will probably not function on other manufacturers items?

Its my DVR. G90. Version: SVN r93MP

Attachments

• 20141007210217.jpg
    20141007210217.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 11
  • 20141007210121.jpg
    20141007210121.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 11
  • 20141007210022.jpg
    20141007210022.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 12
Ah yes that should work fine - mine started life as r93MP too and is ok on r441MP :)

Hello world, before trying out firmwares I tried to backup mine, following the instructions somewhere in the forum I always had an empty backup file. Eventually I figured that since cam goes in autorecord when powered up (did not find any option to disable it) I just had to give myself a little time to disable it.
So this is the autoexec.ash that worked for me:

sleep 10
firmfl gen 6 bst bld hal pri rom dsp backup.bin
mv autoexec.ash done.ash

so you have 10 seconds after power up to stop automatic recording.

The resulting backup is 26mb, loads in a7tool, and lets me build it. The cam reports version trunkSVN429M. I will let you know how things proceed when I have more time to experiment.

Edit, it's a A7LA30, as per forum topic.

Hey, I mean I had problem with the saved firmware!!! I flashed it back and it has semi bricked again with USB power on.

I wouldn't really worry about a backup of r429 with the issues with reflashing the saved copy - there are updated versions available that seem fine.

I think at the minute r441MP was the latest version for the a7la30 version - there are newer versions for the higher end versions of the camera.

If you ever do get stuck and want a specific version Dome should be able to supply.

Hello, i flashed the custom 18Mbps firmware, all seems well so far. Amazing what a '14 dashcam can do compared to a '11 camcorder that cost 3x the price.

Glad it worked fine for you - I totally agree and it's amazing how quick this technology is moving on.

The G90 is a very nice camera and even better in it's a7la70d form - probably needs adding to the front page to be honest as it's missing - one for @DashCamMan when he gets chance :)

Back