Dash-cam TV series needs your clips!

DeadlyDriversTV

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all!

THE WORLD’S DEADLIEST DRIVERS – NEW TV SHOW NEEDS YOUR CLIPS!

This exciting new series sees dash-cam, head-cam and smart phone footage from across the globe used to expose the hilarious, outrageous and hazardous escapades of The World’s Deadliest Drivers.

Dash-cams are now regularly capturing the craziest characters out on our streets – and we want YOUR footage to bring these reckless road users to global notoriety.

Got an amazing, shocking, hilarious or downright outrageous bit of road footage the world just needs to see? WE’LL PAY CASH FOR YOUR CLIPS!! Email us on twdd@back2back.tv with your contact details and one of the team will be in touch.

Twitter: @DeadlyDriversTV
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DeadlyDriversTV/

Thanks for reading :)
(Post signed off by admin)

Get in touch with Matt stockdale, He's an expert on world's stupidest drivers.
He's also an ex police crime commissioner (candidate), ex-police officer (special), business guru and champion skeet shooter.
I suspect he could give you enough to fill a whole episode!

Get in touch with Matt stockdale, He's an expert on world's stupidest drivers.
He's also an ex police crime commissioner (candidate), ex-police officer (special), business guru and champion skeet shooter.
I suspect he could give you enough to fill a whole episode!
A Canadian "Dash Cam" show contacted me a long time ago and wanted a clip. They asked how much I wanted for payment, I told them $300 one time use, which means they get to publish it for use in one episode and I get know royalties. It can be run as many times as they want. I believe that is reasonable since the clip is only a few seconds and the work is already done for them. I never heard back.

A Canadian "Dash Cam" show contacted me a long time ago and wanted a clip. They asked how much I wanted for payment, I told them $300 one time use, which means they get to publish it for use in one episode and I get know royalties. It can be run as many times as they want. I believe that is reasonable since the clip is only a few seconds and the work is already done for them. I never heard back.
Hi Tim, it's a shame they didn't get back to you - that's pretty bad form! I'm intrigued... do you have a youtube site where I can view your clips? Cheers

we have them in Australia as well, they take a bunch of stuff that's already on YouTube, make some stories to go with it and stretch things out and show it to people that don't know how to use YouTube

same here, though most tend to use police dashcam footage, since not many regular citizens have them yet. but yeah, they embellish them with fake tire/engine/siren noises, play the same clips 43,000 times, and edit them to try to make them more dramatic than they are. and of course, use like 5 actual incidents to fill a typical 30 minute (actually 20 minutes plus commercials) show.

shows like that are why i don't watch much TV anymore. if i could convince my wife to stop watching HGTV, we could probably ditch cable and just use netflix/amazon/OTA.

same here, though most tend to use police dashcam footage, since not many regular citizens have them yet. but yeah, they embellish them with fake tire/engine/siren noises, play the same clips 43,000 times, and edit them to try to make them more dramatic than they are. and of course, use like 5 actual incidents to fill a typical 30 minute (actually 20 minutes plus commercials) show.
For a moment there I thought you were referring to the evening news :D

Hi Tim, it's a shame they didn't get back to you - that's pretty bad form! I'm intrigued... do you have a youtube site where I can view your clips? Cheers
All of my clips are here. Most of my DC videos are unlisted on YT because my subscribers are there for my railroad videos.
Tim

Do you have a fix fee or do you pay what the contributers ask?

We will have our own rates and we can scale it depending on how many clips you have.

If you have some that we might be able to use then let us know!

We are also interested in any footage that has a bit of a story and clips where we could potentially interview the people involved.

If anyone has any footage they would like to send us, please get in touch via twdd@back2back.tv.

We are paying cash for clips used in the series and have 13 episodes to fill so there's a good chance of getting your clip in!

Appreciate all of the comments so far so thank you.

We will have our own rates and we can scale it depending on how many clips you have.

the odds of one person having multiple clips of what would classify as the 'world's deadliest drivers' would be somewhat slim I would think

If you have some that we might be able to use then let us know!
Well, it's not up to me to tell you what you can use or not. Go check my videos and see for yourself if there's anything there that serves your purposes.

the odds of one person having multiple clips of what would classify as the 'world's deadliest drivers' would be somewhat slim I would think

Whilst that statement is correct, I believe searching for compilations would be the easier thing to do -- as the person uploading the videos has handpicked clip(s) to compile.

You should check out my channel. I have uploaded a bunch of videos that you probably might or might not like. The credits to the original clip(s) in the video are given in the description, if you like a certain clip you should get in touch with the original uploader of said clip. I'm pretty sure they would be happy to get paid for their clips and be a part of some TV show.

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheSpydar/videos

Best of luck in your quest,
String

Last edited:
problem with compilations is the greater majority of them don't credit the copyright holder

Yeah the original source can be quite hard to distinguish between at times. That's why I don't upload a video if I can't find one -- even though there are plenty of good clips that remain anonymous. In my five videos there is approximately 160 credits. I would recommend visiting a channel called "DashCamNetwork" on YouTube (UCa5i-6mbV9093Lp5waGzcBQ) he includes credit with all of his videos. He has over 200 videos as well, some which include good footage. I don't want to make it sound like I am advertising for myself or other people, I haven't read the T.O.S yet but I guess there is some rule against it. Just trying to pitch in for the OP.

Last edited:
I admire the notion to pay royalties!

while the footage may be interesting I'd guess not a whole lot would qualify as the worlds deadliest drivers as the title they're proposing would imply
Oh I agree. Only a few close calls in my comps, and the one crash I have hardly qualifies as deadly unless you count my mirror and door as being deaddead, which they are... Mirror went flying across intersection never to be seen again and door had to be replaced as it was too far gone to repair... Lol

Back