Dashcam Viewer for Mac and Windows

The screen in my dashcam viewer is black. The time in my dashcam and in my pc are right. The GPS position shown on maps is right . I just can"t play the movie The date on the dashboard i the viewer is tomorrows date. in the manual page 5 it states it is important that the time and timezone is set right in the dashcam How do i set it in the dashboard in dashcam viewer?

Sorry for the trouble. You have an A119, correct? The timezone setting should be somewhere in your A119's settings. Regarding the black window, some Windows PCs show a black screen with Dashcam Viewer when playing movies greater than 1080p resolution. Please try reducing the resolution in your A119's settings to 1080p and see if this works.

I cant get the dash cam viewer to work I am in Mountain time - 7 The "auto fix time offset" set the time at - 7:00:04 A119 The resolution is set to 1080P all the clocks are on the right time
I have been screwing around so much. Can I be over my limit of 5. I really like dash cam viewer, watching the tutorials but I was not going to buy it before I got it working. If $25 would fix my proplems I will bite the bullet

the free version is limited to 5 files at a time, not 5 in total, must be something else amiss, codec problem maybe

@ole1640 It's strange that the movies aren't playing. Can you send me samples from your dashcam? See FAQ question #1. And jokiin is correct that the free version is full-featured but will only up to 5 movies at once.

I am seeing an issue loading google maps. It loads at first and works for about 5 seconds and then stops and says this: "This page didn't load Google Maps correctly. See the JavaScript console for technical details." Any idea what could be causing it? I am using Windows 10.

I am seeing an issue loading google maps. It loads at first and works for about 5 seconds and then stops and says this: "This page didn't load Google Maps correctly. See the JavaScript console for technical details." Any idea what could be causing it? I am using Windows 10.

Yep, the problem is that Google is now requiring the use of a "key" to use their Maps API. I've already addressed this in the development version Dashcam Viewer. Expect a fix in the next version (2.5.9), in addition to some other enhancements requested by users on this forum. :)

Dashcam Viewer v2.5.9 Released for Mac and Windows

Dashcam Viewer v2.5.9 is now available from our website. This version adds a number of new features and bug fixes listed below. The new features include the ability to export a GPX file for each movie, as well as a GPX movie for the entire route. Also, version 2.5.9 enhances the movie clip export capability, which was requested by @Street Guardian USA and others:
movie_export1.jpg
New Features:
  • You now have the option to export individual GPX files for each movie, as well as a single large GPX file for the entire route.
  • Improved the Export Movie Clip feature to support arbitrary entry of start time, stop time, and duration.
  • Added support for embedded GPS data format of MINI 0826 dashcam.
  • Verified compatibility with the Kaisser Baas R20 (Mac version only)
  • Improved the default window layout when DV is first run. Note that that the recommended screen resolution is 1600x1200 or larger.
Bug Fixes:
  • [Windows version] Fixed clipping issue of date/time stamp in the Main Window.
  • [Windows version] Fixed text clipping issue in Movies and Geotags window.
  • Improved default window positions when running on low-res monitors. Previously it was possible that windows could appear offscreen (this happened on Windows only)
  • Fixed Map display error where a message similar to "Oops. This page didn't load correctly" appeared in the window.
  • [Mac version] Added information on how to play a 2nd channel movie by itself. This could have led to a crash previously.

Dashcam Viewer is available for Mac OS X and Windows (64-bit and 32-bit). Give it a try!

Download the free version from our website.

- John
http://dashcamviewer.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/dashcamviewer

Last edited:
Dashcamviewer works well and delighted with the features. However a more compact version or ability to resize the screens for laptop use would be great. Happily pay for a compact/ability to resize and auto organise screens to suit laptop screen size.

Can't resize windows in DCV 2.5.9 (64bit) small enough to not have a great deal of overlap with the windows. Running Win10 64 bit, screen resolution 1366 X 768 on my Toshiba laptop. Any suggestions?

Larger screen resolutions are recommended. You could try closing the Movies and Geotags window to save some real estate. I agree that the ability to organize the windows at the click of a button would be a good thing to have. Will add it to the job jar.

Do we have option to exclude beginning of each file by small amounts (ms) to avoid the overlapping some cameras do when going to the next file?

Exactly what i had in mind, i am using the free version but i don't think that feature exists.
If it did, it would be an insta-buy for me. Nothing beats properly merging video files from within the dashcam software.

Dashcam Viewer v2.6.1 Released for Mac and Windows

Dashcam Viewer
v2.6.1 has just been release. This version adds a number of new features, including the ability to skip the first few seconds of each movie as requested by @antonispgs and @Street Guardian USA . A complete list is below:

New Features:
  • Users can now ignore (skip) the first few seconds of each movie to support dashcams whose consecutive movies overlap. The skip amount is set in the Preferences window. ToDo: apply the skip value to the "merge videos" feature.
  • Improved accuracy of frame-by-frame mode for movies with non-30 fps frame rates (thanks, Dean, for pointing this out).
  • Added ability to swap the front and rear movies in the main display by tapping the 'r' key. (thanks, Mick T., for the suggestion). ToDo: add toolbar button to initiate the swap.
  • [Mac version] Added support for Vantrue N2 dual-channel dashcam (special thanks to Ken C.)
  • Added altitude for iON Adventure Cam and iON DashCam WiFi
  • Added support for NanoQ903, latest firmware (Special thanks Stefan G.)
  • Movie framerate is now displayed in the Main Window movie info box
Bug Fixes:
  • Fixed bug that would fail to load GPS data if a .txt file was in the movie directory.
Download the free version from our website.

- John
http://dashcamviewer.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/dashcamviewer

Have a user reported that his AV is blocking it, he's going to send us a screenshot of the message, will forward it to you when I get it

Back