Dashcam Viewer for Mac and Windows

@NZDashcam, I'm not even sure how to do that.o_O The plan is to use the video file as the input source. The result will be a small movie(s) file of a duration you specify that begins at the current cursor position. Keeping it simple.

Good news! Dashcam Viewer v1.7.0 adds the ability to export a portion of the currently playing video to a separate movie file.

When the Export Clip button is clicked you will be asked to enter the duration of the clip in seconds. You will then be able to select a folder for the output file. Dashcam Viewer will create the clip, starting at the current movie position, in the desired folder with an auto-generated filename derived from original movie name. No re-compression of the video is performed so that movie details are preserved. Works on Mac and Windows version.

- John
http://dashcamviewer.com

The moment PiP is available on Windows consider me a new customer... The feature set on this software is great!

Hey everyone, we just released version 1.7.3 of Dashcam Viewer for Mac and Windows.

New Features:
  • Added support for Falcon Zero F170HD dashcam
  • Added support for Street Guardian SGZC12SG, SG9665GC dashcams (possibly other models as well)
  • Added option to check for updates upon startup (Preferences)
dcv1.jpg

Thanks,

- John

Hot off the press. Version 1.7.4 of Dashcam Viewer is now out with the following enhancements:

New Features:
  • G-Force and Extended GPS widgets in Data view and Graph view will now be hidden if the dashcam model does not support these features.
  • Moved Google/Bing map preference to the Map window instead of the Preferences window.
  • Added a "paste" button in the Registration window to make entering the registration code easier.
Bug Fixes:
  • Fixed bug that would crash DCV when loading 500+MB files from the F170HD dashcam.
  • DCV will now process large movie files produced by Street Guardian SGZC12SG and Panorama 2 dashcams.
dcv_v1.7.4.jpg

Thanks,
John
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dashcam-Viewer/636794673041076

Is PiP for Windows available yet?

No, mcaf123, I'm afraid that's a ways out.

Hi John, how are you?

I've just tried this on a Windows 10 machine and after a few seconds of video it just disappears to a black screen.

It could be an MS or driver issue to be honest with the EVC overlay and Registrator Viewer suffers random glitches too.

Is there anyway to fallback to a different overlay method in Dashcam Viewer please on Windows as that may fix that particular problem?

reverend, I have not tested on a Win10 machine so I can't say for sure what's going on. However, a newer version of the GUI library is available and when I switch to that version perhaps these issues will go away. Some of the low-level behavior (such as video decompression, hardware acceleration, etc) is beyond my control.

Hi folks. Just released version 1.7.6 of Dashcam Viewer. Here's what's changed:

New Features:
  • Added new "Click To Go" mode in Map view. With this mode enabled clicking in the map will make the movie jump to the time when the vehicle was at that position. Currently this is a Mac-version only feature. Working on Windows implementation. Thanks to Thomas D. for this suggestion.
  • Added support for DJI Phantom 3 (best performance with 1080p movies).
  • Added support for Navicam NC1000W (works on Windows and some but not all Macs)

Bug Fixes:
  • Google Map mode in Map window should now work properly. Some people reported the Map would be entirely black when “Google” was selected. Hopefully this is fixed.
  • Fixed bug in which Altitude graph contents looked squished until window was resized.

Just released Dashcam Viewer v1.7.7 for Macintosh and Windows. This version adds the following new features:

New Features:
  • Added support for Transcend DrivePro 220
  • [Windows version] Dashcam Viewer is now a 64-bit application for improved performance. The improvements should reduce or eliminate video playback stuttering reported on some PCs. The 64-bit Dashcam Viewer now requires a 64-bit version of Win7 or Win8 to run.
  • [Windows version] Dashcam Viewer is now installed using a setup.exe installer that adds a desktop icon and entry in the Start menu.
Thanks,
John

Hi Folks,

Just posted another update. Dashcam Viewer 1.7.8 adds the following:

New Features:
  • You can now autoscale the data in the Speed, Distance, Altitude, HDOP, and Sats in View plots by clicking the Autoscale button in the top left of the Graph view. Thanks to customer Daniel M. for this suggestion.
    dcv_autoscale.jpg

• Increased viewing area of Main Window by reducing unused space
Bug Fixes:
  • Fixed minor issue in which the Main Window would show a bogus date if no data was loaded and user clicked tabs in the Graph Window.
  • [BlackVue DRx50GW-2CH] Fixed bug that would not show GPS data if user tried to play individual front channel movies.
Thanks,
John

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dashcam-Viewer/636794673041076

Back