Dashcam Viewer for Mac and Windows

From the FAQ section in the manual:
The “No GPS Data” error message will be shown if Dashcam Viewer cannot find a corresponding GPS log file for the currently playing video. If this happens the speed, latitude, longitude, etc, readouts will indicate 0. It can also happen if the first video file loaded has no GPS data associated with it. Try removing the first video file from the folder and reloading the folder. Although infrequent, this can happen under normal dashcam operation.
Can you try the highlighted part?
Of, from the website:
2) Are there any error messages displayed? Do you see any data traces in the Graphs window?

3) Make sure your dashcam’s internal clock is set to the correct timezone and correct time. DCV relies on the correct timestamp of the movies to sync with the GPS data files. The GPS, your computer, and the dashcam should all have the correct time.

4) If that doesn’t work, send me a clone of your SD card that contains about 3 movies on it and I will try to diagnose the problem. It’s important that you send me an image of the SD card such that the file and folder structure is preserved. The structure should look something like that below. You can send me a zip of the SD card via https://wetransfer.com using my email address as the destination.

Viofo A229 Pro 3CH is not included in Dashcam Viewer's Compatible Models List.

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    271.2 KB · Views: 1
I tested the videos on the micro SD card with the telemetry overlay program. Read GPS data.

Attachments

• 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    267.2 KB · Views: 9
:confused: Odd.You have the V1.2_240227 on the front camera?
Otherwise the only option I think remains is contacting the developer:

:confused: Odd.You have the V1.2_240227 on the front camera?
Otherwise the only option I think remains is contacting the developer:
The Camera Dealer wrote a message to the camera developer on my behalf. I also sent a message to the software developers on the Dashcam Viewer site.

The Camera Dealer wrote a message to the camera developer on my behalf. I also sent a message to the software developers on the Dashcam Viewer site.
Okay, please keep us posted. I'd love to know what the issue is as it seems to work for my cam, but not for yours. Maybe it has something to do with the file length. Mine are 1 minutes, yours 10. Could be a Viofo thing, not writing the GPS data in 10 min files...

Okay, please keep us posted. I'd love to know what the issue is as it seems to work for my cam, but not for yours. Maybe it has something to do with the file length. Mine are 1 minutes, yours 10. Could be a Viofo thing, not writing the GPS data in 10 min files...
I checked this with my Dashcam Viewer Plus 3.9.7 installation. I have an A229 Pro 2-channel (front/rear) with v1.2._240227 front / v1.0_231207 rear firmware installed and the GPS mode is enabled in the settings. Dashcam Viewer did not display any speed or location data for a 3 hour driving route from last Friday (with various parking mode sessions during that time) nor from a shorter trip from this past Tuesday. You can see the video has the speed displayed so a GPS signal lock was obtained by the A229 Pro GPS module.

1713543979865.png

I then tried opening one video file from the Tuesday trip and it did display the map and speed info for that 1-minute portion of the trip.

1713544362747.png

And the file size was 1 minute in both cases, so that doesn't seem to be the problem. Hope Dashcam Viewer support finds something as I was about to buy the application.

I checked this with my Dashcam Viewer Plus 3.9.7 installation. I have an A229 Pro 2-channel (front/rear) with v1.2._240227 front / v1.0_231207 rear firmware installed and the GPS mode is enabled in the settings. Dashcam Viewer did not display any speed or location data for a 3 hour driving route from last Friday (with various parking mode sessions during that time) nor from a shorter trip from this past Tuesday. You can see the video has the speed displayed so a GPS signal lock was obtained by the A229 Pro GPS module.

View attachment 71948

I then tried opening one video file from the Tuesday trip and it did display the map and speed info for that 1-minute portion of the trip.

View attachment 71949
That seems like it may be confirmation that the GPS data is missing from the first file (or beginning of the first file as is quite common until a lock is obtained) per the FAQ.

It can also happen if the first video file loaded has no GPS data associated with it.

FYI: Just tested my footage from A119V3 under 3.9.7 and the map is fine

Using a A229 Pro with 2x channels enabled Dashcam Viewer is not reading the GPS data.
GPS information is in the file as it displays the speed.
It didn't recognise the other 2x videos eg internal and rear.
Firmware version 231106.
I'll try with a later version of firmware soon.

@traveler Is the A229 Pro supported? Thanks.

I set the Viofo A229 Pro recording time to 1 minute. When you do this, Dashcam Player displays both the map and GPS data. It now works perfectly on 1 minute videos. The problem is with 10 minute videos. Thank you very much for your help.

Good to hear this works for you, for now at least. The question is, for how long as rcg530 has the same issue you had, with 1m files :unsure: .
Would be nice if the program could cope with (initial) files without GPS data and keep looking for it in files that follow...

Note that the A229 Pro still has a limitation of 5000 files. It won't be able to fully utilize the total capacity of a 512GB microSD card, unless you use files that hold more than 1 minute of data.

Looks like the 1m samples I have from my A229 Pro can be processed with ExifTool.
exiftool -ee <filename> will show the GPS data, if available.

Using a A229 Pro with 2x channels enabled Dashcam Viewer is not reading the GPS data.
GPS information is in the file as it displays the speed.
It didn't recognise the other 2x videos eg internal and rear.
Firmware version 231106.
I'll try with a later version of firmware soon.

@traveler Is the A229 Pro supported? Thanks.
As I said in the previous post I would check with a later version of the firmware.

Dashcam Viewer is working correctly with Viofo firmware version 1.2240227

I can only guess that
1. Ix minute files from my previous test may have something to do with it.
2. Updating the firmware may have resolved the issue but I am also running 3 minute recordings now.

Good to hear this works for you, for now at least. The question is, for how long as rcg530 has the same issue you had, with 1m files :unsure: .
Would be nice if the program could cope with (initial) files without GPS data and keep looking for it in files that follow...

Note that the A229 Pro still has a limitation of 5000 files. It won't be able to fully utilize the total capacity of a 512GB microSD card, unless you use files that hold more than 1 minute of data.
The limitation of 5000 files has been added up to 15000 files by the next firmware.

The limitation of 5000 files has been added up to 15000 files by the next firmware.
Viofo doing what it does very well - listen and consider the request. Nice work Viofo.

Great to see but I doubt many users will ever use that limit as I worked out the files had to be about 32MB to become a problem which would only happen when the vehicle is in parking mode for ages.

Back