Ddpai m6 plus

I'm new at this, so I could be wrong, but it's been my experience that the only things in the Album are the jpegs and mp4s recorded when you hit the emergency button. I don't download the videos to my phone, because it doesn't have that kind of space available. I put the SD card in my computer and manage the files from there.

I initially used the Android app and it appears the Android version of the app is missing the crop function. I tested the app on my iPhone and I'm able to select a time range to download the footage to my iPhone. It appears the iPhone app is more robust as compared to the Android version. That's a shame, my main phone and my tablet are both Android.

Last edited:
I just received my DDpai M6+ a few days ago but I'm having an issue downloading the M6+ videos to my phone and/or tablet. The file list in the DDpai app shows up as empty but there are video files on the microSD card. When I click on albums -> gallery, it says "There is no downloaded file". I have "Auto download the captured files" in settings turned on. I tried turning this option off and manually pressing the download button under file list but nothing downloads. Any idea what's wrong?

I initially used the Android app and it appears the Android version of the app is missing the crop function. I tested the app on my iPhone and I'm able to select a time range to download the footage to my iPhone. It appears the iPhone app is more robust as compared to the Android version. That's a shame, my main phone and my tablet are both Android.

To download in Android, you need to expand the live view. Then go to landscape mode on your phone. Tap once, and you should see a menu on the left. Tap the "Scissors" button, which then lets you manipulate what to download. Techmoan's video shows that part at time index 22:35

There's two things I still don't understand. Where is the crop button and what is it for? I've never seen that. And how do you review existing videos on the app? I haven't figured that out either.

Same process as above to review clips on the phone. The "scissors" icon gets you to that crop screen. Best not to think of it as files, but time periods you can review. In Techmoan's video at 22:35 - the top part is for scrolling through time periods. Watch the time change as you flick through the images. If you want to view it, just tap on the image and play will start from that point.

To download in Android, you need to expand the live view. Then go to landscape mode on your phone. Tap once, and you should see a menu on the left. Tap the "Scissors" button, which then lets you manipulate what to download. Techmoan's video shows that part at time index 22:35

Thanks Yooshaw! Awesome it works!

Weird placement tho. It's way more intuitive on the iPhone.

Same process as above to review clips on the phone. The "scissors" icon gets you to that crop screen. Best not to think of it as files, but time periods you can review. In Techmoan's video at 22:35 - the top part is for scrolling through time periods. Watch the time change as you flick through the images. If you want to view it, just tap on the image and play will start from that point.
I just tested this. I tapped on the live preview. That revealed several icons on the left of the screen, including the scissors. I tapped on the scissors. I got the view that Techmoan showed, with a "camera roll" of videos that I could swipe left or right on to find what I was looking for. However, I could not preview the video. I had to download it. Once I downloaded it, I could view the video, and it showed up in my Albums folder.

So that's not exactly what I was expecting, but certainly useful in case of an accident.

A big concern with this camera is filling up the remaining space on my iPhone. I only have 2.4 GB left, and videos can fill that up fast. So I'm going to have to keep the Albums folder cleaned out.

UPDATE: When I went into the Albums folder, there appeared to be two copies of the video. So I decided to delete one of them. When I did that, the album was empty. So I guess the "second" one was a doppelganger.

Last edited:
Hmmm, maybe the iOS version is different? On Android, when you are on the "camera roll" screen, when you get to a time period you want to view, you stop scrolling and tap on the picture. It then goes to a full screen and starts streaming the video from the point in time you picked.

How is your memory filling up? On Android, it only downloads if you press the remote button for the 10 sec clips, or if you manually download. Otherwise, the recordings stay in the camera and not in the phone.

When I tap on the picture, it does not play the video. I guess I need to try it again. I just went out and downloaded two videos. When I looked in Albums, I had two videos, not four like I thought I would. So maybe I downloaded that previous video twice and didn't realize it.

Just back from holiday in France and have put the sd card into my pc to view the footage using the latest version of dashcam viewer also tried registration viewer. All the trips still on my card from France seem to have no gps data and the 5hr trip from the tunnel home in the uk only has bits of gps data. You can hear the Chinese voice at the beginning of the clips announce gps lock on. Looked at the card in the gps folder and it only has gpx files in it dated from my trip home in the uk and from 9am to 11am. My trip started at 7am and ended 12pm. Looking at the footage of my trip home i have video from the tunnel to jct5 of the m40 then it ends but the next clip starts with me pulling into wheatley services( tunnel to jct5 m40 has no gps data other than the small section from the missing bit of video?). From wheatley services to hilton park services the video and gps data is all correct and working but then i have no video or gps of the last 80 miles of my trip?

The M6+ does dual channel using Wifi. I assume that means you buy two cameras and put them on the same network.

Look at this page. Scroll down to Front and Rear Recording. http://www.ddpai.com/en/m6plus.php You'll see a PnP view with Switch in the small window. I would assume that means it records in two different directories but the files are synced, but I don't have two of them to test it.
yes,you are right! M6 Plus support dual wifi network;We test and verify we can build M6 Plus+M6 combination,M6 Plus + mini 1 combination,but can not support M6 plus +M6 plus ,M6 Plus +Mini 2 combination;

Last edited:
yes,you are right! M6 Plus support dual wifi network;We test and verify we can build M6 Plus+M6 combination,M6 Plus + mini 1 combination,M6 Plus + mini 2 combination,but can not support M6 plus +M6 plus combination;
Are you sure m6 plus and mini 2 will work together?
Someone posted a reply from Kevin Lee at ddpai on techmoan site.

This is Kevins reply on 29th August.

"Thanks for your inquiry.

Firstly, I am sorry for any confuse about DDpai products. Currently, M6 plus only could pair with DDpai MINI, M6/M6C and M4. M6 plus could NOT pair with MINI 2 and M6 plus. Because it is chipset issue."

Sent from my XT1580 using Tapatalk

Are you sure m6 plus and mini 2 will work together?
Someone posted a reply from Kevin Lee at ddpai on techmoan site.

This is Kevins reply on 29th August.

"Thanks for your inquiry.

Firstly, I am sorry for any confuse about DDpai products. Currently, M6 plus only could pair with DDpai MINI, M6/M6C and M4. M6 plus could NOT pair with MINI 2 and M6 plus. Because it is chipset issue."

Sent from my XT1580 using Tapatalk
Yes,Mini 2 and M6 Plus use same chipest Hi3516D,can not work with M6 plus together;
Sorry to confuse!

I would have thought estore would know if it works or not

Ah! I had a posting issue that delayed my post. Should have refreshed the screen. Thanks for that

Ah! I had a posting issue that delayed my post. Should have refreshed the screen. Thanks for that

all good, it wasn't that obvious what was said, just figure it's better to point it out though before you order something that ends in frustration due to miscommunication :)

Any best practices on camera settings to use? I have currently set it to 1440p and letterbox (don't need more view of sky and front of the car), but wondering if it is better to just use 1080p instead? Any others settings I should check?

The cinema version works best for me. It's the best resolution and cuts out Sky. The best resolution allows you to clearly read number plates and even see who's driving other cars. Lowering to resolution risks missing what could be critical data

Back