Ddpai m6 plus

Hello,

I'd like to know how to get the DDPai M6 Plus to turn off after its been parked. Is there a way to accomplish this in the camera's settings? I'm not interested in the camera's park-mode/time lapse capabilities because I don't want to buy a separate battery. Right now I have the camera connected to the cigarette lighter fuse port which is powered all the time and I'd like to keep it that way if possible.

Thank you
I don't think there's a way to do that. If there is power to the camera, it will be recording. You can disable Park Mode, but all that does is disable the Time Lapse recording and the "wake up" from Time Lapse when sound or movement triggers it. Basically you would need to remove the camera from its mount to turn it off. Then reattach it when you want to start recording again.

I don't think there's a way to do that. If there is power to the camera, it will be recording. You can disable Park Mode, but all that does is disable the Time Lapse recording and the "wake up" from Time Lapse when sound or movement triggers it. Basically you would need to remove the camera from its mount to turn it off. Then reattach it when you want to start recording again.
Thank you Paul, I wound up moving the power source to the radio's fuse instead. This is not ideal because sometimes I wouldn't mind activating the park-mode feature depending on where I leave my vehicle but with no always-on power source this would be impossible. Sometimes I don't use my car for days and having the camera on and recording would drain the battery.

Maybe the engineers from DDPai can update the firmware so when the car has been parked for a given amount of time it can stop recording and turn off.

Thank you Paul, I wound up moving the power source to the radio's fuse instead. This is not ideal because sometimes I wouldn't mind activating the park-mode feature depending on where I leave my vehicle but with no always-on power source this would be impossible. Sometimes I don't use my car for days and having the camera on and recording would drain the battery.

You need to hard wire the camera using a battery discharge prevention device such as the Power Magic Pro or better yet the Vico Power Plus. You can then use the settings to determine time or battery condition when to turn the camera off.

I am using the Vico Power Plus with my M6+. It will automatically cut power to my M6+ if :

1) voltage drops below a preset threshold (I set mine to 12.2v); or

2) interior temp exceeds a threshold (I set my to 50C); or

3) time exceeds a threshold (I set my to 6 hours).

The thresholds are customizable to your likings.

Thanks for the suggestions guys but at this point I don't want to spend the extra cash on the VICO.

It seems that what I need can be accomplished with a firmware update, any thoughts?

Thanks for the suggestions guys but at this point I don't want to spend the extra cash on the VICO.

It seems that what I need can be accomplished with a firmware update, any thoughts?
There's another firmware update?

@nunya I wouldn't hold my breath. There are so many dashcams on the market, new and old, and I haven't seen one that can automatically power off after a preset time (my limited experience only). I guess it has to someway know that the car is parked. Maybe via GPS, or G-sensor, or some other method.

Also, many cars don't provide continuous power to the cigarette socket after car is off, so perhaps the demand is pretty low also.

Thanks for the responses guys. I think this would be a great feature for those who don't have a preventative battery discharge device wired to their cars.

... I have the camera connected to the cigarette lighter fuse port which is powered all the time ...
You're sure about this? Mine gives that impression, but actually powers the accessory sockets from when the car is unlocked until about 5 minutes after the car is parked & locked.

You're sure about this? Mine gives that impression, but actually powers the accessory sockets from when the car is unlocked until about 5 minutes after the car is parked & locked.
Depends on the car, but my Nissan Qashqai leaves the cigarette lighter ports live after ignition switched off too - bloody annoying

well my verdict on the m6 plus after 3 weeks of not getting much use out of it.im happy with the footage after getting sd cards problem sorted but the app is as much use as a chocolate fire guard.the features on the cam would be pretty cool if it worked.i can connect through wifi setting but trying to connect with app is impossible.network connection failed.bad network no camera detected and ddpai suggest the same things over and over.any ideas how much it would be to return it?

I can't remember, Coldplayfan, but I think you are on Android, right? I am beginning to think most app/connection issues are with Androids only. I don't own an Android, so can't comment. Something to do with the DDPai needing wifi AND cellular connection simultaneously?

My iPhone 6+ works perfectly with my M6+ & App for over 1 month now.

At the end, if you replaced the M6+ with a non-wifi dashcam (say the A119 or SG9665GC), you could just the same keep the M6+ and use it like a non-wifi dashcam and don't bother with the app at all. Problem solved!

The M6+ can function fine without the app or wifi. It only needs it for setup & firmware. Just use/borrow an iOS device for that (iPad works fine too).

Also, if you kept your M6+ & waited, you don't deal with hassle and cost of return. Maybe the Android issues will be fixed in future updates. DDPai seems to be pretty active with updates so far.

Just my thoughts...

I can't remember, Coldplayfan, but I think you are on Android, right? I am beginning to think most app/connection issues are with Androids only. I don't own an Android, so can't comment. Something to do with the DDPai needing wifi AND cellular connection simultaneously?

My iPhone 6+ works perfectly with my M6+ & App for over 1 month now.

At the end, if you replaced the M6+ with a non-wifi dashcam (say the A119 or SG9665GC), you could just the same keep the M6+ and use it like a non-wifi dashcam and don't bother with the app at all. Problem solved!

The M6+ can function fine without the app or wifi. It only needs it for setup & firmware. Just use/borrow an iOS device for that (iPad works fine too).

Also, if you kept your M6+ & waited, you don't deal with hassle and cost of return. Maybe the Android issues will be fixed in future updates. DDPai seems to be pretty active with updates so far.

Just my thoughts...
I think this is what's required in android "Multi-Path TCP (MPTCP)". Was introduced in ios7

Samsung devices maybe ok as they have "download booster"

Sent from my XT1580 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
well my verdict on the m6 plus after 3 weeks of not getting much use out of it.im happy with the footage after getting sd cards problem sorted but the app is as much use as a chocolate fire guard.the features on the cam would be pretty cool if it worked.i can connect through wifi setting but trying to connect with app is impossible.network connection failed.bad network no camera detected and ddpai suggest the same things over and over.any ideas how much it would be to return it?
You need to read this: https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/ddpai-m6-android-connection-issues.20973/#post-275326 It solved the Android connection problem.

Yeah I'm sure, the camera recorded video for a couple hours straight while I had the car parked.

Hello,

I'd like to know how to get the DDPai M6 Plus to turn off after its been parked. Is there a way to accomplish this in the camera's settings? I'm not interested in the camera's park-mode/time lapse capabilities because I don't want to buy a separate battery. Right now I have the camera connected to the cigarette lighter fuse port which is powered all the time and I'd like to keep it that way if possible.

Thank you
No, and even if there was such an option, the camera would never be totally off (as there are no button on it to switch it on again), and even if such a thing would be possible, the 12V adapter slowly drains your battery by simply being plugged in. I have the same shortcomings in my car, and simply unplug the 12V adapter and the camera (from the base) when I park my car.

I just received my DDpai M6+ a few days ago but I'm having an issue downloading the M6+ videos to my phone and/or tablet. The file list in the DDpai app shows up as empty but there are video files on the microSD card. When I click on albums -> gallery, it says "There is no downloaded file". I have "Auto download the captured files" in settings turned on. I tried turning this option off and manually pressing the download button under file list but nothing downloads. Any idea what's wrong?

I just received my DDpai M6+ a few days ago but I'm having an issue downloading the M6+ videos to my phone and/or tablet. The file list in the DDpai app shows up as empty but there are video files on the microSD card. When I click on albums -> gallery, it says "There is no downloaded file". I have "Auto download the captured files" in settings turned on. I tried turning this option off and manually pressing the download button under file list but nothing downloads. Any idea what's wrong?
I'm new at this, so I could be wrong, but it's been my experience that the only things in the Album are the jpegs and mp4s recorded when you hit the emergency button. I don't download the videos to my phone, because it doesn't have that kind of space available. I put the SD card in my computer and manage the files from there.

Back