Ddpai m6 plus

When I did a comparison of 1440P and 1080P with the Mini2 (same sensor/chipset as M6+), the difference between 1440P and 1080P was marginal. 1440P was slightly better, not vastly better. 1080P runs at 30FPS (vice 25FPS at 1440P), so you gain a little with motion at 1080P.

Both 1080P and 1440P run at 10Mbps - the file sizes of the 3 min clips are almost the same. I've also noticed 1080P runs MUCH cooler than 1440P (at least for the Mini2).

Always best to do your own testing and see what you like and works best for you.

I think the "native" resolution for the M6+/Mini2 is 1440p. Does that mean any other resolution (say 1080p) makes the chipset to do MORE work by down-converting to a lower resolution? I was taught that it is best to always run at native resolution for video-related things, such as monitors, TVs, android TV boxes, laptops, etc.

Does this thinking applies to dashcam also? In other words, even at 1080p, is the camera is still capturing at 1440p native, then down-converting to 1080p before saving it as a MP4 video file?

I believe so, but not sure honestly. What I can say is my Mini2 runs cooler at 1080P, which indicates to me the chipset is working less.

I think the "native" resolution for the M6+/Mini2 is 1440p. Does that mean any other resolution (say 1080p) makes the chipset to do MORE work by down-converting to a lower resolution? I was taught that it is best to always run at native resolution for video-related things, such as monitors, TVs, android TV boxes, laptops, etc.

Does this thinking applies to dashcam also? In other words, even at 1080p, is the camera is still capturing at 1440p native, then down-converting to 1080p before saving it as a MP4 video file?
Depends on what sensor used.
For M6 plus, it use OV4689, support native 1080P resolution, so no necessary to capturing at 1440P than down scaled to 1080P.

Mini 2 use 2MP sensor, only support Native 1080P.

Depends on what sensor used.
For M6 plus, it use OV4689, support native 1080P resolution, so no necessary to capturing at 1440P than down scaled to 1080P.

Mini 2 use 2MP sensor, only support Native 1080P.

Mini 2 has the same OV4689 and Hi3516D as M6+. I think your thinking of the Mini 1, which is 1080P (Sony Exmor and Hi3516C)

Thanks for the input, guys. I will do some tests in different lights (day/evening) and see what works best.

Best members,

I have the following question: Is it possible to use the time lapse mode while parked in combination with a powerbank (like xiaomi) who provides 5v and 2,1a?

I would like to order this dashcam for a review for a dutch website.

Yes, should be no problem. Unit goes into parking mode automatically when the Gsensor has no movement after 5 min or so.

Thank for your reply. That is nice.

I am in contact with a supllier on alibaba for a sample. I will keep you informed.

Just bought 2 DDpai M6 plus units (front/rear). One works fine, remote on other not working. Blue light illuminates but no snapshot taken. I can take snapshot from with in the app but it does not take the 10 sec clip (have it set to take clip in the app). Is there a way to get the remote working or should I just return this unit for an exchange? Thanks!

Just bought 2 DDpai M6 plus units (front/rear). One works fine, remote on other not working. Blue light illuminates but no snapshot taken. I can take snapshot from with in the app but it does not take the 10 sec clip (have it set to take clip in the app). Is there a way to get the remote working or should I just return this unit for an exchange? Thanks!
***UPDATE*** got it working via the remote pairing in the camera advanced settings in the app.

just got this cam some dayes ago.
loop recording not working, it just stop recording when it runs out off space.
and cant find it anyware in the app " on/off"

I searched but I think no one else has figured this out yet since I didn't find any of the names I discovered on the forum.

In the iOS App Store there's of course the DDPai app we all know and use. I wouldn't say it's a bad app, but some things don't complete fit the European and US market, like the "Activity" tab with suggested people to follow for dashcam footage.

If you're in the European area then maybe you are interested to try the app called "RoadEyes". It's -mostly- the same app as DDPai but with a different branding, and also different community. A company called RoadEyes has a website (https://www.road-eyes.com/en/) on which they sell the "recsmart" which looks very familiar to DDPai M6 Plus owners: https://www.road-eyes.com/en/products-2016/recsmart-en/

There are small differences in the DDPai and RoadEyes apps. The controls differ a bit here and there, tabs may have different names. But both the apps work well with my DDPai M6 Plus camera. I can switch between apps and change settings. Most changes will be reflected in the other app and vice versa.

Hope to do anyone a favor with that info.

I will give it a try. Will let you know my experiences :))

Got mine 2 weeks now and satisfied ;))

Looking at the pictures and instruction sheets on that website, and also by the matt black colouring of the camera itself, I would hazard a guess that this model is actually the M6 (or based on the M6) and NOT the M6+.
Also I wonder how you would get on with future firmware updates using that app as opposed to the official DDPai app.

Steve

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Looking at the pictures and instruction sheets on that website, and also by the matt black colouring of the camera itself, I would hazard a guess that this model is actually the M6 (or based on the M6) and NOT the M6+.
Also I wonder how you would get on with future firmware updates using that app as opposed to the official DDPai app.

Steve

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I think it is OEM from DDPAI!

Any word from the manufacturer whether they will be able to offer a f/w upgrade to allow dual WiFi with 2 x M6+ or M6+ with Mini 2? The form factor and resolution of this camera is really appealing to me but I do have a few questions:

1. Can you Live View whilst recording?
2. If you do use 2 cams (front + rear); can the footage be combined in the playback software so that you have both feeds showing?
3. Has anyone experienced a serious collision with one of these cameras in place; how does the magnetic mount hold up? Does the camera immediately disconnect and fly around the car?
4. I noted some responses of people who sprayed/painted their cameras matt black; could anyone recommend a paint to use please?

As things stand, I do prefer this camera over the Thinkware F770 but I have issues with having to buy an older model (battery not capacitor) just to make the dual channel WiFi work.

Back