Ddpai m6 plus

@Treble318 I would agree with your observations. The A119 is sharper and better quality than the M6+. They're both good quality, but the A119 is better in every shot. The A119 is crystal clear whereas the M6+ has a slight fuzziness to it.

@coldplayfan, try this:

1) Quick format the Kingston SD card in Windows 7 in NTFS (it has to be NTFS, don't use exFAT or any other format)
2) Download and run"Fat32 Format" (no need to install) here -> http://www.ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/index.htm?guiformat.htm
3) Eject/remove the SD card from you computer
4) Reinsert the SD card (formatted in NTFS)
5) Run Fat32 Format -> Format SD Card -> Default Allocation size 32,768 -> done!

Last edited:
question, please? does the camera portion of this device swivel / turn at all? in other words, if it was pointing towards the front of the vehicle, could you turn the camera to either side of the vehicle?

thanks in advance.

The lens itself does not swivel, but the entire camera rotates on a balljoint up/down, left/right, AND tilts horizontally. Also, the video will automatically flip rightside up, if you decide to table-mount.

I haven't tested the limits of the movement, but I'd imaging that since it is a ball joint, it can rotate quite liberally in all directions.

thanks so much, goop! i'm primarily interested in recording not only traffic mishaps, but also any law enforcement stops that might occur to me. i wanted to make sure that i can turn the camera towards the drivers window if needed.

thanks again a bunch!

i assume that this can be mounted on a dash instead of a windshield?

i assume that this can be mounted on a dash instead of a windshield?

Yes, but not recommended. A dash mount would not be close enough to the windshield, combined with a wide 140 degree FOV, I'd imagine more than half your frame would be the dashboard and hood of your car!

Also, you should mount it as high as possible to avoid looking up at the sky.

@coldplayfan, try this:

1) Quick format the Kingston SD card in Windows 7 in NTFS (it has to be NTFS, don't use exFAT or any other format)
2) Download and run"Fat32 Format" (no need to install) here -> http://www.ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/index.htm?guiformat.htm
3) Eject/remove the SD card from you computer
4) Reinsert the SD card (formatted in NTFS)
5) Run Fat32 Format -> Format SD Card -> Default Allocation size 32,768 -> done!
thanks i cant get to that point because whatever software i use it says partition collapsed

thanks i cant get to that point because whatever software i use it says partition collapsed
Maybe you need to sort out the partitions on the SD card.
Try something like partitionwizard, they do a free version.

Anthony

Sent from my XT1580 using Tapatalk

Maybe you need to sort out the partitions on the SD card.
Try something like partitionwizard, they do a free version.

Anthony

Sent from my XT1580 using Tapatalk
iv tryed everything anthony nothing can open it im gonna get new cards but i cant understand 3 cards messed up using cam i had one in my old cam a year with no issue

I know the DDPai M6+ has a smartphone app, but for those of you who like to view the videos and GPS data on your Mac or Windows PC, I've added DDPai M6+ support to Dashcam Viewer v2.1.8.

they seem to use the same format on other HiSilicon based cams so this will likely work with some other models also

@traveler Thanks John, that is great! Just wondering if there was a reason you didn't include support for the DDPai Mini 2 as well. Isn't the data format for the M6+ same as the Mini 2?

I bet it works with the Mini2, no GPS data to worry about.

Back