Ddpai m6 plus

Right, silly me. I forgot that the Mini 2 doesn't have GPS, so my question is a bit irrelevant.

Perhaps if the Mini 2 is used as a second camera, then Dashcam Viewer can sync the 2 videos together. I believe Dashcam Viewer supports dual cameras.

My revised question is: Does Dashcam Viewer support 2 DDPai (eg. M6+ & Mini2) in a dual camera setup?

Last edited:
You could do it with time, IF the times are synced. Probably not the most reliable, but better than nothing. You could it with GPS IF they both have it, but the mini2 doesn't, so that's not an option.

Dashcam Viewer does support 2 channel camera. Not sure how it works. Saw it in this video at the 11:33 mark:

M6+ also supports dual camera. Not sure how that works either, nor whether it is compatible with Dashcam Viewer's 2 channel support. That's why I asked the question.

M6+ also supports dual camera. Not sure how that works either, nor whether it is compatible with Dashcam Viewer's 2 channel support. That's why I asked the question.
expect it would be easier if it's a product that is 2 channel or is at least designed to sync 2 cameras to work together

hey guys not sure if anyone would know. Im so close to bitting the bullet and either getting the blackvue 2 channel or this camera. I saw techmoan's video and was sold on the ddpai m6 plus, but im looking for a 2 channel system. Is it possible to set these both up as two channels? or either get this m6 plus and a smaller ddpai camera in the back? Also for any one who has used the blackvue 2 channel, how does it compare to the m6 plus?

thanks in advance

The M6+ does dual channel using Wifi. I assume that means you buy two cameras and put them on the same network.

Look at this page. Scroll down to Front and Rear Recording. http://www.ddpai.com/en/m6plus.php You'll see a PnP view with Switch in the small window. I would assume that means it records in two different directories but the files are synced, but I don't have two of them to test it.

The M6+ does dual channel using Wifi. I assume that means you buy two cameras and put them on the same network.

Look at this page. Scroll down to Front and Rear Recording. http://www.ddpai.com/en/m6plus.php You'll see a PnP view with Switch in the small window. I would assume that means it records in two different directories but the files are synced, but I don't have two of them to test it.

ahhh i see. so i guess its set up as if they were two separate cameras with two different memory cards, but over wifi they both stream the feed to the phone?

ahhh i see. so i guess its set up as if they were two separate cameras with two different memory cards, but over wifi they both stream the feed to the phone?
That's what I would assume. I don't know if another manufacturer's wifi cam would work.

I wrote to DDPai several days ago about how to get the dual camera feature working since it doesn't seem to work for me. The software says to put the 2 clickers/remotes next to each other, then click both 5 times. I'm certain I got it configured at one point so that 1 clicker could control both cameras, but obviously my real intent was to get the front & rear setup working, as described on their site. Still no response from DDPai...

I wrote to DDPai several days ago about how to get the dual camera feature working since it doesn't seem to work for me. The software says to put the 2 clickers/remotes next to each other, then click both 5 times. I'm certain I got it configured at one point so that 1 clicker could control both cameras, but obviously my real intent was to get the front & rear setup working, as described on their site. Still no response from DDPai...

I asked them the same question. This is the response I received:

Thanks for your inquiry and choosing our products.

WIFI front and rear camera connection only workes for ONE M6plus and ONE MINI, M6 plus was regards as master device to connect MINI via WIFI. Because our company products desigen ideas is don't waste our customer money and try to let their old DDpai product have more usage.

Mini is our entry level wifi car camera, when customer upgrade their DDpai camera to M6 plus, Mini could be worked as rear camera rather than sleep in the box.

So currently, Front and Rear wifi connection didn't work for two M6 plus, but we will keep update.

WIFI front and rear camera connection only workes for ONE M6plus and ONE MINI, M6 plus was regards as master device to connect MINI via WIFI. Because our company products desigen ideas is don't waste our customer money and try to let their old DDpai product have more usage.

Mini is our entry level wifi car camera, when customer upgrade their DDpai camera to M6 plus, Mini could be worked as rear camera rather than sleep in the box.

So currently, Front and Rear wifi connection didn't work for two M6 plus, but we will keep update.

Thanks for clearing that up. So i guess unlike the blackvue, the the m6+and mini comunicate only through the application on the phone, unlike the blackvue which is phsyically connected.

Im not sure what this means, "M6 plus was regards as master device to connect MINI via WIFI" - does that mean the mini has to be connected to a personal hotspot on the phone which then connects two of them together?

Wow, thanks. Their response is kind of hilarious and silly.
Thanks for clearing that up. So i guess unlike the blackvue, the the m6+and mini comunicate only through the application on the phone, unlike the blackvue which is phsyically connected.

Im not sure what this means, "M6 plus was regards as master device to connect MINI via WIFI" - does that mean the mini has to be connected to a personal hotspot on the phone which then connects two of them together?

With the M6+ as the master, it would be the WiFi hotspot (not the phone).

@ErichMoraga - sorry, im new to the M6+, but it has built in wifi? or does it connect to my iphone hotspot and theoretically the mini would ping off the M6+?

@ErichMoraga - sorry, im new to the M6+, but it has built in wifi? or does it connect to my iphone hotspot and theoretically the mini would ping off the M6+?

As the WiFi hotspot, yes, the M6+ has "built in WiFi". Your cell literally connects to it directly.

In this video you can hear a vibration sound when I drive over uneven sections of the pavement. I suspect this is due to the magnetic mount. @Techmoan reported this in his review but said it was fixed in the Plus. I suspect it's not totally fixed. Listen and see what you think. It only happens when I drive over bumps.

Thanks. I'll double check everything.

I can't believe I've already gotten copyright complaints for my videos. Good Lord, you can barely hear the radio....

Back