Ddpai m6 plus

thanks i appreciate it
got me card out of cam and had a look wats on.each day i have up to 30 250 meg files.i dont get any start up message now since i hardwired it.so my card is only lasting a couple of days before full.apprently the time lapse vidios are in with vidios but i cant find any and im not sure were the parking mode ones go.parking mode and time lapse were the reason i hardwired it.

thanks i appreciate it
OK sorry havn't had time to check it out fully so only had a quick look.

But what ya have to do is as I said go to camera tab.
Click on play icon in top half of screen
When you see the live view then in the bottom right corner of this view you will see an icon that looks like 4 arrows pointing out from center of the icon click on this.
Now you will see the image time line across the screen
You can either slide this with your finger or the the red slider at the bottom of the video time line
Stop where you want and tap the image it will stream and play on your phone.

From here couldn't get it to do anything else, but realised that then if you turn your phone to landscape then you get the video full screen and if tap on video you get a menu on left side with a number of options like cut for instance.
As I said only had a few minutes so had to go and havn't had time to explore them.

But you should be able to Explore them now :)

Hope that helps

OK sorry havn't had time to check it out fully so only had a quick look.

But what ya have to do is as I said go to camera tab.
Click on play icon in top half of screen
When you see the live view then in the bottom right corner of this view you will see an icon that looks like 4 arrows pointing out from center of the icon click on this.
Now you will see the image time line across the screen
You can either slide this with your finger or the the red slider at the bottom of the video time line
Stop where you want and tap the image it will stream and play on your phone.

From here couldn't get it to do anything else, but realised that then if you turn your phone to landscape then you get the video full screen and if tap on video you get a menu on left side with a number of options like cut for instance.
As I said only had a few minutes so had to go and havn't had time to explore them.

But you should be able to Explore them now :)

Hope that helps
thanks il have to keep plugging away lol.did you see my message about wats on my card

thanks il have to keep plugging away lol.did you see my message about wats on my card
just read it, yes all the parking mode and time lapse go in the video folder. i've turned mine off as haven't got a power source. but i tested it by just leaving my cars ignition on. it took some 3 minutes or so before it went into time lapse.
if i remember the files looked the same mp4's

just read it, yes all the parking mode and time lapse go in the video folder. i've turned mine off as haven't got a power source. but i tested it by just leaving my cars ignition on. it took some 3 minutes or so before it went into time lapse.
if i remember the files looked the same mp4's
yea found out the timelapse files start with s in folder.nothing happens tho the vidio doesnt play its sorta still

yea found out the timelapse files start with s in folder.nothing happens tho the vidio doesnt play its sorta still
Yeah I forgot about the S in front and if I remember I sorted by name and ascending so they were all at the bottom of the folder.

but mine play fine, they will only look still if your subject don't move ;)
if you step through, one frame at a time, you can see 1 frame per second.

as different from the normal video 25 frames a second

Yeah I forgot about the S in front and if I remember I sorted by name and ascending so they were all at the bottom of the folder.

but mine play fine, they will only look still if your subject don't move ;)
if you step through, one frame at a time, you can see 1 frame per second.

as different from the normal video 25 frames a second
if i try to flick through the frames it just bounces back to start of vidio.i hope im not annoying you by the way just trying to get full use of features.the way techmoan described say if someone bumped into you while parked.you can look back at the timelapse leading up to it and parking mode the aftermath.i just dont understand how it all works together.bloody gps is still showing china map as well grrrrr lol

if i try to flick through the frames it just bounces back to start of vidio.i hope im not annoying you by the way just trying to get full use of features.the way techmoan described say if someone bumped into you while parked.you can look back at the timelapse leading up to it and parking mode the aftermath.i just dont understand how it all works together.bloody gps is still showing china map as well grrrrr lol
What software are you using to view the time lapse videos? Have you tried a different player?

Sent from my XT1580 using Tapatalk

What software are you using to view the time lapse videos? Have you tried a different player?

Sent from my XT1580 using Tapatalk
just windows player il try it on vlc player

Not certain I understand when you say ¨if i try to flick through the frames it just bounces back to start of vidio¨ Most video players (except windows media player, which is a pain as need to go into menu to do it) have a step button or frame advance putting the video on pause then clicking this button will advance the video one frame at a time and you can then see via the time stamp that there is 1 frame per sec. If you click the normal play button it should show the time lapse or look like very jerky slow motion :). my test files are all between 13 to 41 seconds long and all play with awesome time lapse and recorded as per the scenario exactly as you describe above.

in tab me:settings;offline map it shows my position on map correct
in tab on the road:nearby also correct
in tab camera when your connected to camera the map shows china :( but when you stream a video file it shows the correct position but does not track as it should
in tab albums:map shows china :(
in tab albums:gallery:tracks shows my tracks in the Mediterranean sea just off the coast of Spain about a 100 miles from where i am :rolleyes:
think the app needs a bit of work yet ;)

By the way had time to play with the app this morning while I was out parked waiting for my better half.
when you tap the cut icon in full screen mode in tab camera you get 2 red progress bars 1 above the other below the video, top one you can slide to any point in the videos on the cameras sd card (treats as one long video)and below you have 2 red handles which you can adjust to the exact start and stop point you wish then either play it or download it to your phone with the download icon to the right and bottom of the video
works fine
but Ill continue to take my sd card out and put it in my surface :p

Last edited:
Not certain I understand when you say ¨if i try to flick through the frames it just bounces back to start of vidio¨ Most video players (except windows media player, which is a pain as need to go into menu to do it) have a step button or frame advance putting the video on pause then clicking this button will advance the video one frame at a time and you can then see via the time stamp that there is 1 frame per sec. If you click the normal play button it should show the time lapse or look like very jerky slow motion :). my test files are all between 13 to 41 seconds long and all play with awesome time lapse and recorded as per the scenario exactly as you describe above.

in tab me:settings;offline map it shows my position on map correct
in tab on the road:nearby also correct
in tab camera when your connected to camera the map shows china :( but when you stream a video file it shows the correct position but does not track as it should
in tab albums:map shows china :(
in tab albums:gallery:tracks shows my tracks in the Mediterranean sea just off the coast of Spain about a 100 miles from where i am :rolleyes:
think the app needs a bit of work yet ;)

By the way had time to play with the app this morning while I was out parked waiting for my better half.
when you tap the cut icon in full screen mode in tab camera you get 2 red progress bars 1 above the other below the video, top one you can slide to any point in the videos on the cameras sd card (treats as one long video)and below you have 2 red handles which you can adjust to the exact start and stop point you wish then either play it or download it to your phone with the download icon to the right and bottom of the video
works fine
but Ill continue to take my sd card out and put it in my surface :p
strange days indeed lol.my mio dashcam lasts around a week before full dunno why 2 days on this.iv changed my vidio player and found a 90 meg time lapse but it plays super fast.can i post it on here for you to see?iv messaged again about the app in chinese gps position.wait and see what he suggests.my sons app shows the proper gps position on app not sure about when streaming

strange days indeed lol.my mio dashcam lasts around a week before full dunno why 2 days on this.iv changed my vidio player and found a 90 meg time lapse but it plays super fast.can i post it on here for you to see?iv messaged again about the app in chinese gps position.wait and see what he suggests.my sons app shows the proper gps position on app not sure about when streaming

yeah why not but upload it to mega, easier to download then

yeah why not but upload it to mega, easier to download then
im gettin there just the gps to sort out now and work out were parking mode vids go and do the time lapse vids play as a normal video or to watch them do you have to flick thru the frames.like i say iv got one vid plays in fast motion

im gettin there just the gps to sort out now and work out were parking mode vids go and do the time lapse vids play as a normal video or to watch them do you have to flick thru the frames.like i say iv got one vid plays in fast motion

I don't know what you mean by "parking mode vids", I believe they are the time-lapse videos, which are in the video folder. parking mode is just that ,a mode, which turns the time-lapse video on after a certain time of detecting no movement by your car.

well a time-lapse video taking an image every second when played back in a normal video player will seem like its fast moving. Remember 60 time-lapse video frames/images taken at 1 second per image is 1 minute of real time, but the video player is going to attempt to play that back at 25 frames/images per second so on your video player that 1 minutes of real time is going to be condensed down to just under 2.5 seconds. so obviously it will look very fast that's what time-lapse does, condenses time :)
If you want to watch it slower you are either, as i said going to have to click on pause and then step through each frame manually or set the video player to play at a slower frame rate

vico power plus :)

Vico Power Plus. I'm using it with my DDPai M6 Plus right now. Works perfectly. I like the real time display. No dip-switches to mess with.

How does the camera get its 2nd power signal (usually yellow wire) that enables the cam to go into time lapse mode when the vico and power magic use a conventional 5v power socket that only have a plus and negative wire?

Both the Yellow (always on) and the Red (Accessory Only) wires run into the Vico Power Plus (VP+). At the other end is a standard 12v cigarette power socket. The VP+ controls whether the cigarette socket gets powered or not, depending on your customizable setup. You plug your USB cigarette that came with your DDPai into the VP+ 12v cigarette socket, which reduces the voltage to 5v. Then plug the DDPai M6+ into the 2.1 A USB slot (and not the 1.0A slot).

Back