Dead computer

...you could build me a new case then? ;-)
i can improvise holdings for 2,5"-HDD (and SSD), but don't know how to handle metal; the streacom is too small...

I made this computer on my computer table, aside for a reciprocating saw with a blade for metal and my drill all is made with hand tools.
Dident take that long but i also planned a lot ahead on this one, normally i used to design as i go as that resulted in more pimped solutions, but this one i wanted to be discreet.

...well, let's put it that way:
me + tools = catastrophical outcomes
;-)

important "add-on-recommendation" for the UPS:
get one with a flash-protection-thing, a lot of cheap crap on the market only with "battery" but not "flattening the electricity (brian - "den strom glätten" how to translate that?) and therefore protecting the connected equipment from brownouts...
I think flattening the electricity just means it has what is called Line Conditioning, which mine has. If a brown out situation occurs it instantly ups the amount of electricity to the recommended optimum. You're right that is probably why I don't loose parts anymore.

I made this computer on my computer table, aside for a reciprocating saw with a blade for metal and my drill all is made with hand tools.
Dident take that long but i also planned a lot ahead on this one, normally i used to design as i go as that resulted in more pimped solutions, but this one i wanted to be discreet.
You did a beautiful job, I've seen a few hand made cases but yours is WAY ahead of any I've seen made or bought ! I bet there are a lot of gamers that would pay dearly for one like it.

So it finally happned, the ssd drive that was my C drive have died on me.
Aside for the cost of a new drive i am not too bothered, this is the first time i had a harddrive die in my own machine.

Still :mad: and damn annoying as i cant use my pc to browse the net for a new drive, and doing that on this tablet is our of the question.

KamKar1, tell me exactly what you want and I will research it for you and find the best price.

Well all of the Aluminum is store bought case from Lian li, they make sone awesome clean cases, i just added steel to the inside as i was not able to get my hands on some sheet aluminum to work with, then again weight was not so much of a problem as i rarely move the thing around.

I have replaced the OCZ harddrive with a similar sized one from Kingston, found using a site we have over here for finding prices on computers and their parts.
Had to go cheap on this one, another brand with a slightly better warranty would have cost 1/3 more.

I've had at more than a half dozen hard drives die on windows 7 though only one in the last 10 years or so and thus far none of the half dozen SSD's I've had have died.

So, take this as an opportunity to get a bigger and better one and do a clean install of the OS and aps -- might make the PC fun to use again...

SSD seems has less stability as hard drive.

Last edited:
I think SSD when it first came along wasn't stable but these days it's quite good, even our website is hosted on SSD drives

Thats also what i feel, i held back until the 4 generation SSD drives came about, up until then i used to have a couple of regular drives in raid to speed things up a little, and before that the WD raptor drives in 36 Gb size for C:

Now i would like one of those PCI harddrives for my OS and programs, those do 1 up at least 1 SSD.

Now i would like one of those PCI harddrives for my OS and programs, those do 1 up at least 1 SSD.

my OS drives in my new computers are on M.2 SSD's on 32gbit interfaces, so fast, things like photoshop open in 5 seconds, used to take close to a minute to launch on my old machine

Back