DOD LS430W now available?

I thought they were all Chinese versions? Also more beautiful color box than what? Do you think you have a "fake" LS430W is my question, if so, where did you get it? The only source I can find now of an inexpensive LS430W is eprance.

EDIT: Pictures of your box and camera would be welcome :)
It is no problem to get a Chinese version, due to it is Chinese version, I didn't take any photo for this. I only do some simple test, no more detail info.

1.jpg

4.jpg

6.jpg

8.jpg

14.jpg

23.jpg

26.jpg

27.jpg

29.jpg

31.jpg

33.jpg

41.jpg

42.JPG

43.JPG

44.JPG

48.JPG

49a.jpg

Last edited:
Hello! I have ordered a LS430W on Ebay (I still did not receive it). But I have read about the fake DOD dvrs... There is a document by DOD that tells the problem that they have discovered "low quality fake units" on Ebay and others (they say EABY, you can see in the photo).
I paid 185 USD (139 €)

I emailed them asking how can I be sure if this dvr is fake or not. NO ANSWER.
The seller told me that they get it from the DOD taiwanese company. (I think that it is true, but who knows?)
I will post photos when I receive it. It is very strange if the manufacturer tells that his sellers are selling fake dvrs... Why?
But, as you know, Ebay has no tolerance with fakes. If it is a fake I have to complain.
Do you think that it is possible to identify a fake DOD Dvr?

Attachments

• 大虹电子通知函.jpg
    大虹电子通知函.jpg
    415.5 KB · Views: 23
I ordered the same one, we shall see when it arrives. The seller also assures me it's original DoD, and I'm pretty sure it is.

I will post photos when I receive it. It is very strange if the manufacturer tells that his sellers are selling fake dvrs... Why?
But, as you know, Ebay has no tolerance with fakes. If it is a fake I have to complain.
DOD have many agents worldwide, but some Chinese sellers sell their product at lower price, so the agent will complain this with DOD.
So DOD have to do something with this seller.
Also is the reason they don't provide English version in China.

Hello! I have ordered a LS430W on Ebay (I still did not receive it). But I have read about the fake DOD dvrs... There is a document by DOD that tells the problem that they have discovered "low quality fake units" on Ebay and others (they say EABY, you can see in the photo).
I paid 185 USD (139 €)

I emailed them asking how can I be sure if this dvr is fake or not. NO ANSWER.
The seller told me that they get it from the DOD taiwanese company. (I think that it is true, but who knows?)

I doubt that the notice is ture.
reason 1: LS430W and LS330 were lunched in 2013. but the document release date is 2011. In 2011, there was no LS430W and LS330W.
reason 2: the content is with bad grammar and misspelt words. i don;t think DOD would release such unprofessional notice to the public.

anyway, let's see how DOD say regarding this notice.

DOD have many agents worldwide, but some Chinese sellers sell their product at lower price, so the agent will complain this with DOD.
But, I wonder... DOD want to sell many cams or not?
DOD sells to the distributors THE SAME PRICE (or not?). At this point:
- Some of them will sell only a few (the expensive sellers)
- Some of them will sell many dvrs (the cheap sellers)

Now, why DOD could think that the good sellers are a problem for the factory?
Maybe DOD is a non profit company... hahah

But, I wonder... DOD want to sell many cams or not?
DOD sells to the distributors THE SAME PRICE (or not?). At this point:
- Some of them will sell only a few (the expensive sellers)
- Some of them will sell many dvrs (the cheap sellers)

Now, why DOD could think that the good sellers are a problem for the factory?
Maybe DOD is a non profit company... hahah

regardless of selling at the same price or not, it's what happens after that which is an influencer on price, we live in a connected world, consumers can buy wherever they like, a Chinese seller can operate on much lower margin and sell the product, this is understandable, for the retailer in the UK for example his overheads are much higher, he pays VAT, import duty, has to look after the warranty etc and needs to make a profit to even make it worthwhile, his prices as a result are much higher, average consumer just sees a large price disparity and doesn't want to pay the premium and orders from China instead, the DOD business model is broken if they want to pretend they are a big brand that is worth something to an importer, they should have made different models for the Chinese market in this case

I doubt that the notice is ture.
reason 1: LS430W and LS330 were lunched in 2013. but the document release date is 2011. In 2011, there was no LS430W and LS330W.
reason 2: the content is with bad grammar and misspelt words. i don;t think DOD would release such unprofessional notice to the public.

anyway, let's see how DOD say regarding this notice.
Really the bad grammar is incredible (I did not see the 2011 date, I can not read in chinesse, sorry), but you can see the same when you change the language in any chinese device. Sometimes I think that they use a basic - poor online translator... and maybe the same in this document.
But... who could do this? Maybe one of the resellers try to do such extrange thing to kill the others?
... and why this document is in the DOD oficial page? mmmmm....
- 3 posibilities:
1. It is true that someone is faking DOD cams
2. DOD want to be a closed factory very soon.
3. This is a sales campaign

regardless of selling at the same price or not, it's what happens after that which is an influencer on price, we live in a connected world, consumers can buy wherever they like, a Chinese seller can operate on much lower margin and sell the product, this is understandable, for the retailer in the UK for example his overheads are much higher, he pays VAT, import duty, has to look after the warranty etc and needs to make a profit to even make it worthwhile, his prices as a result are much higher, average consumer just sees a large price disparity and doesn't want to pay the premium and orders from China instead, the DOD business model is broken if they want to pretend they are a big brand that is worth something to an importer, they should have made different models for the Chinese market in this case
No, no. At this moment you will not find any shop (For example, in Spain, France, Germany, etc) that sells DOD products. Everything works online from China, so warranty is lost always, and if you pay more is for nothing. It is more expensive the shipping costs to return the Dvr than the dvr, and all of them know it.
As you have told, the retailer in the UK have to pay lots of things. But the warranty is almost always the same. Nothing. I had problems with these online sellers, and sometimes they simply disappear. It is not like a real shop (and they know it)
And some sellers say that it is a UK shop, and everything is sent from Shenzhen...

I wasn't referring to dropshippers, there are some regular retailers in various countries that have the product physically in stock and sell it at a premium, the business model is broken and these are the guys trying to restrict the Chinese sellers because it's making their life hard, reality is in China it's sold for much closer to what the product is worth, I understand for the guys doing retail in other countries that they have to sell at higher prices but the product is just not worth what they need to sell it for to make it a viable product

Most of Chinese sellers sell at very low price, as jokiin talked “it's sold for much closer to what the product is worth”.
Yesterday I talked with one manufacture, they told me they sold a lot every month, but the big problem is almost non profit.

If you visit DOD website, you will find some agents like Canada, Russian agent, they always sell at higher price than Chinese sellers, so why DOD have to control the product price.

I don't prefer dropshippers, it is better for reseller keep some in stock, so both customers and reseller can get good service.
If there is something wrong with the product, customer can return to the local reseller, and when reseller got many defective products, they can return them to Chinese supplier together.

Most of Chinese sellers sell at very low price, as jokiin talked “it's sold for much closer to what the product is worth”.
Yesterday I talked with one manufacture, they told me they sold a lot every month, but the big problem is almost non profit.

this is the same story in many factories, oddly enough if you ask them what they're working on you find most are working on trying to deliver a cheaper solution, not many out there that are trying to make better products, only cheaper ones

Really the bad grammar is incredible (I did not see the 2011 date, I can not read in chinesse, sorry), but you can see the same when you change the language in any chinese device. Sometimes I think that they use a basic - poor online translator... and maybe the same in this document.
But... who could do this? Maybe one of the resellers try to do such extrange thing to kill the others?
... and why this document is in the DOD oficial page? mmmmm....
- 3 posibilities:
1. It is true that someone is faking DOD cams
2. DOD want to be a closed factory very soon.
3. This is a sales campaign

"why this document is in the DOD oficial page?"..
i think the original page is a DOD old notice. someone may use photoshop or other tool to change content.

Hello, I have a problem with my two new (1-2 weeks) DOD LS430W. The first dashcam has a fraction on the top right site on the plastic at the objective / lens. On the second dashcam you can see (same position) the beginn of a break. Have any one the same problem? I have ordered my two DOD LS430W's from DOD-UK.

e0show.jpg

2j18toy.jpg

2ignoea.jpg

2zegwhf.jpg

And here is a picture from DOD-UK with (maybe) the same problem - so I believe.

41.jpg

it's a casting mark in the plastic, the ring is only decorative, it won't effect the performance at all

I know, but the two cameras are new and I'm a little bit angry, that both cameras has the same problem (on the same position). It's strange or not? And they were not cheap. :(

I wouldn't consider this an issue worth thinking about. It seems purely visual as jokiin said, and its something that you won't even be looking at when you use them.

I also ordered some LS430W's, I really hope very much that I have this issue you showed, and not any other :D

I know, but the two cameras are new and I'm a little bit angry, that both cameras has the same problem (on the same position). It's strange or not? And they were not cheap. :(

it's a casting mark, that's why it's in the same place

looks like the mold is starting to wear so they'll all have this going forward if this is the case

I wouldn't consider this an issue worth thinking about. It seems purely visual as jokiin said, and its something that you won't even be looking at when you use them.

I also ordered some LS430W's, I really hope very much that I have this issue you showed, and not any other :D
You're right, but I'm extremely pedantic and I know that's there - so it's a problem for me. ;)

[...]
looks like the mold is starting to wear so they'll all have this going forward if this is the case
Therefore my question, if anyone has the same problem. :)

Back