DR500GW frame freez

mollydog

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Now I’m not sure if it’s the fact I have Mio’s upgrade and have the bit rate at 12000, or the fact I’m using a 64Gig SanDisk card, the few issues I’m having are: every now and then it keeps saying to re insert the memory card and keeps saying it till I disconnect power, and most times when I re fit the memory card it still keeps repeating the message

Also there are incidences where the recorded image is frozen from say 2 seconds and even up to 15 seconds.

So on play back you’ll see the recorded motion, then the motion freezes for say 8 seconds and see only the last frame, then once say the 8 seconds has elapsed, it starts to show the footage minus the 8 seconds that it froze, but when it works I'm pleased with the image (Thanks to Mio's upgrade)

I hope I’ve explained it well, I have reformatted the memory card a few times

I am sure you have thought of this, but since no one has replied, I would try a 16 or 32gb card. It almost sounds like the camera is 'buffering' trying to write the data on the 64gb card.

Thank you for your reply, it did cross my mind it looked like it was buffering but never thought it was that as it only happens now and then. what has been on my mind is the fact it often asking me to check the microSD card (maybe due to it being 64gig?), as the first card I got for the camera was the Sandisk 32gig Ultra and I was using another Sandisk ultra card admittedly an unsupported 64gig I thought they would both cope with the higher bitrate. I hope I can resolve this issue or it looks like I'll have to start using the 32gig Sandisk ultra

if it's any help, I've added two clips showing what I mean about freezing, you'll notice that while it's not recording video it still records audio (in places on one of the clips)

it's still recording till the time stamp shows 10:02:15 even though it looks like its stopped

and my second clip

High frame rate slow card Over kill with the audio Nearly blew my speakers which were set at usual level. How can you concentrate with that noise.

It's an open top Lotus Elise, what I think (only an opinion) you're hearing is a lot of distorted wind noise and the radio,as when I tested the DR500 in a saloon car (when I first got the camera) the audio wasn't distorted and volume wasn't that high.

the card in the two clips was a Sandisk ultra 64gig, I agree with you it looks like buffering, just surprised if it is that as I would of expected a Sandisk Ultra card to be able to keep up. I've looked in the manual to see how one can switch off the sound recording but can't find anywhere in the manual to see if the audio can be set to off (on a permanent bases) with out having to do it manually every time the DR500 is switched on, as I can live with out sound. I've replaced the Sandisk 64gig Ultra card with a Sandisk 32gig Ultra card and see what the footage off that looks like, maybe its just the fact the DR5oo isn't too happy with the 64gig card

Back