Edit DX2 File?

Gadgetjq

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Thinkware X330
My Thinkware dashcam (X330 which has no sub category on this forum) uses a .DX2 file to warn of traffic cams and other driving hazards via the GPS. Can someone suggest a program that will edit this file?

Reason: the cam alerts to the presence of "Mobile Speed Camera" along a roughly 1 mile stretch of road I travel on daily. If there were one advisory I'd be good with it but I receive at least half a dozen which gets old on a daily basis. My Garmin uses a file that can simply be edited using Excel but that doesn't seem to be the case with the DX2 file.

Thanks in advance!

OP
Gadgetjq

Gadgetjq

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Thinkware X330
Thanks for the link Si, I missed that one. It seems I'm not alone wanting to modify the d-base with a tweak or two.
Tesla S eh? Very classy!

Cheers!

jokiin

Manufacturer
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
Too many ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reason: the cam alerts to the presence of "Mobile Speed Camera" along a roughly 1 mile stretch of road I travel on daily. If there were one advisory I'd be good with it but I receive at least half a dozen which gets old on a daily basis.

I think the mobile speed cam alerts are the dumbest thing ever added, this is to do with whoever maintains the database (they just buy it) and not a criticism of Thinkware, I have a Kenwood GPS headunit which also has this same info in the database it uses and they drive you nuts with false positives to the point where the information is useless, I gave up and disabled the warnings altogether