English Manual: Constant power supply (battery discharge prevention) device, MS Multi Safer

Alright, I was able to find the two fuses, one for constant and one for acc. Yellow = Constant, while Red = Acc
I know that the Acc works because I also have the radar in his car wired to the same fuse.

The radar turns on only when car turns on, so that is how I know that the fuses are correct.
I am a bit unsure how to make it so that the camera turns off when the car is off.

I want it to work such it is off, but turns on while senses motion in front of it. how do i get this done? also, how long will it stay on for after the motion sense?
I set it to 12.2v on the multisafer instead of the default 11.8v

Please help :)

PS. it is the Panorama G.

Did you turn motion detection on in the Panorama menu? Did you wait long enough? Did you make sure there was no moving objects in the field of view while you waited? I don't have the exact motion time out values handy. Did you play back videos to see if it suspended the recording as it should while in parking mode? (Aka motion detection). The panorama is constantly buffering video in the no-motion state so it can record a few seconds before the motion detection event.

The muli safer isn't what actually triggers the camera to go into motion detection mode. It simply keeps power applied to the camera as long as there is sufficient energy remaining in your battery. You should cover the LED with tape if you don't want any glowing lights which might make it appear it's on. Also make site screen is set to turn off.

Well the thing is that i just tried to press and hold the button on the multisafer, it trns the camera off after a few seconds once the car is off, and if i press teh button again for a few seconds, the camera does not turn back on, so just curious as to which option should it be on?

Since my device works as intended, perhaps I should weigh in. I switch back and forth between "ACC" and "Constant" mode using the button on the device. The manual says press it for 0.3 seconds, so if one second is "mississipp-one", you let go of the button at "missi". The "ACC" mode makes your camera work as if it were plugged into a power source that shuts down when you turn the ignition off. The "constant" mode feeds power to your camera constantly, even if engine/ignition is off, and after you've already parked and left the car. During "constant" mode the camera motion detector takes over, as explained by Pier28. Simply put, pressing the button for 0.3 seconds switches the power source between the red and yellow wires. The LED will confirm this. Short red LED blinks means it is in constant mode. Constantly lit red LED means it is in ACC mode.

hiter202 - from your description, it looks like you've got it wired correctly. Mine is also set to cut off at 12.2 volts. The dip (not deep per manual) switch setting took care of this. My timer is set to infinite, and LED to on. Also dip switch options.

Why would I want to be on "ACC" mode? One example is when I'm safely home, and covered the vehicle with the reflective car cover for heat control and to protect it from nasty stuff that the nearby trees deposit. Also our honey bees love to smear cars with a pollen mix aka bee crap. Very important now that I'm anal about windshield cleanliness. :)

One thing I noticed, the Panorama G motion detector is very sensitive, it stays on when the trees down the street move due to a slight breeze. When I first got it I tested by parking facing a wall, and it did cut off when nobody walked in front of the car. I didn't bother timing how long it took.

Last edited:
At the job, I park in a garage. I don't have the g set to loop so I get a lot of 30 minute clips because the camera sees outside and the sun movement trips the recording. Its cool to see the sun set.. ;-)

I use the Lukas module that has two cigar ports.

Thanks for the reply guys. I appreciate your help.

So I should have it in ACC mode where it turns off after 4 seconds after the car is off and then set motion sensor to ON in the camera menu?

Thanks for the reply guys. I appreciate your help.

So I should have it in ACC mode where it turns off after 4 seconds after the car is off and then set motion sensor to ON in the camera menu?

Use constant (battery) mode or else your panorama won't have power while away and motion detection can't happen with out power. This is the main function of having a low voltage cut off hard wire kit so the camera is powered at all times.

Set motion sensor to ON in the dashcam menu, and leave it there. The "multi safer" device will determine whether or not the dashcam receives any juice while the car is parked. No need to mess with camera settings every time you leave the car. Hope this makes sense.

I'm assuming you can connect this to the fuse box and not the battery directly, as indicated in the steps above? Don't have any experience tapping fuses so I wanted to make sure.

Fuse panel is easier since the panel is usually in the inside cabin, but you can also run a constant wire directly to the battery if you chose. Install the proper in line fuse and your golden.

Ok I am finally reading through the thread again. If you don't intend to switch between ACC and constant on, can you just hook up the yellow cable to a fuse that is constant on and leave the red (ACC) cable disconnected? Or does it need to be attached somewhere?

And if I were to tap both the contant and ACC to the fusebox, I would essentially need to tap 2 separate fuses right?

Last edited:
Ok I am finally reading through the thread again. If you don't intend to switch between ACC and constant on, can you just hook up the yellow cable to a fuse that is constant on and leave the red (ACC) cable disconnected? Or does it need to be attached somewhere?

And if I were to tap both the contant and ACC to the fusebox, I would essentially need to tap 2 separate fuses right?

I just read through this thread as well in advance of installing mine and I believe what you said is correct. As I understand it, all the switch does (in addition to shutting off all power when the battery dips below a certain voltage) is allow you to alternate between a constant source and ACC source (i.e., switch between yellow and red wire), so if you only intend to use one, you can either connect both wires to the same fuse or leave one disconnected. Hopefully someone can confirm.

I just read through this thread as well in advance of installing mine and I believe what you said is correct. As I understand it, all the switch does (in addition to shutting off all power when the battery dips below a certain voltage) is allow you to alternate between a constant source and ACC source (i.e., switch between yellow and red wire), so if you only intend to use one, you can either connect both wires to the same fuse or leave one disconnected. Hopefully someone can confirm.
Which "one" (mode) do you intend to use full-time?
Personally, I think we're over thinking this. Why not just connect the two wires as the manual shows, then stay in the mode that you want to be on permanently? That can be accomplished by just touching the switch.

Last edited:
I am installing an inline fuse for this and would like to know what size fuse should I use for this device? 2A like my phone or something bigger? Thanks!

Hi couple of questions, after reading this thread 3 times prior to getting an auto electrician to fit it, said unit fitted yesterday paired up to the Panorama G. My settings 123 switches down (12.2 volt cut off and 12 hour cut off) Switch on then the unit flashes both red and blue for 30 seconds then always Switchers to 2 blinks of red every 2 seconds, everything works as before, (my understanding is blinking lights mean constant power?) I press top button briefly and get constant red (ACC?) switch off in any mode no lights remain on multi safer and unit closes down and motion does not activate under any conditions. Switch on from any previous mode and get blue and red flashers again then always back to 2 flashes (constant?) as if this is the default setting.
So I am using this wrong?
Do I need to change any settings?
Obviously I need to check all options prior to getting auto electrician back. With my limited dangerous knowledge it looks like a wiring/fitting issue.
All help as always appreciated, quick note prior to install motion, worked okay when on cigarette socket power.

Quick update all sorted, got Auto electrician back, he had Red as Constant and yellow as ACC, even though I gave him English instructions, apparently red is always live/constant in the UK and he deemed it was not worth looking at the instructions. Glad to report its working perfectly, now I no longer get red/blue flashes on start up, and both modes working as advertised.

Quick update all sorted, got Auto electrician back, he had Red as Constant and yellow as ACC, even though I gave him English instructions, apparently red is always live/constant in the UK and he deemed it was not worth looking at the instructions. Glad to report its working perfectly, now I no longer get red/blue flashes on start up, and both modes working as advertised.

Yellow is pretty universal as being the constant power for aftermarket products, sounds like he doesn't fit many to not know this, oh well at least you're sorted

Glad to hear it's working now. Reminds me of the old adage, "when all else fails, read the instructions." Or, to be more blunt, RTFM. :)

Hey guys,quick question about wiring straight to the battery.

I understand the black will be grounded. How about the red and yellow? Which connects to the battery and where exactly does it connect to the battery?

Hey guys,quick question about wiring straight to the battery.

I understand the black will be grounded. How about the red and yellow? Which connects to the battery and where exactly does it connect to the battery?

Just to clarify this was because the newer BMW systems will detect most power changes from the fuse box and will throw a computer error. (Was in a PM chat and suggested we post this question public)

Back