Feitelijk's SG9665GC

SG9665GC doesn't support being powered via Computer USB port. That's only 500mA and will boarderline flake out the NT96655 CPU being under powered. Use a microSD card reader. Mass Storage mode is actually disabled after you update the firmware for this very reason

Last edited:
What it did do was set my time and date back to 2016/01/01...

Will upgrade on a windows system later.

What I do find is that my thin mount developed some slack. Thick mount is still solid. How thick does the foam have to be?

sure you didn't update already, date changes when it updates

the EVA foam is 0.5mm think

Well, it still says 20160323 on the version.

SG9665GC doesn't support being powered via Computer USB port. That's only 500mAh and will boarderline flake out the NT96655 CPU being under powered. Use a microSD card reader. Mass Storage mode is actually disabled after you update the firmware for this very reason

I has worked for me, and does again now after I have restarted the USB module. Anyway, a USB3 port will provide 900mA (not mAh which is a unit of energy, not power) so that would be plenty, and since that is the port installed nowadays....

WHAT!? No Mass storage anymore!? (Releasenotes say: 3. Bugfix Remove PC mode/webcam mode.)
500mA is plenty for the other NT9665's I've had. I don't have a TFcardreader, but I guess my workflow will ow involve getting the card out of the SG putting it in the G90 or GT680 (NT9665) and then transfer the files?

This is a real dissapointment, after the premium claims I expected something. but what I got was a imagequality that was hardly an improvement over my old GT680W, license plates that are unreadable (where I can see them on the G90, which probably has a shorter exposure time), an overexposed camera when there are clouds, with blocks in the image when there are trees, a wobbly mount after 6 months, and now you take away my mass-storage?

We had too many people returning their GC on Amazon without even contacting support thinking they had a bad unit (with low battery warning message, and unit rebooting/flickering screens)
There are way too many people that don't have a nice 900mA port on their computer.
This is why we include the OTG/USB card reader. You should have had one included in the box. (unless you got one of @niko's basic set deals) Ask him to send you one.
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threa...r-android-smartphone-tablet-and-pc-mac.12819/

I do have Niko's basic set.
There are way too many people that don't have a nice 900mA port on their computer.
Fantastic reason for taking away the mass storage for people who do. Great.

http://download1479.mediafire.com/rqfrtvm3naog/8wcjfaf8sb19quf/SG9665GC_User_Manual.pdf
Page 19

EVA foam pads – may be used if the camera has movement on the mount to eliminate any rattles, once the 3M tape bonds the bracket will pull into the shape of the window, this can allow some movement of the camera on the bracket, the EVA foam will allow a more secure fit and will eliminate rattles.

6KaVJdk.png

webcam was removed, mass storage should still be there
Good news. Will let you know!
Releasenotes are not encouraging.

Still on 20160323 beta 9, will try on 16 tomorrow.

Side by side, colours on the G90 seem nicer but may be a little false.

Image intentionally not rotated, but only shifted to preserve details.

In the past 3 beta-FW there is a new AE formula, so you will see a difference vs "older FW".

Still on 20160323 beta 9, will try on 16 tomorrow.
good idea, then when you have, start commenting, don't pre-empt things that you haven't tried yet. wait until you have tried everything fully then comment.

good idea, then when you have, start commenting, don't pre-empt things that you haven't tried yet.
Well, that's why it says beta 9 now doesn't it?

This is the before and I have just upgraded to beta16 20160601.
Good news is: mass storage is still there! :)

Can't wait to try the new AE table It's sunny here so the skies should be quite a bit less white!

AW metering Average is what I want, right?
What do the other options do? There's nothing in the manual about lower-weighted or center-weighted.

What do the other options do?
try it out and see what each setting does, that's why there is 3, to suit different situations, give it a go and let us know how it goes for you

What do the other options do? There's nothing in the manual about lower-weighted or center-weighted.

we may still need to fine tune these a bit so will wait until we finalise that before adding detailed information, start on Average and see how you go, you may prefer Center

Now thats a whole lot better!

Don't know why the time and date has reset again to 2016/01/01 though.

I set it before taking off (after the FW upgrade), but the files are all on 2016/01/01.

Tried it again now and it makes 2016/06/06 files.

Also shows a DCIM directory, which has some test files I made after the upgrade (also 2016/01/01) but the bulk in in CARDV/

Last edited:
Comparison gif with the G90.

click
Noise is much less on the SG.

Now thats a whole lot better!

Don't know why the time and date has reset again to 2016/01/01 though.

I set it before taking off (after the FW upgrade), but the files are all on 2016/01/01.

Tried it again now and it makes 2016/06/06 files.

Also shows a DCIM directory, which has some test files I made after the upgrade (also 2016/01/01) but the bulk in in CARDV/
Did you format the card?

I may have forgotten that step. :oops:

It would have installed the FW again right?

Back