FineVu CR500 HD

Sent the video to the seller and asked for an exchange. Here's the reply. I just dont understand how finedigital could make such a bold statement.

Dear my valuable customer I contacted with the finedigital. I was told that this kind of debugging is can be found from all cameras so they refused but I can understand your situation so I will exchange your camera to new one Can you satisfy with this? but you need to pay for shipping fee when you send to me so that after getting your parcel I will ship the new camera ASAP Thanks and have a good day

Hi Hanty86,

Thanks for sharing the information on the firmware. Great that you created an updated Pro app. I will update the main page with it.

Dash Cam Man

Hi Elvis7,

I doubt if the seller contacted the manufacturer. If you do ship it back make sure it has a tracking number. Also make sure that you open a case before 45 days elapse if you don't receive the replacement. Let us know what you end up doing.

Dash Cam Man

right now im trying to talk to him and get just a cam sent out and vice versa but he is requesting I send everything back and then when he gets the cam he will send me a new cam and everything back. he is saying that he has to pay some 40% fee or something. If I send it out first shipping alone is around 30$ and then I will be without a cam for about 1 month and a half or so. honestly, I don't know weather I should just keep it and use the tradecenter 3 year warranty if it ever bugs completely or exchange it and get another one in a month++

Dear my valuable customer
Ok but I need to check it before exchanging your replacement because some of buyer doesnt send all accerssories Please Do not consider your situation.
First Im willing to exchange by paying my own money for you
I need to pay 20-40 % of the production cost for exchanging
but If you dont send whole the Item I will lose whole money
Thanks and have a good day

Hi Elvis7,

That is a difficult decision. At least you have the 3-year Squaretrade warranty to fall back on.

Dash Cam Man

FineVu CR-500HD Nighttime Brightness

In the manual I saw the option called Nighttime Brightness.

The question is: how is this function working? Is it automatic?
1. the camera have some hardware light sensor and it can check if is low light and then use the Nighttime Brightness user setting?
or
2. the Nighttime Brightness is depending on the hour of the day. For example at 19:00 PM it will record using Nighttime Brightness user setting. But what to do in winter or in summer when 19:00PM is night during winter and 19:00PM is day during summer? Does the firmware calculate all time zones and seasons?
or
3. this is a fixed feature, not automatic so always the recording will have more bright?

If the Nighttime Brightness setting is automatic do you have some camera recording sample video or some youtube link which contain changing the brightness setting during driving? Or it will stop and start again the camera with the Nighttime Brightness setting because it cannot be used when is powered on?

enjoy,
Mtz

I think it is fixed and the only way to change this is in the settings. Since it is Korean, there is virtually no info on this camera other than the Sony Exmor CMOS sensor. I have some ultra low light videos on Youtube that I posted to show the difference. What you will see it me driving down a road with no street lights and ends with a 4 way stop with lots of lights.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUwHVx5y3r8

Last edited by a moderator:
But if is fixed why named "Nighttime Brightness" instead of only "Brightness"?

enjoy,
Mtz

Found a Seller on Ebay Last night that allows you to make an offer on the "FineVu CR500 HD". I offered 230 including shipping and he accepted. I think this will work for everyone so if your in the market try it.

Seems like you got a good deal ChicagoSox. At that price, this is a best buy given the video quality.

Ok, I am a new adopter of the whole dashcam thingy and decided to go with this cam, CR500HD (FW ver 1.00.12). Did a hardwire install y'day using this 12v Adapter from fleabay.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-12V-ill...0902273636?pt=US_Adapters&hash=item257685da64

Connected this to a spare switched fuse and tied the 500HD power cord into this. SO far running ok.

Used the cam for a couple of runs, both at night and day (HD, 30FPS) using the supplied 16GB SDCard. My first impression is that it is running warm-to-hot after just 15-20 minutes of drive. Y'day night had a 15 minute run around midnight (temp around 72 F) and when I took it out of the car, it was more than warm. I also noticed that I could not read the license plates of the vehicles in front of me. The cam is mounted high, just below the headliner and has a clear view. The windshield is also squeaky clean. There was enough ambient lightning. The license plate of the vehicle(s) in front of me was fuzzy

This morning, I was able to make out the license plate no. However after a 20 minute drive (1 way), the cam was again hot (outer temp around 77F). This has me worried since summer temp's go upto 90F (inside the car exceed 110F). On of the reasons I opted for this was due to heat related issues on the Blackvue

I will try to post some vids next week.

Concerns:
Running more than warm with exterior temp around 72-77F
Unable to read the license plates of vehicles when stopped at a traffic light, at night

Pros:
Simpler to hook up/install
Easy interface (Point & Select)
So far nothing missing, All files being created just fine
Very clear pictures during day (bright & Sunny).

I was posting my knowledge about license plates here.
Maybe you have another normal camera or maybe an Iphone or some smartphone with good video recording quality and try to make a recording from the same level of your Finevu keeping it in your hand when you consider the conditions can prove your words. Then you can upload the videos to youtube and we can compare them.
Check also your nighttime brightness and try it to normal.

A camera is normal to be warm (but not hot). Try it directly to the original car lighter even the chances to be something bad with your mount is almost zero.

Good info, i too have noticed my camera temp from the outside being very warm to touch and I live in Australia - so the temps are very concerning for me. I have the latest Firmware installed, how did you measure your temp?

Mtz said:
I was posting my knowledge about license plates here. Check also your nighttime brightness and try it to normal.

A camera is normal to be warm (but not hot). Try it directly to the original car lighter even the chances to be something bad with your mount is almost zero.
Thanks. Will try those settings and report. I agree, the License plates here in the US are reflective so maybe that change will help. I have a spare power cord that I purchased to hardwire in my other car so i could just move the cam. I'll try it with that as well

Milamber said:
I have the latest Firmware installed, how did you measure your temp?
The temp i mentioned in the post is the external temperature which I noticed from the readout on my car. When I unplugged the cam, on both occasions I could feel it to be more than warm, hotter on the second run.
During summer the avg external temp is around 90F spiking to 100 (sometimes). Wondering how it would handle the heat in those conditions, particularly when sitting in direct sunlight (car temp going to 120F-125F). If we need to check how warm the cam gets, I can use an infrared thermometer to check. Will surely do that if I notice it getting hot and will post. I would also ask all of our readers to check the camera particularly after a long run, 30 minutes or more) to see how it feels. It will surely affect the longevity of this product.

Um so the cam has been working OK, but recently its being odd. I don't think its holding a charge anymore. If I turn on my vehicle, the cam lights go white and it starts up. Even though its directly connected to the board. It use to be fine because its battery would hold between changing the current from battery to running vehicle. Even when I turn off the GPS, the can turns off right away, there no 5 second wait to save the video... Any ideas?

Back