First week with SG9665GC V3 - some questions

even the speed limit here in the Nullarbor plains has been reduced to 130 or something hasn't it from open speed recently??

even the speed limit here in the Nullarbor plains has been reduced to 130 or something hasn't it from open speed recently??

yeah I think they put it back down, not like I'd have an opportunity to go there and test it out anyway

I have been running the camera via a better USB cable and a different power supply (still not the original one that came with the cam) and did run into the grey gaps issue... until today. I was waiting at a railway crossing when the recording was stopped at 1:06 of the current file and continued in a new file 10 seconds later. Imagining the power goes out and returns directly afterwards, would it take the camera those 10s to boot and start recording?

I think I need to switch the boot sound on such that I recognize when the camera switches on. And I really need to use the original power supply before bugging you guys with silly questions.

I have been running the camera via a better USB cable and a different power supply (still not the original one that came with the cam) and did run into the grey gaps issue... until today. I was waiting at a railway crossing when the recording was stopped at 1:06 of the current file and continued in a new file 10 seconds later. Imagining the power goes out and returns directly afterwards, would it take the camera those 10s to boot and start recording?

I think I need to switch the boot sound on such that I recognize when the camera switches on. And I really need to use the original power supply before bugging you guys with silly questions.

the shutdown process and startup would total around 10 seconds

Thanks for the confirmation! Time to plug in your power supply.

That's weird! I just noticed that the files recorded after the 10s gap work as usual in datakam and registrator viewer but apparently dashcamviewer has problems processing the GPS info. The map position is not updated, speed is constant across a full file and the route is not shown. The speed overlay in the movie files is working properly.

That's weird! I just noticed that the files recorded after the 10s gap work as usual in datakam and registrator viewer but apparently dashcamviewer has problems processing the GPS info. The map position is not updated, speed is constant across a full file and the route is not shown. The speed overlay in the movie files is working properly.

Dashcam Viewer can have issues sometimes if the GPS signal is not present in the first section of a file, Registrator Viewer analyses the whole file not just the start so deals with that better

Dashcam Viewer can have issues sometimes if the GPS signal is not present in the first section of a file, Registrator Viewer analyses the whole file not just the start so deals with that better

Maybe this is something @traveler can improve further.

Speaking of silly questions, how do you turn off the start-up sound? I haven't found it in the menu and was thinking about that the other day. I'm going to have to take in my truck for service soon and don't want an audible reminder to the service techs that the dash cam turned on.

Speaking of silly questions, how do you turn off the start-up sound? I haven't found it in the menu and was thinking about that the other day. I'm going to have to take in my truck for service soon and don't want an audible reminder to the service techs that the dash cam turned on.

Beep Sound includes startup chime.

b4a2b6e1a60d070357b49af3a4b22304.jpg

that gave me an idea, mazda going in to get airbags replaced under warranty next week, I will turn the rear camera around SGZC12RC, so it points forward from the rear window to see what they get up to.

Guys, I am feeling sheepish right now :oops: I am pretty sure, @jokiin was spot on with his question regarding motion detection very early in this thread. I switched to the original power supply yesterday and hid the cable today. While sitting in the car I noticed that the blinking red LED was turning to a constant glow. The screen showed the animated recording icon but the time of the video was not advancing. Went back to the users manual and read that bit about motion detection again for the first time: "low light or mostly static scenes". The grey gaps appeared when driving at night and while waiting at a railroad crossing :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I haven't tested with motion detection switched off yet but it really seems this issue was an obvious case of RTFM. Apologies for bugging you guys throughout the past days and thanks again for your patience.

...Apologies for bugging you guys throughout the past days and thanks again for your patience.
Nothing to concern yourself about. You're not the first, nor will you be the last, to fall into that black hole.

Guys, I am feeling sheepish right now :oops: I am pretty sure, @jokiin was spot on with his question regarding motion detection very early in this thread. I switched to the original power supply yesterday and hid the cable today. While sitting in the car I noticed that the blinking red LED was turning to a constant glow. The screen showed the animated recording icon but the time of the video was not advancing. Went back to the users manual and read that bit about motion detection again for the first time: "low light or mostly static scenes". The grey gaps appeared when driving at night and while waiting at a railroad crossing :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I haven't tested with motion detection switched off yet but it really seems this issue was an obvious case of RTFM. Apologies for bugging you guys throughout the past days and thanks again for your patience.

to be fair there will be a German version of the manual available soon which should make life easier for customers there

That's no excuse ;) the manual is crystal clear even for Germans. I was more like "switch on all cool sounding features" w/o knowing what I was actually doing.

Btw, in case I can support translating the manual please let me know.

We had the first sunny days over here and it seems that in bright light with sun coming from behind everything looks a bit blurry. Windscreen is clean, polarizer is attached. In the morning or late afternoon hours overall video brightness is lower but sharpness seems to be higher. If this behavior is known I am fine - otherwise I will create some screenshots.

can you email me the pics or upload them to somewhere that isn't covered by popup ads, can't see them

Back