G1W Novatek 96650 WDR F1.6 H.264 MOV 15Mbps GPS Dash Cam DVR

That is what i used and had issues, and i checked today and the card worked fine in my Vico via adapter. I hope it is not my camera i do not want to go through the issues of sending it back.

My G1W gave errors when using Sandisk 16GB and 32GB Cards but both worked perfect on my K6000, Purchased 16GB Transcend Card and no more errors on G1W (all were Class 10). Will never use Sandisk Cards again (although they tested ok on H2testw).

Last edited:
that doesnt means sandisk is bad generally....
it just seems its not compatible with g1w

although if you google around you will find problems with sandisk cards somehow increaed in the last years...there may be a problem at their side causing this

Just wanted to share my experience with the G1W. Initially used a Kingston 4GB Class 4 MicoSDHC I had lying around with no problems. Then I got an Adata 32GB UHS-I Class 10 (AUSDH32GUICL10-RM3BKBL) which gave me a "memory error" message after 2-3 GB has been filled. Tried formatting on/off camera with various allocation sizes to no avail. Finally picked up a Transcend 32GB Class 10 card based on previous comments and now have no problems with continuous recording.

I don't think the black one is the same. The original LS300W / GT300W cameras came with the black board with GT300 stamp, Samsung memory and the "Tiotech" silk screened processor. This new black board is labeled S1088 and has Nanya memory.
I watched not in label ant chips, but in dash layout, other parts position, "wiring". If good understand gt300w are better dvr, so maybe motherboard should also better.

My blue G1W from estore.. ebay just arrived

Sent from my GT-I9295 using Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1383302433092.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1383302433092.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 40

They come in blue now too? Getting stylish although it looks like it is still trimmed in brown witch makes it look a little weird. I guess if you had a blue car or blue leather (You'd be surprised of the classic cars with blue leather) Might be one to consider.

On Amazon Germany they sell this camera for 54€ ($72,90) and wrote "Eingebaute GPS-Aufzeichnung Verkehrsgeschwindigkeit Fahrspur" What means -build in GPS recording, driving speed, 'driving lane'-

https://www.amazon.de/gp/B00FLUTIC0
Could that be a newer version of the camera?

5 colours from memory
Just looked eStore099 offers
Black, Brown and Blue with brown trim could not find the others

What means -build in GPS recording, driving speed, 'driving lane'-

To the best of my knowledge the G1W does not have GPS built in or external. Where the picture in the Amazon listing says AV Out my G1W from eStore009 has a thick sticker over the hole, and if taken off you can just look down at circuit board.

Last edited:
On Amazon Germany they sell this camera for 54€ ($72,90) and wrote "Eingebaute GPS-Aufzeichnung Verkehrsgeschwindigkeit Fahrspur" What means -build in GPS recording, driving speed, 'driving lane'-

https://www.amazon.de/gp/B00FLUTIC0
unlikely, probably false information
if you look at the seller description, he is in london... not germany
and 54€ + 3€shipping..... thats74$....for g1w which you can buy for ~60$ shipping included
maybe i should start a g1w business :D

Very pleased with the G1W Video and Audio (Day & Night) however checking the bit-rate over several Clips it never exceeded mid 12 Mbps, all top settings HD including HDR 60fps etc. but never managed 15 Mbps as quoted. (I know its variable) but not managed close to the quoted Specs.- my Bit-Rates measured using Windows Info.
Anyone getting close to the 15 Mbps !!

Date bitrate at 11.9Mbps, Total bitrate at 12.4Mbps.

Seems like quite consistent at those numbers...

Will depend which version you have, there are 3 different main boards for this model, only one of them has firmware that does 15Mbit recording

Here's my uploaded clip. EVat -1, default is little over exposure..

I decited to buy a G1W as a Christmas present for myself :D
I also want to buy it from estore.

But i have a question. Brown and Blue have the Firmware version 2013.0925.01.
The black one, has the firmware version 2013.05237.01

So Brown and Blue have a newer firmware, but are more noticable behind the windshield.
Black is more 'invisible' but has a older firmware.

Now i dont know what to choose :D What are the differences between the Firmware versions?

Here's my uploaded clip. EVat -1, default is little over exposure..

I have a black one from eStore009 and my time stamp is on the opposite side of yours. I have the green board from looking through the empty GPS or AVOut hole. Firmware is 2013.09.25.01 my bit rate is always around 12 bought around the beginning of October. A few days after i placed my order eStore started offering the brown color one, and said at the time i placed my order only black was available.

I don't know how i got a black cased one with the newer firmware.
33df8s0.jpg

Last edited:
I contacted estore009 now to ask cause of the firmware and they told me that they got a new arrival and all colors got the newest firmware now :)

Reactions: jwc
I have a black one from eStore009 and my time stamp is on the opposite side of yours. I have the green board from looking through the empty GPS or AVOut hole. Firmware is 2013.09.25.01 my bit rate is always around 12 bought around the beginning of October. A few days after i placed my order eStore started offering the brown color one, and said at the time i placed my order only black was available.

I don't know how i got a black cased one with the newer firmware.
33df8s0.jpg

Ditto i ordered in early October from Estore009 only black available , Firmware Vers. 2013.09.25.01 also ~ and Time Stamp is on the opposite Side to the Video !!

Last edited:
Lots of useful information here, I was originally thinking of getting a dvr-207 but then I ran across the reviews here and opted for a g1w instead. I purchased one from estore009. I sent the seller a message asking if the blacks had been updated to the new 0925 firmware or not, otherwise I asked them to send me a blue one. It would be easy to use vinyl to wrap the front to hide the color.

Back