G1WH with a -new- chipset @ estore009

Thank you, TheCheat. :)

I now need to scour this forum again and locate info about how to stick the suction cup in the dot-dot area of the windshield.

Cheers

Thank you jokiin :)

One question though, re. g-sensor: if it is completely off, would it still save impact footage? And specifically, would it save minor slow-speed impact footage?

The reason I ask is, here in India, traffic is so dense that most impacts occur at a little over walking or jogging speeds.

Cheers

if you have a large enough memory card (at least 32gb since they're very cheap right now) you don't have to worry about it accidentally being erased as long as you copy it within a few hours of driving time.

I have my camera hardwired into my Jetta (2003 MKIV wagon/estate) and I used the cigarette lighter adapter it came with (well, the previous cam's but whatever) and a fuse tap.

But not that one since it's for mini fuses but you get the idea. Pick any fuse that is normally energized with the key on (like the horn fuse) and pop it in. You should get one of those hardwire usb wires but I used a lighter plug adapter and plugged the included power cord into that. There is tons of room inside the fuse panel. I had run the wire up the kick panel and through the a pillar cover. It's possible that you could get key switched power out of the dome light but I didn't try.

in most cars, the horn is live all the time. very few cars have the electric windows live all the time, and basically zero cars have the radio live all the time. these are better circuits to tap into.

Thank you, TheCheat. :)

I now need to scour this forum again and locate info about how to stick the suction cup in the dot-dot area of the windshield.

Cheers

search for "pringles" - basically you glue the lid of a Pringles potato chip can to the windshield using some clear adhesive and now you have a solid place to attach a suction cup. either that or you can get a plain adhesive mount from amazon/ebay/etc. https://www.amazon.com/gp/B00W6YT7UM

in most cars, the horn is live all the time. very few cars have the electric windows live all the time, and basically zero cars have the radio live all the time. these are better circuits to tap into.

The horn circuit in my MKIV Jetta, so... 1999-2005 - can only honk the horn with they key turned to accessory or on. Ultimately whatever circuit that is active when the car is on and off with the key out is fine if you use the fuse tap the right way. Tilt said they had a VW, wasn't specific to a model year but I would guess MKIV to MKVI is most likely and they probably are wired similarly. Although they mentioned the dotted area so probably a newer car.

Ebay has a ton of low profile mounts that have double stick tape on them. I'm going to get one myself since the suction cup mounts fall after a while and the mount it comes with is rather big. I think it ended up being about $3.95 usd.

Edit: here it is https://www.ebay.com/itm/371489007319

Pringles! Now that's an innovative solution worthy of how we solve things in India :) We call it "Jugaad" and it basically denotes McGuyvering :)

Cheers

Pringles! Now that's an innovative solution worthy of how we solve things in India :) We call it "Jugaad" and it basically denotes McGuyvering :)

Cheers
Here it's called "Jerry-rigging", "Jury-rigging", or sometimes "african-engineering" (which is a supposedly politically correct version of the older "n_____-rigging" phrase). Otherwise known as MODIFICATIONS!

:D

i can't claim credit for the Pringles thing. i saw it here on the forum shortly after i joined.

I just bought a G1WHT few weeks ago. Enabled the loop for 3mins. However, whenever the 32GB memory card is full, it just doesn't record.

1.G-sensor is close state.
2.mobile detection close
3. "Auto Power Off"
4 update firmware to G1wHT-301-160223ZXE (not sure is this the latest firmware as can hardly locate)

Not sure how to resolve this issue. Any guidance?

I just bought a G1WHT few weeks ago. Enabled the loop for 3mins. However, whenever the 32GB memory card is full, it just doesn't record.

1.G-sensor is close state.
2.mobile detection close
3. "Auto Power Off"
4 update firmware to G1wHT-301-160223ZXE (not sure is this the latest firmware as can hardly locate)

Not sure how to resolve this issue. Any guidance?
What card are you using?

Using Kingston 32GB Class 10 Micro SD (SDHC) -product code FLASHSDKS006-4 (http://www.msy.com.au/peripherals/16312-kingston-sdc10g2-32gbfr-32gb-class10-micro-sd-sdhc.html) - I thought any Micros SD card with 32GB and Class 6 and above will do?

Thanks for the advice. As I've spent $ buying a new 32GB, I wouldn't want to spend $ buying few 32SDCard to test it. Wondering would it be the same if I use any 128MB or 256MB Micro SD card - or must it be a 32GB? You have any idea where to download latest firmware for G1WHT? Some people on forum said could be firmware version.

Thanks for the advice. As I've spent $ buying a new 32GB, I wouldn't want to spend $ buying few 32SDCard to test it. Wondering would it be the same if I use any 128MB or 256MB Micro SD card - or must it be a 32GB? You have any idea where to download latest firmware for G1WHT? Some people on forum said could be firmware version.
I think you meant 128GB or 256GB, not MB, but anyway the answer is: no. There are reports from Novatek G1W-H's owners who successfully managed to use 64GB cards but I don't think these "new" G1W-HT can support them.

I think you meant 128GB or 256GB, not MB, but anyway the answer is: no. There are reports from Novatek G1W-H's owners who successfully managed to use 64GB cards but I don't think these "new" G1W-HT can support them.

The G sensor has all the while been disabled. If Kingston 32Gb has card full issue, I also saw sandisk has similar issue. So which brand to use? What and where to download latest firmware?

Transcend is good, so is Lexar. That being said, it could be the camera.

Using Kingston 32GB Class 10 Micro SD (SDHC)
try a different card, I've had problems with the same cards recently
Mine has been working non-stop and problem-free for 16 months now and in 3 different cameras (5 if I include the Mobius and the MateGo). I don't know if you're referring to problems with recent cards, if so maybe them don't make them like they use to anymore.

Anyway, with these new chipsets we can't be sure what cards work and what cards don't. As @ThePro said, it may as well be the camera.

Mine has been working non-stop and problem-free for 16 months now and in 3 different cameras (5 if I include the Mobius and the MateGo). I don't know if you're referring to problems with recent cards, if so maybe them don't make them like they use to anymore..

I was using Kingston cards for over a year without issue, I had a recent batch issue though and was getting many failed cards, from the same supplier also

Has anyone found any alternative firmwares for the G1WHT?
The firmware (G1WHT-301-150810V01LD) in my camera is so buggy it has a mind of it's own but I can't find any firmware updates anywhere on the net :(

Back