There were a few video reviews on youtube with footage that showed some vibration in the video while driving. Might have been due to the weak mount to the camera. I see some of the newer ones have a different a mount so that might have corrected the issue.

I see. Ours did not have this problem yet, so I think it's safe to buy it from us.;)

Update on October 11th

1. Only $87.88 shipped for DAB205 3.0 inch 2560 x 1440P Full HD Car DVR Recorder Coupon: CAR18OFF

1472787358905226.jpg

Main Features:
● 170-degree ultra wide angle lens
● 2560 x 1440P HD resolution
● Advanced H.264 video compression technology
● 3.0 inch high-resolution LCD, can view while recording
● Support HDMI high-quality video transmission
● Gravity sensor to keep the video not covered in case of an emergency
● Seamless loop recording, won't leak a second
● Automatic circulating recording, it's able to set the record time for each file
● Support motion detection
● Automatically turn on / off function
● Support charge and transmission through USB
● Support maximum 512GB TF card memory storage
● Support GPS tracking function
● 190mAh rechargeable Li-ion

2. Only $39.99 shipped for Q6 WiFi 4K Ultra HD Action Sport Camera- EU PLUG BLACK

1471576285346942.jpg

Main Features:
4K 30fps resolution video shooting for an full HD image
Up to 16 megapixel image resolution, makes image clearer and more vivid
2.0 inch full color LCD display
Professional 30M waterproof housing
170 degree wide-angle lens, wider image and more real natural scene
Slow motion, a detailed record of every wonderful moment
Loop recording function: when the recording time exceeds the setting recording time, the latest video segment will cover the earliest segment

Hi GEARBEST,

I bought an AUSDOM A261 from your website in April this year and after two months the display turned completely white, rendering it unuseable and therefore i proceed to request for a RMA.
The DVR was sent back to GEARBEST (GB) at my cost, and after a month GB replied to me saying that GB technician cannot repair the DVR.
GB offers to compensate me USD40 + some points.... what the hell ?

I paid close to USD90 for the DVR, and rightfully GB should either refund me the full amount, or give me a replacement since the DVR is still under warranty.

I do hope GB is reading this, please honor your warranty policy, and stop the nonsense.
I will update status here for all to see till the case is resolved.

Hi GEARBEST,

I bought an AUSDOM A261 from your website in April this year and after two months the display turned completely white, rendering it unuseable and therefore i proceed to request for a RMA.
The DVR was sent back to GEARBEST (GB) at my cost, and after a month GB replied to me saying that GB technician cannot repair the DVR.
GB offers to compensate me USD40 + some points.... what the hell ?

I paid close to USD90 for the DVR, and rightfully GB should either refund me the full amount, or give me a replacement since the DVR is still under warranty.

I do hope GB is reading this, please honor your warranty policy, and stop the nonsense.
I will update status here for all to see till the case is resolved.

Hi D201 SG,

Before I can say any detail about the solution, please tell me your order number.

Regards,
Gearbest

Hi D201 SG,

Before I can say any detail about the solution, please tell me your order number.

Regards,
Gearbest

thanks for the prompt reply, my order number is W1604071229395640.

thanks for the prompt reply, my order number is W1604071229395640.

Hi there,

I have checked with the Ausdom engineer who was following up with your RMA.

Ausdom said that the fault is not due to hardware defect and could have been caused by user damage, misuse or external causes. And this is not covered in our warranty policy.

According to your order number, you have used the product for 4+ months.

We are unable to do a full refund or give a replacement as per your request.

But we are willing to do a partial refund $45 to you, since you bought the product priced at $76.98 as per your order number.

Please do go through our warranty and return policy.

http://www.gearbest.com/about/warranty-and-return.html

Regards,
Gearbest

Hi there,

I have checked with the Ausdom engineer who was following up with your RMA.

Ausdom said that the fault is not due to hardware defect and could have been caused by user damage, misuse or external causes. And this is not covered in our warranty policy.

According to your order number, you have used the product for 4+ months.

We are unable to do a full refund or give a replacement as per your request.

But we are willing to do a partial refund $45 to you, since you bought the product priced at $76.98 as per your order number.

Please do go through our warranty and return policy.

http://www.gearbest.com/about/warranty-and-return.html

Regards,
Gearbest

Caused by user damage, misuse or external causes ??
The DVR was simply stuck to my windscreen, that's it... what user damage are you talking about ??
There is no external damage, unit was not opened up, firmware was intact... if AUSDOM says it is not hardware defect, then what is it ??
The unit is still under warranty, so what if i have used it for few months? GB still has to honor the the warranty.

this is the photo I sent to GB for the RMA, and based on that the RMA was approved. In your earlier reply to the ticket GB mentioned the unit was beyond repair, and nothing was mentioned abt user damage... and now you change the story to say that it is damage caused by user.... but no details was given as to what is the damage about...

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    122.2 KB · Views: 8
Caused by user damage, misuse or external causes ??
The DVR was simply stuck to my windscreen, that's it... what user damage are you talking about ??
There is no external damage, unit was not opened up, firmware was intact... if AUSDOM says it is not hardware defect, then what is it ??
The unit is still under warranty, so what if i have used it for few months? GB still has to honor the the warranty.

Actually, they don't know what the exact reason, so their technician cannot repair the DVR. It might caused by user damage, misuse or external causes.

If what you said was true, the result is that the dvr get damaged after you used 4+ months. We need to refund you!

However, we are unable to do a full refund or give a replacement as per your request. Please read our warranty and return policy!

The warranty starts from the day when you received the dvr, and your order number shows that you received it since April 12, 2016.

We only can do a do a partial refund, because you used the dvr for 4+ months. Only within 45 days of receiving the item can get full refund and you need to send back the the item to us. Return shipping reimbursement is not available for this

14615582_1810163772597660_7825417099774040392_o.png

According to your case, the best solution is the partial refund.

Actually, they don't know what the exact reason, so their technician cannot repair the DVR. It might caused by user damage, misuse or external causes.

If what you said was true, the result is that the dvr get damaged after you used 4+ months. We need to refund you!

However, we are unable to do a full refund or give a replacement as per your request. Please read our warranty and return policy!

The warranty starts from the day when you received the dvr, and your order number shows that you received it since April 12, 2016.

We only can do a do a partial refund, because you used the dvr for 4+ months. Only within 45 days of receiving the item can get full refund and you need to send back the the item to us. Return shipping reimbursement is not available for this

14615582_1810163772597660_7825417099774040392_o.png

According to your case, the best solution is the partial refund.

I did not ask for a refund in the first place... the DVR was returned to you for repair... but if your guys cannot repair it then you should do something else, example replacing the faulty components, or even sending me a refurbished unit... and not simply saying it cannot be repaired and I have to accept it.... by the way, can you explain to the fellow forummers here how does your 1- year warranty work ?

This is the first time I hear such explanation that the warranty is pro-rated.. if that is what you meant.

<<<Actually, they don't know what the exact reason, so their technician cannot repair the DVR. It might caused by user damage, misuse or external causes.>>>

this is the most absurd reason I have heard so far.... your guys don't know the cause of the defect, but does not hesitate to blame the user...

Bro,

GB said it "could have been caused by user damage, misuse or external causes". Didn't say it's was you who spoilt it.

I just read thru their warranty policy and it's stated there if they are unable to repair, they'll offer an alternative solution.

Anyway they are offering you us$45 partial refund from us$76.98 as the alternative solution. Which I think it's fair.

Your order have passed more than 45 days for the full refund.

They are just following their warranty policy.

reality is they just fob anyone off whenever possible, the 12 month warranty they promote and what they actually offer that is buried in fine print is not in line with what any reasonable person would consider a 12 month warranty means

Bro,

GB said it "could have been caused by user damage, misuse or external causes". Didn't say it's was you who spoilt it.

I just read thru their warranty policy and it's stated there if they are unable to repair, they'll offer an alternative solution.

Anyway they are offering you us$45 partial refund from us$76.98 as the alternative solution. Which I think it's fair.

Your order have passed more than 45 days for the full refund.

I agree on the "alternative solution" part of it, but it should not be at my cost when the item is still under warranty. Warranty does not work that way... if you provide an alternative solution, it should be at least of equal if not higher value.

I am sure I am not the first "victim" here... and won't be the last... however, I will not give up... I have to fight for my rights as a consumer...... I bought the DVR from GB based on the positive feedbacks given by others, and also because they provide a so-called 1-year warranty....

fyi, i also bought from GB a Dome D201 in Feb. this year, just hope it can last till Feb.2017, else it will be a double-whammy :(

this is taken from the AUSDOM website

Attachments

• Ausdom Warranty.jpg
    Ausdom Warranty.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 15
Back