Gitup G3 Video Thread

Nigel

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Gitup F1+G3ꞈꞈꞈꞈꞈ Viofo A229ꞈꞈꞈꞈꞈ Blueskysea B4K
Some Videos from the pre-production Gitup G3 Duo (Git3):

Testing the Gyro Stabiliser on my bicycle over rough road, includes rear camera footage:

Testing the Gyro Stabiliser with 2.2x zoom while walking:

Gitup G3 Video (approaching view) mixed with DJI Phantom 4 video (air) and Gitup Git2 video (departing), cloudy @ 7PM.

Similar but sunny and with a faster train:

Use as a dashcam with front and rear views @ sunset:

What is the max FPS video it can handle.

60 FPS on the front camera with no rear camera attached, much like the 0906

What is the max FPS video it can handle.
At 1080 resolution, max is either 60fps with a single view or 30fps with dual view video.
At 720 resolution, max is 120 fps.
At resolutions above 1080, max is 30fps.

Can it do 1440p 4:3 @60fps? Would also be interesting to see what the bitrates are too...

Can it do 1440p 4:3 @60fps? Would also be interesting to see what the bitrates are too...
I suspect the processor can't manage 60fps at that resolution and it is not in my current firmware, but it does do 30fps:

Bit rate : 36.4 Mb/s
Width : 1 920 pixels
Height : 1 440 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 4:3
Frame rate mode : Constant
Frame rate : 30.000 FPS​

Looks surprisingly good, don't really notice the 30fps unless I move the camera fast, although it's not sunny at the moment, maybe it's able to use a slow shutter speed.

The lens has been calibrated, exposure lock is working, the blacks are properly black and a few other improvements :)

There is some extra info on the subtitles if you turn them on.

We have some sunshine :)

Trying out the Gitup G3 Zoom function, note that it is all handheld using the gyro stabilisation and it is rather too windy for audio, except the microphone did OK anyway, as did the lens when looking directly into the sun - see any lens reflections?

Some unedited frame grabs so that you can see the original quality:

y4mX-Q9tbJ_u-TC2pfyF8TO9Fv5_xGWMOkBthoZQa5Gu86PkASlRza24VaCC-KkHjBR4f2_YKQEDjSNfDOH8Lb9DKYNp2SaB6AGQqV8hmBvaJqN6o-3Sr7fF4MEQcnL1kdHjVSMOWNyD-CfUHMlj0Z6PrCbKekuq6v7vrNLq7jaQ4SZmvHK9DM91EXMs5Ek_pOMX0cNrjUkSOnI0ZIX5G1RHw

y4mgCq31MH72hf_l90Ut1mDA88NkFpu720vCsvelU3AE2lBp8A0G-v__4wjJoqo4RMV_fDdLt5cyNEY61HfNoy1tVIXeu2D6CEGc02yx34Zt0KlnUTO5I3DCFYqZvh3kScRNqSp1yhIPz5QqO3H0kKtN0wpzqMQw1ifvbDZjy66IE9g3ZwsAgoYfjcr4zHd4Fsfq3i4sFSqhVkP4unlormcjQ

y4m_WuRn3AjeRDcnOwjYXXya55Q0MRFCG8BDQj4bEAKKrWA105lFLUW2rtKp15BbX8KhJGPM_U2MRhD2uzyqPMv9b8gEv9J3IpvrHdVS_rpU-nc-ImXXlzkpZ75pzGYegWDVJp4S6okleH7hq3qW-HDdmIW2uKY-MyVSJQOZWmoj6Qb0YH0Ko9YFoBQmyUuVXjjqDWjpyZ2D2_V0wXjkburfg

y4mLlAfv-KAhySPkUbx7o8sIzDYugYaIe8i55bdAngBZhw8w5kH2z7K6AVO3ZyIsw65aFGbNFMMSfec0OXANOG0jOYDx_LAlrrWibOMJCzMmAu33eXt2Akt7OWwaIopMoLTv3IBgsecKIDxqmrcQxi9rj97EMabem4LOJYbqMdnkZmRZGOpb7jiKO1ONR5Lji1-ZOPEPWW_Lns3-ZUdhQEYRg

Looks good. How does the duo work. Is it 2 same cameras link together? I'm thinking of buying for my motorbike and wondered if 90deg lens will be available?

Looks good. How does the duo work. Is it 2 same cameras link together? I'm thinking of buying for my motorbike and wondered if 90deg lens will be available?
You don't really need a 90 degree lens if you use the zoom feature since it can give you a 90 degree FOV from the standard lens and the quality doesn't really change if you are using 1080 resolution.

The dual cameras look like this, but note that there is no gyro stabilisation if recording both simultaneously, not sure how important that is on a motor bike:
G3_02.jpg

A Gitup G3 audio test, from the waves on the sea shore to a rock concert to fireworks.

Most of it was recorded using a BOYA LM20 external microphone to avoid problems with the wind, but I can't actually hear much difference between that and the internal microphone. It seems to cope with wind better than the Git2, it just sounds like wind instead of sounding like a problem.

Sample rate is 44.1 kHz, same as the Git2, same as a CD. Encoded using AAC with variable bitrate but averaging 112kbps.

Even with an external microphone, the G3 records a single channel, no stereo recording.

One more video from Youtube with G3 Duo and slave camera:

You don't really need a 90 degree lens if you use the zoom feature since it can give you a 90 degree FOV from the standard lens and the quality doesn't really change if you are using 1080 resolution.

The dual cameras look like this, but note that there is no gyro stabilisation if recording both simultaneously, not sure how important that is on a motor bike:
G3_02.jpg

Thanks for the reply. I record my bike trackdays and fisheye seems to make everything look further away than it is.

Good info on stabalisation. I haven't played with EIS on track and it may smooth it too much loosing the sense of speed.

I take it the duo records 2 seperate files and PiP is done in editing?

I've just sold my Sony Cams as they couldnt deal with the vibrations and kept switching off.

Yes, the main and slave camera record separate files, need do editing for PIP.

Yeah the wide angle lenses on dash and action cameras can cause things to warp and appear further away than they really are.

The new pinnacle studio 21 have gotten a dewarp feature, but this still dont change that things appear further away.

Do the git 3 have build in dewarp ? for the front camera at least.

Yeah the wide angle lenses on dash and action cameras can cause things to warp and appear further away than they really are.

The new pinnacle studio 21 have gotten a dewarp feature, but this still dont change that things appear further away.

Do the git 3 have build in dewarp ? for the front camera at least.

I doubt it very much. The OP Nigel mentioned you can zoom in a little to reduce FOV without loosing quality in 1080p which will help with depth but I presume it will still suffer from lens distortion which I suppose you can reduce later in editing if you have the patience.

There's no jack of all trades it seems.

Yeah zooming like that should take care of that, looking forward to see much more git 3 footage

If you zoom in a bit then the fisheye reduces and things appear closer, if you zoom in to 90 degrees FOV then you have similar fisheye to a 90 degree lens - very little.

There is no de-warp function, except to zoom in to reduce the fisheye, you can of course do it on the computer but I've not found it a big issue on the G3.

Good info on stabalisation. I haven't played with EIS on track and it may smooth it too much loosing the sense of speed.
With the Git2, it normally looks really good on trackdays with EIS, best mounted on the fuel tank so you can see the instruments and handlebars bouncing around on the bumps while the horizon stays perfectly steady. I've not seen a G3 on a trackday yet.

I've just sold my Sony Cams as they couldnt deal with the vibrations and kept switching off.
With zero moving parts it is pretty good on vibrations.

I'm just getting into action cams now and am looking to get one. Is the G3 or F1 more suitable for motorcycle rides?

I was gonna order a git2 but it *seems* git3 will be out soon?

From all the comparison videos of non-GoPro cams, the git cameras seem to have the best gyro stabilization which is definitely useful for motorbikes.

Can these cameras record while charging at the same time?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B Git3 1
Z Git3 2
BCHobbyist Git3 23
I Git3 8
A Git3 13
Back