GitUp Git2- Support, FAQ, Review

I am going out now at -12 degrees outside for about an hour. Its sunny right now so its my chance to see how this things can do great video. Will get back to you guys!

From my observations, camera has software stabilisation based on data from gyro inside. It's obvious because when you turn off gyro stabilisation video gets even more viewing angle and a bit more resolution. So with gyro on videos have only near 1080p resolution.. so stabilisation is made by software which makes crop from sensor and moves it based on gyro data to maintain fluid move and get rid of shakes...

Reactions: J.A
From my observations, camera has software stabilisation based on data from gyro inside. It's obvious because when you turn off gyro stabilisation video gets even more viewing angle and a bit more resolution. So with gyro on videos have only near 1080p resolution.. so stabilisation is made by software which makes crop from sensor and moves it based on gyro data to maintain fluid move and get rid of shakes...

that's basically how they all work unless it's OIS

Reactions: Mtz

Its really that. The gyro is hardware for providing necessary data. There is also a software part to this which take this data to stabilize the video. That how i see it.

Has anybody experienced an issue with the screen becoming overly bright? So much so I really can't see what is going on. The camera was fine for the first week I had it but the contrast changed suddenly the other day whilst I was using it. I have updated the firmware just in case it was a software issue but I still have the same problem?

Attachments

• 20160207_161933.jpg
    20160207_161933.jpg
    330.1 KB · Views: 25
This is the first time I see this problem which is real. Try to take out the battery for about 1 hour.
China is in 2 weeks holiday and the gitup answers are not coming fast in this period.

enjoy,
Mtz

This afternoon I tested a external microphone. It cost only 2€ and work very good.

Audio sensitivity in cam: Low

Some pics and video:

8caf5faca4a51b57d4abc8a08a5cf890.jpg

ebe0694148a51a8830202c8bfb6035ea.jpg

1076d8d04cf32488862b1b93d297dee7.jpg

Mic:
http://m.aliexpress.com/item/323305...p-MD-VOIP&tracelog=wwwdetail2mobilesitedetail

Where did you get this cable from?
OE69dsb.png

Is it a "GoPro HERO3 Mini USB to 3.5mm Audio Adapter"?
(or is it a generic brand?)
w79R949.png

Last edited:
Take care with adapters because not all are working. First, it must to be compatible with Hero 4 and to be sure it is working with GoPro, not just advertised. Maybe @Nigel will give you more advices.
GitUp have their microphone on their site. It is looking like this:

Git2 microphone.jpg

enjoy,
Mtz

This afternoon I tested a external microphone. It cost only 2€ and work very good.

Audio sensitivity in cam: Low

Some pics and video:
I see that your mic is stereo but I only hear right channel. I think that the adapter is not doing it's job properly.

I see that your mic is stereo but I only hear right channel. I think that the adapter is not doing it's job properly.
I have the same adapter and it really works just for one channel. And another one from GearBest (with straight micro-USB connector) also have just two wires in cable (instead of 3 required for stereo). So if you want stereo now you can buy expensive GoPro adapter or you can make adapter yourself.

Yes. Buying only original gopro or you can make adapter yourself.
I bought this, and all is well.))
Yes :) I'm also ordered connectors from eBay. So I hope some day I'll receive them and I'll make stereo adapter

Yes, the adapter is mono. I knew but I want test the position of microphone
I made a 10 pin conector but the resistor was 33KOhm. When I get a resistor of 330KOhm (stereo) I will try

December is not the latest firmware. Check the firmware thread in this forum and make sure you follow the upgrade instructions exactly. It's not the same as previous upgrades.

Back