GitUp Git2- Support, FAQ, Review

may i know how the charging working? any light indication to know it is fully charged?

may i know how the charging working? any light indication to know it is fully charged?
If you connect it with wall charger, please ensure the input is 5V 1A, and set the auto power off to off.
You can check the battery indicator on the left bottom corner.
If you connect it with computer, there is no good way to know if is fully charged.
We suggest charge it for 1 to 2 hours.

The charging procedure will be improved in next firmware, so you will know when is fully charged.

On the git1, the front led will be on solid green (not flashing) when the battery is full. I assume the git2 is the same. This is with the camera connected to a regular wall charger, not a computer.

I have received my Git2 from Gitup but have not had the time to do extensive testing yet due to family being down with cold bug etc.
I have to say that low-light performance thus far in Photos and Video have not been great. By low light, I meant in a car park basement that wasn't very well lit and my own dining area which mostly uses yellow/white energy-saving LED bulbs.

Are there any settings I should optimize for lower-light situations? Gyro off etc?
The gyro does make a huge difference! Especially when chasing a toddler all over!

I hope to get outdoors with it soon in the day and shoot some video/photos. I'm waiting for my dashboard and helmet mount so I can do more soon.

Are there any settings I should optimize for lower-light situations? Gyro off etc?
The gyro does make a huge difference! Especially when chasing a toddler all over!
First check to see if you have the latest firmware, as available on gitup.com, I'm guessing you haven't...

I have decided to cancel my gearbest order. They are slow in shipping and price dropped drastically as compared to pre launch. It makes people who placed order earlier really sick.

Yes , you are rigth, I take the preorder around the 23-25 october at full price, then after they drop the price . We are the one that take the risk when we order the first batch and for the next batch , they drop the price. I m still waiting for it and I don t know if I will get trouble with the focus when my camera will show up.

Yes , you are rigth, I take the preorder around the 23-25 october at full price, then after they drop the price . We are the one that take the risk when we order the first batch and for the next batch , they drop the price. I m still waiting for it and I don t know if I will get trouble with the focus when my camera will show up.

Good luck to your order and hope you enjoy your camera. For me, I will wait for a better timing and hopefully a reliable supplier who can commit to a definite delivery date.

First check to see if you have the latest firmware, as available on gitup.com, I'm guessing you haven't...

Actually, it was delivered with the latest firmware. Gitup did great in this regard! To be fair though, I'm not sure what good low-light performance on an action cam should look like. That photo up top with the sun looked great for sure. I will post photos when I have more experience on the Git2. (to ensure I know what I'm doing)

I do have a question for the experienced users of the Git series. I know I can switch the FOV in Video mode to Narrow or Wide. But how can I do something similar in Photo mode? Switching between 4:3 and 16:9 didn't seem to have a huge effect. Of course, I am still learning to use this cam.

I do have a question for the experienced users of the Git series. I know I can switch the FOV in Video mode to Narrow or Wide. But how can I do something similar in Photo mode? Switching between 4:3 and 16:9 didn't seem to have a huge effect. Of course, I am still learning to use this cam.
Plan to implement the FOV option for photo in next firmware.

while playing with my camera today and i found this :oops: the screw was exerting too much force to the cover.

http://s28.postimg.org/vhsqu4lxn/IMG_7163_1.jpg
http://s11.postimg.org/o02jhwhi9/IMG_7165_1.jpg
I noticed that, will check further tomorrow.
Normally there is no waterproof problem, we test every piece before shipping.
Each one will take 4 to 5 mins to test the waterproof feature.
If you use the camera with our waterproof in correct way and got water in the camera, we will replace to you.
Normally action camera manufacturers will not repair the camera which damaged in the water as the PCB board damaged.

Gitup, is there a link to your English manual anywhere? Mine came with Chinese and I'm not uhm very good at reading technical stuff in Chinese. :p

Also, is there a way to enable the settings currently used to appear in the video/photo like I've seen with SJCAM? It would show like Gyro: On etc.
Anyway to enable these at all? So I can see how each setting affects stuff in different environments etc.

Thanks!

I noticed that, will check further tomorrow.
Normally there is no waterproof problem, we test every piece before shipping.
Each one will take 4 to 5 mins to test the waterproof feature.
If you use the camera with our waterproof in correct way and got water in the camera, we will replace to you.
Normally action camera manufacturers will not repair the camera which damaged in the water as the PCB board damaged.

hi, i was shocked because it is a quality check problem which they overlooked. The plastic frame was cracked as shown in the second photo as well.

Gitup, is there a link to your English manual anywhere? Mine came with Chinese and I'm not uhm very good at reading technical stuff in Chinese. :p

Also, is there a way to enable the settings currently used to appear in the video/photo like I've seen with SJCAM? It would show like Gyro: On etc.
Anyway to enable these at all? So I can see how each setting affects stuff in different environments etc.

Thanks!
Please check the english manual here: git2 manual.
Some icons will be showed on LCD screen like audio mute, Gyro, etc.
After enable the Gyro, you can see the "palm" icon on the bottom.
Remind us to introduce what's the meaning about the icon.

Thanks!
her is the english version
http://www.gitup.com/support/GIT2 Quick Start Guide.pdf

Please check the english manual here: git2 manual.
Some icons will be showed on LCD screen like audio mute, Gyro, etc.
After enable the Gyro, you can see the "palm" icon on the bottom.
Remind us to introduce what's the meaning about the icon.

Thanks Gitup and aim120 for the manual link! Actually, I meant to show them in the video or photo! Not the screen! I don't suppose this is possible yet?

Thanks Gitup and aim120 for the manual link! Actually, I meant to show them in the video or photo! Not the screen! I don't suppose this is possible yet?
I see you mentioned this, is there a way to enable the settings currently used to appear in the video/photo like I've seen with SJCAM?
Can you show me a example about the SJCAM show the settings on video/photo?

Back