GitUp Git2- Support, FAQ, Review

I just ordered that Hero4 UV lens, will check it and update the status.

I suggest waiting to see what GitUp's narrow angle, low distortion lens can do, should be a lot cheaper and work well, and have firmware to support it if a different calibration is needed. Of course it depends what you want to do with it, if you really want zero.zero fisheye distortion and don't want to correct it post recording then it will be expensive.

I dont care for fisheye, this camera is going to be more used for vacation stuff and filming kids sports (on a tripod possibly, not hand held for sports stuff) nothing to serious, just a fun, lightweight camera to have around. I would rather not edit in post with After Effects or Premiere Pro to correct fisheye effect, thats why i would rather pay for a lens with improved optics. Any other suggestions out here than wait and see what gitup comes out with?

Thanks for your help. I was afraid of quick aging my batteries.
By the way I did put the firmware update bin at the root of an exfat sd and no upgrade happens. Any idea why?
Any way to know the actual FW ver?

Thanks for your help. I was afraid of quick aging my batteries.
By the way I did put the firmware update bin at the root of an exfat sd and no upgrade happens. Any idea why?
Any way to know the actual FW ver?
Firmware update only works on FAT32 format cards - normally 32GB or less unless you do a special format.

Purfect ^^
Thanks, it works.
Found date time settings and version info.

I was looking at something without a fisheye lens, like maybe this 5.4mm lens for instance, would it work with the Gitup Git2?

https://www.peauproductions.com/collections/gopro-hero-4-black-silver-lenses/products/gp54025

Or where do you buy this lens you used in your youtube video?

We are waiting more use to test our new smaller FOV lens, it is F2.8 1600M 8G lens, this one is higher than the standard version.
90 FOV lens.jpg IMG_4135.JPG

Do you know how to adjust the focus?

Also we can sell the lens with the Sony IMX206 Sensor board, so you can avoid adjusting the focus, just replace the sensor board.

you will be fine. the camera will only draw what it needs. i charge my git1 from a 2.1A charger.
Yes, sometime we use the power bank to charge the camera, the output is marked as 5V 2A, it seems no problem.

New lens look good :cool: ( video ) ;)

We are waiting more use to test our new smaller FOV lens, it is F2.8 1600M 8G lens, this one is higher than the standard version.
Do you know how to adjust the focus?
Also we can sell the lens with the Sony IMX206 Sensor board, so you can avoid adjusting the focus, just replace the sensor board.

This looks awesome! How soon will it be available to buy the lens/system board?

I know the gitup app isn't available at the minute, what other apps do people use with android?

Hi everyone! I'm newbie too.

I've purchased a Git2 yesterday from GB... The hard waiting begins for me. :)

I have the same question.

I'm searching info about what protective lens fits, like these, but for Git2:

I'm not interested in a 37 mm lens, or similar. I only want to protect the camera lens when I use it without case.

Does anyone have some information about it?

Thanks and sorry for my bad engish.

Greetings!

Other option to protective lens:

Yes, sometime we use the power bank to charge the camera, the output is marked as 5V 2A, it seems no problem.
Hi there,
sorry but I don't know how the msgs work over here on this forum so I just replied to a comment of yours. Gitup if you could check your inbox please I have sent you a message just waiting for your response. :)
Thanks

you will be fine. the camera will only draw what it needs. i charge my git1 from a 2.1A charger.
It can be used on Git2, but not so tight compared with on GoPro.
IMG_4141.JPG

It can be used on Git2, but not so tight compared with on GoPro.
View attachment 19469
A small piece of electrical tape at the top on the inside will solve that, then you put it on with the tape over the flat area at the top of the Git2 lens holder and then twist to lock it in place, it will be a good firm fit until you twist it back so you can remove it.

Does this lens protector is just for that (protection), or does it have some kind of filter? it goods news that with little modification, it will be easy to use the all the different GoPro filter lenses available... does anyone already tested a polarized filter on the Git 2?

I't's exactly what I'm looking for.

And I like Nigel solution to fit the lens with electrical tape... It's very helpful!

@gito75 , I like that case with lens too. I love that this camera fits in almost all GoPro accessories.

Many thanks for the info.

Does this lens protector is just for that (protection), or does it have some kind of filter? it goods news that with little modification, it will be easy to use the all the different GoPro filter lenses available... does anyone already tested a polarized filter on the Git 2?
I have used a polariser filter, very good when used as a dashcam to remove the windscreen reflections. Outside the car I found it of limited use as it tends to increase the contrast which normally does not improve the result on the Git2. On the Git1 I use the polariser a lot, mainly because it halves the light so doubles the exposure time which tends to make the 30fps reasonably smooth when otherwise you see the individual frames, but on the Git2 I always use 60fps so that is not so much of an issue but if you do want to in really bright weather then a neutral density filter might be better on the Git2. Of course a polariser is still good for rock pools on the beach to remove reflections on any camera.

A close up filter can also be very useful, a x3 puts the camera in focus from around 40 cm instead of needing to be 90cm away, good for small animals, or even if you want to talk to the camera without either being out of focus or rather small.

The IR filters are really just for protection and coloured filters are unnecessary because you can use the custom white balance instead.

I have used FN Cam in android also. It has a few more features. the only complaint i have with it is that it puts a big yellow FUSION NEXT logo in the middle of the screen while using the app. it's transparent, but still annoying. does not affect your videos or anything - just kinda weird.

I have used FN Cam in android also. It has a few more features. the only complaint i have with it is that it puts a big yellow FUSION NEXT logo in the middle of the screen while using the app. it's transparent, but still annoying. does not affect your videos or anything - just kinda weird.

that's the incentive for the manufacturer to buy their paid version instead ;)

I just reciev my preorder camera today. It was ship from gearbest on the 15 november. Thank you gearbest!

Back