GitUp Git2- Support, FAQ, Review

I see you mentioned this, is there a way to enable the settings currently used to appear in the video/photo like I've seen with SJCAM?
Can you show me a example about the SJCAM show the settings on video/photo?

Hmm well I've seen something like that in small text that seemed to match date/time font... unless it was edited in afterwards. If I see it, I'll link it. I guess it isn't a feature at this point then. Thanks!

while playing with my camera today and i found this :oops: the screw was exerting too much force to the cover.

http://s28.postimg.org/vhsqu4lxn/IMG_7163_1.jpg
http://s11.postimg.org/o02jhwhi9/IMG_7165_1.jpg

Hi,
Sorry to interrupt but may i know where did you buy yours Git2 from, how much approx it cost in Rm and how long did it take for them to ship to KL or wherever you are in Malaysia. I am in Malaysia but haven't been able to find any distributors/ sellers in ove

Hi,
Sorry to interrupt but may i know where did you buy yours Git2 from, how much approx it cost in Rm and how long did it take for them to ship to KL or wherever you are in Malaysia. I am in Malaysia but haven't been able to find any distributors/ sellers in ove
I will check it tomorrow, before we have distributors sell Git1 in Malaysia.

I will check it tomorrow, before we have distributors sell Git1 in Malaysia.
Thanks for the timely reply, the only seller i was able to find in Malaysia was through a facebook git up page but the guy seem to have no clue when the stock will arrive for Gitup Git2. He told me 2 weeks and when I asked him after 1 week he again told me 2 weeks.
I would appreciate if you could find GitupGit2 seller/distributors in Malaysia.
Thanks

Thanks Gitup and aim120 for the manual link! Actually, I meant to show them in the video or photo! Not the screen! I don't suppose this is possible yet?
For Photos, you can look at the exif information, eg look at the file properties in Windows and select the details tab. There is a lot of information there including some of the settings such as metering mode.

I was hoping those of you experienced with the Git2 could tell me if this quality is normal for such a night-time shot. Or worse than you would expect? I will try to post more tomorrow.

16 megapixel (4:3), Auto White Balance, Average Metering

Maybe better link here:
http://www.imagebam.com/image/260e1a452754206

2na6145.jpg

Hello all, just got my Gitup Git2, does anyone have any info on some lenses that will fit this camera?

I was hoping those of you experienced with the Git2 could tell me if this quality is normal for such a night-time shot. Or worse than you would expect? I will try to post more tomorrow.

16 megapixel (4:3), Auto White Balance, Average Metering
That is quite a dark situation and being an action camera it favours high ISO to keep the shutter speed reasonable for action in those situations over getting ultimate quality when on a tripod. The exif info says ISO 1200 at 1/16th, so I reckon it is quite a good picture considering. Especially if it is taken through glass?

You could probably do a little better if you use the RAW file, then you could probably avoid having some of those lights overexposed, otherwise you need to wait for Gitup to add an ISO control before you can expect it to do any better.

Hello all, just got my Gitup Git2, does anyone have any info on some lenses that will fit this camera?

Hi Jogger, for the lens , I know that git up is working on a element glass lens with a narrow fov like 90 deg I belive.

Can you tell me where did you bougth your git up? When did they ship it?

Thank you

That is quite a dark situation and being an action camera it favours high ISO to keep the shutter speed reasonable for action in those situations over getting ultimate quality when on a tripod. The exif info says ISO 1200 at 1/16th, so I reckon it is quite a good picture considering. Especially if it is taken through glass?

You could probably do a little better if you use the RAW file, then you could probably avoid having some of those lights overexposed, otherwise you need to wait for Gitup to add an ISO control before you can expect it to do any better.
ISO option is on the latest beta firmware now. For night photo, try to set the sharpness to soft to reduce noise.
Also we are working on something to improve the night photo quality.

ISO option is on the latest beta firmware now. For night photo, try to set the sharpness to soft to reduce noise.
Also we are working on something to improve the night photo quality.
Hi there,
May i know if there's any distributor in Malaysia for Git2? I saw the Kidspower post of getting help from you guys in getting his Git to delivered in Malaysia, may I know if you guys could help me get mine ?
Thanks

Hi everyone! I'm newbie too.

I've purchased a Git2 yesterday from GB... The hard waiting begins for me. :)

I have the same question.

I'm searching info about what protective lens fits, like these, but for Git2:

I'm not interested in a 37 mm lens, or similar. I only want to protect the camera lens when I use it without case.

Does anyone have some information about it?

Thanks and sorry for my bad engish.

Greetings!

Hi everyone! I'm newbie too.

I'm not interested in a 37 mm lens, or similar. I only want to protect the camera lens when I use it without case.

Greetings!
I just ordered that Hero4 UV lens, will check it and update the status.

I'm waiting your information. I would like protect the lens too

Last edited:
Woop de doop, my Git2 has been despatched by Gearbest after a little prod and prompt. Just got to hope it gets here without picking up interest from customs or light fingered delivery drivers!

I was looking at something without a fisheye lens, like maybe this 5.4mm lens for instance, would it work with the Gitup Git2?

https://www.peauproductions.com/collections/gopro-hero-4-black-silver-lenses/products/gp54025
That lens costs more than the Git2!

I suggest waiting to see what GitUp's narrow angle, low distortion lens can do, should be a lot cheaper and work well, and have firmware to support it if a different calibration is needed. Of course it depends what you want to do with it, if you really want zero.zero fisheye distortion and don't want to correct it post recording then it will be expensive.

Hi all,
Will I do any harm to my git2 when charging from 5v 1.5A instead of 1A ?

Back