GitUp Git2- Support, FAQ, Review

May I know why some want 4X3 VIDEO?
Almost all tv are 16x9 ratio.

Does 24 fps in the resolution 1080p and up can be add in a next firmware?

4: 3 is used build equipments 360ºvideo , it has a higher VFOV (vertical field of view) and same HFOV(horizontal field of view) . That means fewer cameras manage to build a sphere 360x180

if these cameras did not work in 4 : 3, 6 video cameras would be impossible to 360x180
with original lens
img_0028.jpg

360Heros.jpg

fisheye lens 220º
Ninja_300.png
1440VS1080.jpg

if we replace the original lenses for fisheye, still need fewer cameras
2, 3 or 4
only 2 cameras + lens 220º, but best 3 or 4

Last edited:

4:3 ratio gives me more control over the framing of the video. If converting to 16:9, I can selectively crop the top or bottom of the video. This is helpful for videos where I'm panning vertically, or just to correct the framing. I've done this for snowboarding, paragliding, climbing. Fwiw, I've read that gopro have a native 4:3 ratio. Not sure if git cams are the same?

On Git1, it works as you posted, go directly into the MASS storage mode.
On Git2, we support web camera features, so require to choose the mass storage or web camera feature.

It seems some users still need the web camera feature, so it is hard to make decision to remove the web camera option.
web cam is very important feature! one of the main reason of buying git2 for me is webcam feature beside better sensor more pixels etc, for instance i order sj4000 and few days after i found on web git2 product, only thing i don't know this days + wasn't sure if this type of cam have web feature.. anyway when i find that on some forum git2 have web cam feature i immediately cancel sj4000 and order git2 (still waiting). At the end you never remove features ! only improve or add it,on every product in the world ;)

Last edited:
@gitup never said he will remove webcam feature. For sure they will add.

enjoy,
Mtz

The Git2 went to the mall :p

Video is taken in poor lighting conditions in 2K with Gyro ON

Mini photo gallery:

Reactions: Mtz
You should go on first place of that train and record from there for a Gyro test!

enjoy,
Mtz

You should go on first place of that train and record from there for a Gyro test!

enjoy,
Mtz
The idea is great and it crossed my mind but i have problems with heights and moving objects, the only time when i don't get car sick is when i drive it, otherwise I'll end seeing my breakfasts for the second time in the same day ! :(
Maybe I'll try it on an empty stomach. :confused:

I have two Git2 cameras but I think one have issue with lens alignment. Photos from this one are noticeably softer on the left side, please check comparison photos.

Soft on the left side (camera bought from Gearbest):

Sharp on the left side (camera bought from local dealer in my country):

I submitted a ticket to Gearbest Support Center that I want return this camera and they wrote "The item you ordered is the Fisheye lens , and it belongs to the normal phenomenon ." I don't think it is normal if one camera can produce sharp photos and second one not!

They have some standard replies and is hard for them to enter into technical details. Try contacting gitup user from our forum.

@TechTronic9000 Just mount the camera with the bike mount and jump until the trocarici will start! :D

enjoy,
Mtz

I've yet to receive my git2... but maybe @gitup can comment if they will consider these in future firmwares if they do not already exist.

Possible to do 24fps/30fps/48fps/60fps for any of these resolutions? These are all 4:3, I haven't heard of any action cams (other than gopro) that support these resolutions.
2704 x 2028
1920 x 1440
1280 x 960

View attachment 20233
The chipset support 1920*1080P 60fps, 2880*2160 30fps, so the 1920*1440 60fps and 2704*2028 30fps can not be implemented.
For 1920*1440 30fps, should be no problem, but maybe it is a interpolated version due to is not the native solution.

@gitup can you comment on when the app might be available? The card in my camera box said 6 weeks but I haven't seen anything about it yet

The chipset support 1920*1080P 60fps, 2880*2160 30fps, so the 1920*1440 60fps and 2704*2028 30fps can not be implemented.
For 1920*1440 30fps, should be no problem, but maybe it is a interpolated version due to is not the native solution.

1920*1440 30fps Better than nothing and Ideally 2560x1920 , even interpolated

First test:

FISHEYE 180º ON GIT2 CAMERA 2560X1440P 30FPS

First test of the Git2 on my DIY 250mm class quad.

From photos or from videos? Si good to write such details on YouTube video info.

I like the GitUp idea of offering 16:9 photos not only because in these days most of the pictures are not printed but watched on some 16:9 TV , but also because they are helping a lot in this way the people which want to create timelapse videos from photos.

I like cameras which have options that I expect and I like even for most people seems to be not important and until now is like the most options of GitUp were created for me.

enjoy,
Mtz

Back