GitUp Git2- Support, FAQ, Review

The chipset support 1920*1080P 60fps, 2880*2160 30fps, so the 1920*1440 60fps and 2704*2028 30fps can not be implemented.
For 1920*1440 30fps, should be no problem, but maybe it is a interpolated version due to is not the native solution.

Hi @gitup,

I'm also interested in video resolutions 4:3.
Can you add 1600x1200 60fps in the next firmware?

Edit:
Does the camera PAL mode with 50 and 25 fps?

Last edited:
Hi everybody!
One question for @gitup

What microphones supports Gitup Git2?
I am excited about the SARAMONIC GoMic and would like to know whether this is compatible with the Git2?

greetings from Germany

TQvxLVu.jpg

My setup, with the external microphone (zoom H1)

Hey everyone! I am getting super frustrated with trying to update the firmware. I have a 64GB memory card and i'm using a mac computer. Can anyone help me please!?!?

extract the file and copy it to a freshly formatted card (format in the camera) and power the camera on

is that what you're doing?

extract the file and copy it to a freshly formatted card (format in the camera) and power the camera on

is that what you're doing?

Yes. I formatted that card (ExFAT), and I uploaded the zip file. There is no green light blinking, just the red.

Yes. I formatted that card (ExFAT), and I uploaded the zip file. There is no green light blinking, just the red.

you may need a 32gb card or smaller to update the firmware, it will need to be FAT32 also, not exFAT, (it may work with the 64gb card formatted as FAT32 but no guarantees on that) you need to unzip the file and just copy the bin file to the formatted card

Upgrade Instructions:
Please do the following to upgrade the action cam

1. Download the firmware file, and prepare the MicroSD card(use a 32GB maximum,FAT32 format.)

2. Unzip the file using available unzip programs, e.g. WinZip or 7-Zip

3. Open the file and copy the .bin file directly into the MicroSD card Root File(Or you can choose to format your SD card first, then copy the .bin file directly into the MicroSD card)

4. Insert the MicroSD card into the cam and power it on via a 5V/1A power source, e.g. cigarette lighter or power bank, it will start upgrade automatically.

5. While upgrading the photo status green light starts blinking(the light blinking slowly at the beginning, then blinking quickly), after the light stop blinking, it means upgrade is finished. (The whole process lasts about 30 seconds)

6. After upgrade, remove the SD card and delete the firmware, otherwise it will upgrade again when you power on the camera next time.

- See more at: http://www.gitup.com/en/content/8-how-to-upgrade-the-firmware-for-gitup-git2#sthash.gCDt85MB.dpuf

Thank you for your help. I just spent a lot of money on the 64GB card, so that's disappointing. I will try again once I can get ahold of a 32GB card. Will my 64GB still work to store my pictures and videos from my Git2?

Thank you for your help. I just spent a lot of money on the 64GB card, so that's disappointing. I will try again once I can get ahold of a 32GB card. Will my 64GB still work to store my pictures and videos from my Git2?

you can try using the 64gb card to update, may or may not work, it does need to be FAT32 though, for use in the camera though for recording is no problem

as you're a Mac user you want to get in the habit of formatting the card in camera after you've had it in the computer, the Mac can leave some hidden system files on the card in some circumstances which can cause the camera to trip up when recording, a quick format when you put the card back in the camera will prevent that from happening

Yes 64gb cards work fine in the GitUp cameras. It's all I've ever used in mine. Then again I haven't tried updating the firmware yet... But I do have some old 8 and 16gb cards in my desk I could use for that if I need to.

Next firmware will support format the 64GB card for FAT32 format, so there will be less problem for upgrade.

I bought on Amazon for 18€, try searching "gopro aluminum" .
It doesn't have excellent quality, but I think that for 18€ it's OK.

I've yet to receive my git2... but maybe @gitup can comment if they will consider these in future firmwares if they do not already exist.

Possible to do 24fps/30fps/48fps/60fps for any of these resolutions? These are all 4:3, I haven't heard of any action cams (other than gopro) that support these resolutions.
2704 x 2028
1920 x 1440
1280 x 960

View attachment 20233
Currently added the 1920*1440 30fps, plan to release next week, I did a quick testing.
1440P.png

Very Good,
Thanks

Currently added the 1920*1440 30fps, plan to release next week, I did a quick testing.
View attachment 20426
The image has got a little squashed - the pixels are no longer square so the cars have become tall and thin, there is something wrong with the scaling...

The image has got a little squashed - the pixels are no longer square so the cars have become tall and thin, there is something wrong with the scaling...

the HFOV must the same to correct that

Hi here,@gitup

@ey_vaz This friend bought one gitup2 from our store and he met some problems about Git2.

He said that"I tested the camera, video quality is very poor. The following video was recorded with 1080 60fps resolution.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxEzCpUv8bxJWVVKQ3B3UUdVNUE/view?usp=docslist_api
Do you know what may cause the problem?"

Can u help him?

Thanks a lot.
It looks OK to me, but to get really good quality video he will need more light.

All video cameras work best in sunshine, or studio lighting, his house lighting is limiting the quality.

Back