GitUp Git2- Support, FAQ, Review

I wish I had your optimistic mood, because I've run out of patience. Its been a month, which is more than enough time to ship something DHL from Asia to Europe. I'm going on holiday on Jan 27th, and I see no possibility I'm going to receive it in time. Even today, there is no tracking info. Complaining to Gearbest has resulted in no productive outcome.

Since I payed with PayPal, I'm assuming I can ask PayPal to process a refund? Has anyone done this before, and been successful?

They seem to ship via multiple routes. DHL from Singapore will deliver in UK next day, problem is that Gearbest seem to get it to DHL in Singapore via bicycle so it takes over 1 week to reach DHL! If they ship via DHL in Hong Kong then it is much faster, maybe 2 days to reach DHL and then delivered in UK next day.

Gearbest does have cheap prices, but don't expect fast delivery, even expedited, the cheap prices come first, I'm sure it will get sorted eventually though.

Currently added the 1920*1440 30fps, plan to release next week, I did a quick testing.
View attachment 20426

Thanks for the quick test, and this is a step in the right direction!

I hope to see something more accurate/definitive, because I can tell the framing is not exactly the same in both photos. If you were to compare 1920*1080 and 1920*1440, the ONLY difference should be that there is "more image" in the upper and lower part of the frame (assuming the same FOV).

I buy a mini usb to jack for external mic( for hero4,10pins // 5pin version of hero3 does not work), after test, 3 different mono mic and one stereo, same result, one channel only ( left), any idea gitup ?
EDIT :
I pulled out the multimeter to check the adapter, only one channel is connected to it, its explains why the stereo mic is mono, but none of my 3 mono microphones is recognized correctly, for all i have one channel (left only) Its not possible to add an option for mono/stereo mic in the cam ? it will avoid the bad detection of mono mic

Hero4 skeleton ebay case work great !
( i have this one http://www.ebay.fr/itm/151880516203?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT)

Last edited:
Is it a interpolated version?
Can you add others video resolution 4:3 like 1600*1200 60fps?

Thanks for your support
I've just a quick look at some raw video, the quality and scaling appears identical to the 1920x1080, only difference is that it has the top and bottom added on to make it 4:3. (It wasn't actually full sensor size as the gyro was turned on.)

There are a lot of resolutions to choose from now, don't want too many more!

I wish I had your optimistic mood, because I've run out of patience. Its been a month, which is more than enough time to ship something DHL from Asia to Europe. I'm going on holiday on Jan 27th, and I see no possibility I'm going to receive it in time. Even today, there is no tracking info. Complaining to Gearbest has resulted in no productive outcome.

Since I payed with PayPal, I'm assuming I can ask PayPal to process a refund? Has anyone done this before, and been successful?

You need to contact the seller by using paypal . You try to talk to him , and if He dont respond you before it make 45 days from the date you bougth the git up , you can request a refund. You need to ask a claim before the 45 day or you will not get any money back!!!

When I order from China , it allways take like 1 month to recieve my order !!! It is normal for here in Canada , but where you live , I don t know . The probleme is not gearbest , The probleme is allways the shipping compagny that make it long . Gearbest offer a free shipping , if you take this shipping option , it will take long time .

@gitup , What is it about the 24p option for the 1080p and other resolution for the next firmware???

I've just a quick look at some raw video, the quality and scaling appears identical to the 1920x1080, only difference is that it has the top and bottom added on to make it 4:3. (It wasn't actually full sensor size as the gyro was turned on.)

There are a lot of resolutions to choose from now, don't want too many more!

it's just what I want , same HFOV greater VFOV

You need to contact the seller by using paypal . You try to talk to him , and if He dont respond you before it make 45 days from the date you bougth the git up , you can request a refund. You need to ask a claim before the 45 day or you will not get any money back!!!

When I order from China , it allways take like 1 month to recieve my order !!! It is normal for here in Canada , but where you live , I don t know . The probleme is not gearbest , The probleme is allways the shipping compagny that make it long . Gearbest offer a free shipping , if you take this shipping option , it will take long time .

@gitup , What is it about the 24p option for the 1080p and other resolution for the next firmware???

Thanks for the tips... I didnt go cheapass and do cheapass shipping. DHL aint free man :p

Thanks for the tips... I didnt go cheapass and do cheapass shipping. DHL aint free man [emoji14]
It also depends on the part of the world you are in. For exampe in Romania DHL will do anything possible to delay your packege and to make you pay some stupid high taxes. It took 3 days from China to get here, and then 3 week for the actual delivery, after I have made 2 complains and thretened them with a 3rd one at the at the office of customer protection.

Techmoan said:
I suppose you might prefer to pay more for a camera with less features but labelled up with a brand name you are more familiar with...and if so then that's your prerogative, however I know which camera I'd buy.
Wonder which brand(s) he is thinking of?

There's another good comment there:

logcoyy
2 hours ago
Hello Mat. Are you going to review SJ5000x Elite? SJ5000x Elite seems to be very nice camera maybe even better than Git2 Pro. I wish to see your review of this camera if that's possible.

Techmoan
2 hours ago
+logcoyy I don't think so. They've got too many models out now, too many variations. If I did a review it would be out of date in a month.. when the SJ5001 Super Mega Elite Plus model came out.

Yo, Techtronic, you are a relative of uncle Techmoan? In romanian: bre Techtronicule, esti rudă cu nea Techmoan? :p
About SJCam, Techmoan is right and I remember also Nigel and me complained about the same problem with SJCam products.

Maybe about GoPro which doesn't have Gyro? :rolleyes:

enjoy,
Mtz

Yo, Techtronic, you are a relative of uncle Techmoan? In romanian: bre Techtronicule, esti rudă cu nea Techmoan? [emoji14]
About SJCam, Techmoan is right and I remember also Nigel and me complained about the same problem with SJCam products.

Maybe about GoPro which doesn't have Gyro? :rolleyes:

enjoy,
Mtz
I can only wish (and dream) to have such an uncle :) as vrea eu! [emoji14]

Hi here,@gitup

@ey_vaz This friend bought one gitup2 from our store and he met some problems about Git2.

He said that"I tested the camera, video quality is very poor. The following video was recorded with 1080 60fps resolution.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxEzCpUv8bxJWVVKQ3B3UUdVNUE/view?usp=docslist_api
Do you know what may cause the problem?"

Can u help him?

Thanks a lot.

Anyone having this issue ? I didn't receive it yet (should be there this week) but just wondering.

Last edited:
There's another good comment there:

logcoyy
2 hours ago
Hello Mat. Are you going to review SJ5000x Elite? SJ5000x Elite seems to be very nice camera maybe even better than Git2 Pro. I wish to see your review of this camera if that's possible.

Techmoan
2 hours ago
+logcoyy I don't think so. They've got too many models out now, too many variations. If I did a review it would be out of date in a month.. when the SJ5001 Super Mega Elite Plus model came out.

how true is that

you can try using the 64gb card to update, may or may not work, it does need to be FAT32 though, for use in the camera though for recording is no problem

as you're a Mac user you want to get in the habit of formatting the card in camera after you've had it in the computer, the Mac can leave some hidden system files on the card in some circumstances which can cause the camera to trip up when recording, a quick format when you put the card back in the camera will prevent that from happening

Thank you so much for your advice! I bought a 16GB card and the update worked as described!

Now onto my next challenge… trying to figure out my settings and what will work best underwater.

Back