GitUp Git2- Support, FAQ, Review

i got my git2 a few weeks ago and with it came a card that said the app will be ready in 4-6 weeks. Any updates on that?

i got my git2 a few weeks ago and with it came a card that said the app will be ready in 4-6 weeks. Any updates on that?
As I know GitUp, probably the app will be released a bit later so it can be properly tested first, to avoid frustrating users with poor functionality.

I my git2 few days ago.

Overall I am happy. I am not pro user but I can say that video quality is good for me. Build quality same thing. Audio quality also surprisingly good.

I am only surprised with the battery which is the weakest point. They don't last long so I bought extra 3.

Waterproof case top quality.

I have Hero4 silver so I have tried case with git2. Fits really well and I use my spare Hero4 case with Git2 over the original case because it has less bulk and very sleek.

Regarding lens cover for Git2 itself, best fit is cover from Hero3 lens, same with waterproof case, Hero3 cover is the best. Hero4 covers are too small.

The other thing I think its not good beside battery are the frequent wifi disconnections when used with Android 5.1.

Hi, I also has the same issue with HDMI and the audio. @gitup, is this something on what you're working on? It should be able to reproduce the sound in the TV through the HDMI cable.

Thanks

I am only surprised with the battery which is the weakest point. They don't last long so I bought extra 3.

Don't trust the gauge from the display, it drops fast (especially when cold) and then with an empty battery it will work for a long time.

Don't trust the gauge from the display, it drops fast (especially when cold) and then with an empty battery it will work for a long time.
This is true but it's always good to have spare batteries! I got about 90 minutes of recording at 1080p with gyro on before the battery ran out, and that was while snow skiing. Ambient temperature was about 10-15°f. And I was able to change batteries without taking my gloves off!

It would be interesting to see if the battery display is firmware problem or battery problem.

I like to have spare batteries and swap when needed but I also have external Anker batteries (6400mah) that I can mount on monopod or anywhere else.

Also, based on what I have read and watched before I expected way better gyro, it is just decent. All default setting, Gyro ON, at 1080p 60fps video is shaky or at least not that fluent like on the videos that some Youtubes presented.

I have made some videos with Git2 on monopod (slow walk down the street with steady hand) and video is shaky, maybe not too shaky enough not to see true benefit of the gyro.

Other than that, tested at night from hand and as a dashcam and quality is not good altough I knew that before.

I will test more this week and see how it goes.

Right now, I can say that is way better than Sjcams, I also like it more than YI camera, especialy because of LCD. With Hero4 I will not compare.

Other than that, its a good deal if somebody uses it from time to time or don't want to spend 3x more for Gopro.

4:3 AR in next firmware.

enjoy,
Mtz

Amazing

I've just a quick look at some raw video, the quality and scaling appears identical to the 1920x1080, only difference is that it has the top and bottom added on to make it 4:3. (It wasn't actually full sensor size as the gyro was turned on.)

There are a lot of resolutions to choose from now, don't want too many more!

Yes, there are a lot of resolutions to choose from now but I want a resolution 4:3 60fps if is possible for quad racing and then do "superview mode".
I understand that it is impossible for technical limitations a resolution 1920x1440p 60fps but can it be done in a lower resolution like 1600x1200?

can somebody write some default presets for normal user video rec, photo takes and maybe timelapse! for instance is it ok for normal user 1080 60fps or even 1080 with low fps number fot yt upload, nice picture etc. Take photo with default iso wb etc (night/Day) or something else and timelapse mod for beginners. Thank you ! maybe some guide for beginners with git2 and action cam business :D

Does the front LED blink when recording with v1.2 firmware? I've set the "All LED On" option and the LEDs turn on/off as expected until I start recording. When recording, only the back LED blinks no matter what options I set.

My friend has the v1.1 firmware and the front LED does blink so I think this is a bug?

As I know GitUp, probably the app will be released a bit later so it can be properly tested first, to avoid frustrating users with poor functionality.
Well 4-6 weeks seems like a pretty concrete time to put instead of something vague like "soon", which is why I was wondering

Seems my original battery doesn't work anymore, having to use sj batteries. Anyone else had any problems?

When using as a dashcam how do I stop the glare from the dash on the windscreen?

044f7837fb7beab79b87c5a6fa86084b.jpg

That's too much reflection for me and a CPL filter is easy for sure but so is a dash mat which not only protects the dash from UV fade and long term stretching/cracking but also cuts down the interior temperature massively.

Grey is the color dash mat Iv used in all my cars and some use black but I think grey provides the best anti-glare.

I spent 10 years up the road there in Bris-vegas and would use both a CPL and dash mat but go the mat first and see how it goes.

Back