GitUp Git2- Support, FAQ, Review

Would this work?
If the filter matches the description, will work. Confused bythe lack of a brand. But keep in mind that its work will be slightly different from those that for DSLR cameras. But not much.

To get 240 frames a second you obviously need to be able to collect the images in less than 1/240th of a second so you need enough light for at least a 250th second exposure. This requires either very bright studio lighting, or full sunlight.

If there is not enough light for a fast enough exposure time then the camera will start duplicating the frames so that it still has enough for 240/second even though there is not enough light.
I still have the same question.
I received my Git2 yesterday and today I've checked it myself.
It is cloudy and snowy. To check is it enough light I've made a photo and look on EXIF: ISO100, F4.0, 1/800 - so it's more than enough light. But the video still shows 1 original frame and 7 duplicated - so it is not real 240 fps.
If you can't realise this mode it will be better to remove it.
You can find video here: http://1drv.ms/1nskmlZ and you also can find there true 240fps from my Xiaomi Yi

That is the same size that I use, it should be effective at removing the reflections except maybe at the sides of the frame where the angle becomes wrong. They work better in some cars than others depending on the angle of the glass, around 40 degrees works best, for 90 degree (vertical) glass they are pointless.

You may find the fit is a bit loose or possible a bit tight, but a small piece of electrical tape on the inside will nicely sort a loose fit and a bit of sandpaper will fix a tight fit.

That is the same size that I use, it should be effective at removing the reflections except maybe at the sides of the frame where the angle becomes wrong. They work better in some cars than others depending on the angle of the glass, around 40 degrees works best, for 90 degree (vertical) glass they are pointless.

What you are saying here seems logical and certainly makes sense in theory, but not in practice. If the lens axis and focal plane of the sensor is perfectly parallel to the vertical glass in a vehicle (like the rear window of my pick-up truck for example), then, as you say, a CPL would indeed be ineffective. In practice, most dash cams are mounted high on the windscreen and pointed downwards towards the road and so now one is dealing with oblique angles of reflection once again. So, for some vertical glass installations, a CPL might still be a worthwhile addition.

Last edited:
What you are saying here seems logical and certainly makes sense in theory, but not in practice. If the lens axis and focal plane of the sensor is perfectly parallel to the vertical glass in a vehicle (like the rear window of my pick-up truck for example), then, as you say, a CPL would indeed be ineffective. In practice, most dash cams are mounted high on the windscreen and pointed downwards towards the road and so now one is dealing with oblique angles of reflection once again. So, for some vertical glass installations, a CPL might still be a worthwhile addition.
The polarisation of the light occurs when it reflects off the windscreen glass and how much polarisation there is depends on the angle of that reflection, so I don't see how the angle of the sensor makes any difference to the effectiveness of the CPL? The position of the camera will only affect what is seen to be reflected, not the angle of the reflection off the glass.

The polarisation of the light occurs when it reflects off the windscreen glass and how much polarisation there is depends on the angle of that reflection, so I don't see how the angle of the sensor makes any difference to the effectiveness of the CPL? The position of the camera will only affect what is seen to be reflected, not the angle of the reflection off the glass.

Well yes Nigel, "the polarisation (sic) of the light occurs when it reflects off the windscreen glass and how much polarisation there is depends on the angle of that reflection" And so when the camera (and of course, its lens axis and sensor plane) are pointed at a downward angle "off the windscreen glass" you are now no longer dealing with a "vertical glass" but rather a windscreen that is at angle oblique to the camera.

Well yes Nigel, "the polarisation (sic) of the light occurs when it reflects off the windscreen glass and how much polarisation there is depends on the angle of that reflection" And so when the camera (and of course, its lens axis and sensor plane) are pointed at a downward angle "off the windscreen glass" you are now no longer dealing with a "vertical glass" but rather a windscreen that is at angle oblique to the camera.
The object seen in the reflection has not moved, the windscreen has not moved, the camera has not moved, so if you measure the angles between the three they have not changed. The only thing that has happened is that the camera has been rotated, but the light still takes the same path to get to it. Yes, the light hits the sensor at a different angle but that does not effect the image.

The object seen in the reflection has not moved, the windscreen has not moved, the camera has not moved, so if you measure the angles between the three they have not changed. The only thing that has happened is that the camera has been rotated, but the light still takes the same path to get to it. Yes, the light hits the sensor at a different angle but that does not effect the image.

Forget the sensor already. The camera is no longer facing the vertical glass square on after you have tilted it down towards the road, so the camera has indeed "moved". Since the reflections are now hitting the lens from an angle off the glass a CPL should indeed have an effect. It would be like shooting a photo of a still pond from the shoreline using a CPL rather than from above with the camera's film plane parallel to the water.

Last edited:
Does the camera have a mode like the GoPro 3/4 where the camera will automatically capture still images automatically at a set interval while recording video? The specifications on GitHub's website mentions a photo+video mode but I haven't seen any other mentions about it. Thanks!

Does the camera have a mode like the GoPro 3/4 where the camera will automatically capture still images automatically at a set interval while recording video? The specifications on GitHub's website mentions a photo+video mode but I haven't seen any other mentions about it. Thanks!
It support take a video snapshot while recording.
1. Manually: press power button while recording
2. Automatically: set interval for video snapshot, there is a option in the video setting menu.

Does the front LED blink when recording with v1.2 firmware? I've set the "All LED On" option and the LEDs turn on/off as expected until I start recording. When recording, only the back LED blinks no matter what options I set.

My friend has the v1.1 firmware and the front LED does blink so I think this is a bug?
Did you enable the car dvr option, only back LED blinking while CAR DVR option enabled.

Thanks! What is the resolution of these video snapshots?

It support take a video snapshot while recording.
1. Manually: press power button while recording
2. Automatically: set interval for video snapshot, there is a option in the video setting menu.

Hi all

I have finally get hold of Git2 and joining you guys as a proud owner of this amazing action camera. Have an issue which like to clarify.

Is it normal that the under camera's play mode, the video cannot be playback. I pressed the shutter button and nothing happen.

Hopefully i receive my Git2 this week. Already received some other accessories for it from Gearbest last week.

Did you enable the car dvr option, only back LED blinking while CAR DVR option enabled.
That was it! Thank you so much for explaining. The naming of the options "Car Mode Auto-Start: On/Off" and "LED Status: All LED On/Off" implies they are mutually exclusive. I thought "Car Mode Auto-Start" should control if the camera starts when power is applied, and "LED Status" should control what the LEDs do. That way the camera is more configurable and the settings don't fight with each other. I understand the thinking, however, that "Car Mode" users would normally want just the back led. In my case, I have the camera on a helmet where I want the front LED to blink, but I also want the camera to turn on and record as soon as I apply power from an external battery. Just a suggestion... either way, I am happy.

I've made a small comparison of my Xiaomi Yi and my new Git2. And in my opinion quality of the video is very similar. The video frim the Git2 seems to be a little bit sharper, but if we try to compare it in details, we'll see that all the details there are on both videos. And if we increase contrast of the Xiaomi's video it will look the same as Git2. And in some cases such sharpening of the Git2 is not well, cause, for example on 720p video samples we can see some lost details - if you look on the snow, you will see foottracks on the Xiaomi's video and you will not see them on the Git2's video. But in general I can't say that one of cameras make better video.

Can you gix battery indicator issue in the next firmware?

Also, any update on apps? Its unbelievable that you need 6 or more months mobile app. I know you always say it is in testing phase, but testing phase does not last for months.

Back